Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 24, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #49,516 of 63,796
Paragraph A will fit Moondrop Kanas/KXXS/Starfield, right? Planning on using the Starfield stock cable with my ZS7 and my current ZS7 upgrade cable with the Starfield.

A and B will do, with para A will be more flexible, but para B will be early curl to your upper ear, its just matter of comfort. and about 0.75 and 0.78mm you dont have to worry , like others said differences is very minimal, i doubt even the connector they build is very precision to that size. its KZ not Mercedes. I've been switching cable both 0.75 and 0.78 and didnt experience any loose issue to date

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #49,517 of 63,796
Just sharing
B1DFDFDB-A79B-4FCD-AB4D-FDA5CC5B3474.jpeg

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #49,518 of 63,796
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #49,520 of 63,796
Feb 27, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #49,521 of 63,796
I also wonder what they can give us after "almost perfect budget" ZSX after so many little improvements over tons of products. Seriously i found nothing wrong in ZSX. They finally have good timbre, balanced signature, no peaks on high mids, no mid bass bleed, wide soundstage and great separation. maybe they just need "Refinement" to make new their IEM sounded more mature, smoother. I guess they really did great job on making and tuning the ZSX, the rest is just limitation of the driver themselves. As per KZ TWS i wont jump so soon since TWS world is still evolving and competition is very tight, like we got new TWS model (from lot of brands, including new brands that suddenly appear out of water) every 2 weeks, thats crazy. I'm waiting a great TWS that sounded maybe like ZSX or BL-03 level at least.

Feb 27, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #49,522 of 63,796
I also wonder what they can give us after "almost perfect budget" ZSX after so many little improvements over tons of products. Seriously i found nothing wrong in ZSX. They finally have good timbre, balanced signature, no peaks on high mids, no mid bass bleed, wide soundstage and great separation. maybe they just need "Refinement" to make new their IEM sounded more mature, smoother. I guess they really did great job on making and tuning the ZSX, the rest is just limitation of the driver themselves. As per KZ TWS i wont jump so soon since TWS world is still evolving and competition is very tight, like we got new TWS model (from lot of brands, including new brands that suddenly appear out of water) every 2 weeks, thats crazy. I'm waiting a great TWS that sounded maybe like ZSX or BL-03 level at least.
Alternate tunings and/or driver configs? More Pro versions of stuff? :p I'd kinda' like a multi-BA IEM to play around with but all KZ's stuff is the big semi-circle format and I've not had a chance to see how well that would fit (plus they're mostly BA spam with higher price tags)...

(Pre-emptive edit - Yes I know other brands have multi-BAs. At the moment I'm not itchy enough to jump, just window-shop. :wink: )

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #49,524 of 63,796
Oh that's a new tws, but yeah looks like they are focusing on tws/wireless than wired. Kinda sad because I started my chifi journey with kz

Similar here, first brush was actually this article on Wired (which mentions a now defunct or mis-linked head-fi review of the Mrice 100), then somehow I got the Soundmagic E10 (also being pointed by the seller to all the good stuff being said on head-fi) and then somehow there was talk about the magical KZ ... and it was probably the name that first brushed me the wrong way (it is short, in German, for concentration camp!) ... but eventually I got my first pair and was ... less enthused ... because back then I though good audio means tons of BASS! ... so, I learned over the years to appreciate the nuances ...

Now I have an embarrassing amount of hard-wired, plug-wired and TWS style KZ buds, wayyyy tooo many ... still chasing those bamboo ones though :D

Ordered the last 3 TWS the moment they were announced ... and guess will do so with the S2 ...

Feb 28, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #49,525 of 63,796
Feb 28, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #49,527 of 63,796
I might buy my first TWS with KZ's new S1s. They look pretty promising. Looks sleek as hell too.

if you are willing to wait, S2 is near the corner

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #49,528 of 63,796
This probably isn't the place to do this, but anyone interested in trading their as16 for my zs10 pros? They're in perfect shape, but the as16 just fit my ear much better.

Located in the US if anyone in the US wants to do a trade. If this isn't allowed please delete. Thank you!

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #49,529 of 63,796
Welp. My ZS3 broke, they were only 2 months old. The connection on my right piece keeps losing everytime I moved, I rarely used them (because I love earbuds more lol) and just when I had a perfect fit on my ears.

This is what I really hate about KZ, the QC really sucks but I can't expect that much for a budget model, I might buy a pair again, I just love the bass texture and the balance of every spectrum and it's a beast once you get a good fit in the ear.

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #49,530 of 63,796
Welp. My ZS3 broke, they were only 2 months old. The connection on my right piece keeps losing everytime I moved, I rarely used them (because I love earbuds more lol) and just when I had a perfect fit on my ears.

This is what I really hate about KZ, the QC really sucks but I can't expect that much for a budget model, I might buy a pair again, I just love the bass texture and the balance of every spectrum and it's a beast once you get a good fit in the ear.
Are you sure it's not the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back