Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 20, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #49,486 of 63,803
The AUDIOSENSE T180 (PRO) also have the Knowles driver and they're also below $50.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #49,487 of 63,803
I probably won't jump to the Blon hype. I'm already saving up for FAAEAL Hibiscus and I don't need another poison for my wallet LOL, also the fit would kinda suck for me so that's a pretty instant skip for me. I'll probably just wait for the rumoured new version and see if the shell design changes.

Just so you know: the Faaeals have some inherent issues that are very hard to work around (stabbing mids, driver flex, no treble), and are prone to spontaneous combustion.
0B324A73-41CF-4F11-9613-D836F2BE7EC0.jpeg

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #49,488 of 63,803
Just so you know: the Faaeals have some inherent issues that are very hard to work around (stabbing mids, driver flex, no treble), and are prone to spontaneous combustion.
What, I sure hope they didn't explode in your ear.... Or damaged anything important...

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:37 AM Post #49,489 of 63,803

What, I sure hope they didn't explode in your ear.... Or damaged anything important...

This gives the term "burn in" a new meaning. Now, who here doesn't believe in burning in their IEMs???

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #49,490 of 63,803
Thank you for your concern. No to both, and the only thing that was in danger of being damaged was my hearing if I’d continued using them. :)

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #49,491 of 63,803
WOAH. That is some nasty combustion! Can I get a full story on why did that happen? I might really refrain on buying them (I'd probably just buy the cable instead...)

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #49,492 of 63,803
WOAH. That is some nasty combustion! Can I get a full story on why did that happen? I might really refrain on buying them (I'd probably just buy the cable instead...)
The full story is it wasn't really spontaneous, but it was as a result of burn-in.
This gives the term "burn in" a new meaning. Now, who here doesn't believe in burning in their IEMs???
Sometimes you have to go to extremes to get the sound you want from an earphone! In this case the sound I wanted was silence.

Their cable is indeed excellent but there are better single DD options available than Hibiscuses (Dunu dm-480s, KBear Diamonds and Moondrop Starfields are all better tuned, and well spoken of).

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #49,493 of 63,803
The full story is it wasn't really spontaneous, but it was as a result of burn-in.

Sometimes you have to go to extremes to get the sound you want from an earphone! In this case the sound I wanted was silence.

Their cable is indeed excellent but there are better single DD options available than Hibiscuses (Dunu dm-480s, KBear Diamonds and Moondrop Starfields are all better tuned, and well spoken of).
Oh so that's why. I'm not really a firm believer of burn-ins, I won't fully benefit from it either. My ES4 sounded great just by changing the crappy tips with wide bore Tenmaks and literally just lowering the volume.

After seeing various reviews, the freq graph for them is what I'm looking for, at least.

So I think I'll still try it LOL, but I'll post a review, or maybe post in the other IEM thread to fully detail my experience from it. Maybe, even burning them in for the first time and see what dark magic will happen! All in all, it's pretty interesting to observe.

Feb 20, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #49,494 of 63,803
Ok lads,

Basically back since I have new iem urges again, and I've read a 100 pages already as a bit of home work.

Now do i really need another pair of iems ....well no. But do I really want more, just cuz new stuff is out...hell yea :c

So what's the new Chi-fi Ki king of the hill iem atm? Consensus here says ZSX , but reviews I've looked into suggests Blon Bl03

I've had Tin2S, Zs5 V1s, Shure 215s and some bass cannon bose , along with the usual chifi 15 odd pairs

For reference, I did quite like the Swings ie800 or whatever it was , along with zs5 v1 and Tin 2s. Not a fan of darker zs3 back in the day, and had the usual boarsemen and Sonics, zIrcons and more (too many) Kzs. As a side note I didn't try new gen Kzs after zs6

Basically wanna buy the new King of the hill 50$ iem or under, to use as a spare daily driver. Would prefer something a bit more mid centered, but anything is fine. Just wanna get back to Chifi and appreciate some budget kings :)
ZSX is very good but quite large. If you like mid centric you could do worse than the TRN BA5, an all BA design with a well balanced sound. It is also very comfortable.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #49,495 of 63,803
The AUDIOSENSE T180 (PRO) also have the Knowles driver and they're also below $50.

oh right, forgot about that!

Wow dude.. nasty. Yeah Faaeal hibiscus arent so good on reviews, they have great cable though.

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #49,496 of 63,803
oh right, forgot about that!

Wow dude.. nasty. Yeah Faaeal hibiscus arent so good on reviews, they have great cable though.
They're okay-to-decent on most reviews to be fair. But if that has the inherent flaw in some units then I'm glad to be buying this at basically half the price (33 usd on Fengru + potential vouchers vs 69 usd at Linsoul). I prefer a smooth listening with mid-centricity, and the graph shows basically that.

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:33 AM Post #49,497 of 63,803
Don't let this distract us from the fact that my local electronics store tried selling me Airpods as "high fidelity audio pods, with advanced drivers", when i went buying for some cables.

Some say he is still comparing Airpods gen 1 at my local jbHiFi to Audio64 iems.

Feb 20, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #49,498 of 63,803
Thank you for your concern. No to both, and the only thing that was in danger of being damaged was my hearing if I’d continued using them. :)
You got refunded right? Because something like that is more than just a qc problem.

Edit: And it is also unacceptable, it's not like it has a battery in it so something like the Samsung galaxy note 7 shouldn't be possible to happen.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #49,499 of 63,803

Some people prefer their sound signature warm.

Feb 20, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #49,500 of 63,803
So far, I'm thinking between ZSX and Blon BL03.

I bought both. I personally prefer the ZSX.

I listen to mostly hip-hop and pop music (and other electronic styles of music), so I guess the better technicalities of the ZSX are more suited for that. If you listen to more acoustic music, then Blon might suit better.

I kind of regret not buying the V90 instead of the Blon, as I think that would suit me better. But I do still like the Blons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back