Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #50,611 of 63,803
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #50,612 of 63,803
Yup...that's the one. Thanks for the link; but there is no feedback on the store you linked. I never buy from a store with no reviews or any past transactions. I'll check around a bit more on Aliexpress to find a more established seller. But thanks for the link anyway. If I were to re buy the ZS10 PRO again, that's definitely the colour I'd want.
I clicked on the first I saw
KZ official store also has it: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #50,613 of 63,803
Yup...that's the one. Thanks for the link; but there is no feedback on the store you linked. I never buy from a store with no reviews or any past transactions. I'll check around a bit more on Aliexpress to find a more established seller. But thanks for the link anyway. If I were to re buy the ZS10 PRO again, that's definitely the colour I'd want.
Again, many thanks. I'm never very disappointed when I listen to my ZS10 PRO. My go to iem. If I get a set with the blue faceplate, I'd give my black shell/silver faceplate version to my musician buddy...along with a balanced 2.5mm upgrade cable and a brand new never used ES100 DAC/AMP. My favorite combo with this set.

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #50,614 of 63,803

I too have been looking for the “Royal Blue” faceplate since before last 11.11. They are nowhere to be found.

Sure, plenty of listing photos SHOW the all blue faceplate. But when you try and order it there is no option for it. Instead, every listing has the “Glare blue“ color one instead (which came later and is different):

86D5EFFA-939B-4C10-A1EE-FD48BA147473.png

Basically, KZ made a very limited run of 100 Royal Blue ZS10 Pro and 100 Royal Blue ZSN Pro.

I should have bought them the second they came out. They apparently both sold out within a short time :frowning2:

5BFFC6EA-8DF4-4DFE-9BAC-C4C409F8B03D.png

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #50,615 of 63,803
I too have been looking for the “Royal Blue” faceplate since before last 11.11. They are nowhere to be found.

Sure, plenty of listing photos SHOW the all blue faceplate. But when you try and order it there is no option for it. Instead, every listing has the “Glare blue“ color one instead (which came later and is different):

Basically, KZ made a very limited run of 100 Royal Blue ZS10 Pro and 100 Royal Blue ZSN Pro.

I should have bought them the second they came out. They apparently both sold out within a short time :frowning2:

Yeah, I've been having the same experience as you. When you go into "colour options" on every seller's site on Aliexpress, this blue one is never available. It's a shame that KZ dropped that faceplate. I think it's the most attractive of all they offered for the ZS10 PRO, imho.

Aug 9, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #50,616 of 63,803

I didn't notice that, nice catch

Aug 9, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #50,617 of 63,803
Just got moondrop starfield. Every IEM seems to be tuned nearly exactly the same 😂.

Aug 9, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #50,618 of 63,803
Messed around with my KZ AS10 cabling today and discovered that the right connector was slightly intermittent. Sometimes losing connection if I don't use a cable with a recessed lip. The only other cable that I have with a recessed lip was an ugly white cable I'd never used before. I think it's a cheap kz aftermarket cable and may have been advertised at silver-plated. Plugged it in & "eff me!"; it's like it added another pair of treble BAs! Lifting treble energy by quite a bit - which was a tad too tame for me on the stock cable. What a lucky find! Sadly, I can't remember where I got this cable from - for anyone who wants to give it a try on their AS10, here's the pics. Someone should know it - looking @Slater :)
cable.jpg

Note for trebleheads:
Am treble-sensitive, so AS10 with this white cable likely still won't be bright enough for you. But if exquisite vocals & controlled bass slam is your cup of tea - this should do.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #50,619 of 63,803
Messed around with my KZ AS10 cabling today and discovered that the right connector was slightly intermittent. Sometimes losing connection if I don't use a cable with a recessed lip. The only other cable that I have with a recessed lip was an ugly white cable I'd never used before. I think it's a cheap kz aftermarket cable and may have been advertised at silver-plated. Plugged it in & "eff me!"; it's like it added another pair of treble BAs! Lifting treble energy by quite a bit - which was a tad too tame for me on the stock cable. What a lucky find! Sadly, I can't remember where I got this cable from - for anyone who wants to give it a try on their AS10, here's the pics. Someone should know it - looking @Slater :)
cable.jpg

That looks like one of the KZ silver upgrade cables they used to sell.

