Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 18, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #50,266 of 63,834
Right now the Z1 is my daily driver. Fantastic sound for a budget TWS.

I have to agree with you on the Z1. I tried the T1, S1, S1D, and the Z1 is the first that sounds like it was tuned by KZ. With different tips, it really slams hard yet the mids and treble are strong enough to hang with the bass. This week with the Aliexpress sale, the Z1 seems like bargain. The Z3 should be even more interesting.

I got the CA16 and Z1 in the same week so there is a lot of KZ sound to love between the two.

Jun 19, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #50,267 of 63,834
Did anyone get shocked by their KZ ZS7? I mean it literally. Current running through your ear. I know it can happen if the device isn't grounded properly, didn't expect it to reach through to the buds themselves!

Jun 19, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #50,269 of 63,834
Did anyone get shocked by their KZ ZS7? I mean it literally. Current running through your ear. I know it can happen if the device isn't grounded properly, didn't expect it to reach through to the buds themselves!
I haven't used my ZS7 very much, but it's never literally shocked me.

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #50,271 of 63,834
They are the CCA C12. I have no info and can find no info on a "CA12" model.

You’re right, there is no CA12. I was confused with CA16. Sorry for the confusion!

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #50,274 of 63,834
So far these are easily the best of any KZ related iems I've had. They seem to have the incredible clarity and separation of the AS16 with absolutely perfect and deep bass.

Listening to TSwifts latest album sounds incredible with these CCA16s. Listening on my Galaxy Note 9. I think they're absolutely worth the money. I love these way more than the ZS10-pros which were the last KZ I purchased.

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #50,278 of 63,834
I figured I'd post this here rather than start a new thread. Apologies if this is the wrong place for troubleshooting.

So, I got a pair of ZSXs a few days ago after waiting two months for them to arrive from China.

For whatever reason, even with biflange tips, I can't get a full seal with these. The tips feel like they're just resting in my ear canals, and outside noise isn't blocked as profoundly as when i wear other IEMs. When I try to press any further, it just hurts and the tips don't go in any deeper.

I don't normally have trouble getting a seal with IEMs - I typically use ones with straight barrel designs and wedge then deep into my ears cable-up with standard silicone tips. There's always a suction effect when I pull them out.

It dawned on me that I typically wear my IEMs very deep. I mean, the body of my Zero Audio Carbo Tenores basically disappear in my ear with only the cable showing.

My question is, is it really even necessary to get that deep of a seal for IEMs to function properly? If I don't experience the suction effect and hear a pop when I remove them, does that mean I don't have a proper seal? Or is it sufficient for the ear canal to just be blocked, albeit not air-tight? Could it just be that I'm just used to the sort of deep fit that's only possible with straight barrel designs? Sorry for the newb question, but I have very little experience with larger-body IEM designs or balanced armatures.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 4:30 AM Post #50,279 of 63,834
I figured I'd post this here rather than start a new thread. Apologies if this is the wrong place for troubleshooting.

So, I got a pair of ZSXs a few days ago after waiting two months for them to arrive from China.

For whatever reason, even with biflange tips, I can't get a full seal with these. The tips feel like they're just resting in my ear canals, and outside noise isn't blocked as profoundly as when i wear other IEMs. When I try to press any further, it just hurts and the tips don't go in any deeper.

I don't normally have trouble getting a seal with IEMs - I typically use ones with straight barrel designs and wedge then deep into my ears cable-up with standard silicone tips. There's always a suction effect when I pull them out.

It dawned on me that I typically wear my IEMs very deep. I mean, the body of my Zero Audio Carbo Tenores basically disappear in my ear with only the cable showing.

My question is, is it really even necessary to get that deep of a seal for IEMs to function properly? If I don't experience the suction effect and hear a pop when I remove them, does that mean I don't have a proper seal? Or is it sufficient for the ear canal to just be blocked, albeit not air-tight? Could it just be that I'm just used to the sort of deep fit that's only possible with straight barrel designs? Sorry for the newb question, but I have very little experience with larger-body IEM designs or balanced armatures.

This might sound dumb, but are you sure you have the R and L earpiece in the correct ear?

Ive had KZs printed incorrect on the shell, and you said even with dual flange they don’t even fit deep enough which is highly unusual. If you have the R and L earpieces swapped, the nozzles will point at the wrong angle and will cause a really poor fit.

Just an idea...

Jun 23, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #50,280 of 63,834

I don't have the ZSX, but in general, if u can hear the bass frequencies well and the IEM doesn't wobble or drop out if you walk about/turn your head, the fit should be okay.

The feeling of "air tightness" is quite dependent on what tips you use and the individual's ear anatomy, so it is quite hard to say whether u will have this experience. Depth of eartip insertion does affect comfort and even sound signature to some extent, so do explore with various size ear tips, various depths of insertion and even different tips (eg silicone, foam). Is this the first over ear IEM u are using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back