Aug 10, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #50,620 of 63,803
cable.jpg
I found AS10 to be very source- and cable-sensitive. As low as to 0.5-0.8 Ohm, to my ears.
So AS10 may work to "hear the difference" between TRN and NiceHCK silver cables.

I will try it when I am back from the wilderness of the Canadian North near the Lake Superior :)

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #50,621 of 63,803
I found AS10 to be very source- and cable-sensitive. As low as to 0.5-0.8 Ohm, to my ears.
So AS10 may work to "hear the difference" between TRN and NiceHCK silver cables.
I will try it when I am back from the wilderness of the Canadian North near the Lake Superior :)
I was gobsmacked at the shift in sound signature; I had to check that I did not mistakenly use another IEM!
More highs while still retaining some of the mids & bass of the factory cable. It's like I just received a new IEM in the mail!
Enjoy your walkabout!

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #50,622 of 63,803
I've been comparing the ZSX and Starfield for about 36 hours now and they are honestly very similar, but I'm likely going to make the Starfield my new DD and let me tell you why.

Both the ZSX and Starfield have a very similar sound signature, except the Starfield reach higher, and while the Starfield reach low like the ZSX, there's just overall less quantity of it. It's quite minimal difference, but that's the largest difference I've noticed sound wise. The KZ's are fun with big bass and the Starfield seem a bit more neutral but not by much. Both are similar in wide-ish soundstage and instrument separation, showing me single DD's can really perform. Both have no sibilance and no real negatives. Compared to my iBasso, they're both unbelievably ahead in every way. Both IEM's are incredibly good for their price and the best I've listened to.

The things that are making me switch:

- The resin on my ZSX 2pin was weak and has already broken, which causes the IEM to lose connection often.

- The aesthetics. The Starfields are sexy.

- Comfort. These seal so well and are just cozy. They also sit flush with my ears.

- Build quality, Starfields are just heavy and feel so solid, the pins are recessed....I just cant beat this unless I go back to ZS6 or ZS7. This and aesthetics are really my primary reason.

- Sound signature isn't really making me switch but the fact that it's just a small difference from my beloved ZSX, maybe Starfield barely taking the win, excites me. ZSX seems better for things like EDM or my Bass House.

Can't go wrong with either to be honest. Definitely still recommend ZSX and now the Starfield if you want to pay the premium.

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #50,623 of 63,803
Can't go wrong with either to be honest. Definitely still recommend ZSX and now the Starfield if you want to pay the premium.

I have both and to me the Starfield sound more... Colorful? If that makes sense? I'm not too adapt at the whole audiophile lingo. The Starfield have good bass, but are generally more neutral, while the ZSX are to my ears more bass heavy and "colder." Both are pretty great. Starfield are pretty much my go-to IEM right now.

Aug 12, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #50,624 of 63,803
I have both and to me the Starfield sound more... Colorful? If that makes sense? I'm not too adapt at the whole audiophile lingo. The Starfield have good bass, but are generally more neutral, while the ZSX are to my ears more bass heavy and "colder." Both are pretty great. Starfield are pretty much my go-to IEM right now.
I feel like the Starfield presents acoustic instruments and vocals with better realism due to the lack of midrange spikes and better bass texture. The ZSX is much more fun to listen to for ambient/electronic music though with the extended and slightly elevated upper treble.

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #50,625 of 63,803

Hey guys I recently did a cool short unboxing video on the KZ ZS3E, feel free to check it out!

As for the IEMs themselves, well, let's just say the ZS3 is pretty bad in today's chi-fi standards. But 3 years ago I'm sure they would've been considered decent.

The only thing that isn't bad, however, is their incredible noise isolating ability. I've heard this from many people and I have to say it's true, these are literally earplugs! They definitely isolate well over 30db, maybe even more. So if you hate foam earplugs and need something else, get the ZS3!

And if you want better sound quality then just go for the ZS4 and you'll basically have an earplug that plays music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back