Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 25, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #49,381 of 63,671
After some weeks enjoying my T4, Shuoer Tape and TRN BA5, I dug out my ZSX today and fitted a balanced copper cable. Fed through my Xduoo X20, they sound very good indeed. Timbre definitely improved with the cable, I'm using the supplied non-Starline tips which give a very comfortable fit and seal. I think I'll run with these for a while.

Can't agree more, few months after, i still feel the ZSX is the best KZ to date. Can't wait how they will improve on next IEM

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #49,382 of 63,671
Can't agree more, few months after, i still feel the ZSX is the best KZ to date. Can't wait how they will improve on next IEM
Yes, that should be interesting. Been a while since KZ/CCA had a new product. C18 still not made an appearance!

Jan 28, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #49,385 of 63,671
Hey! KZ is dead? It's time to look for something else?
I highly doubt they're completely out, especially since they released TWS stuff fairly recently. If the "Terminator" association with the ZSX means what some of us are thinking, the next products KZ will release probably won't be some hybrid with a lot of BAs.

Maybe.

Jan 28, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #49,386 of 63,671
If KZ is dead, it's time for...
Knowledge Zenith: Resurrection!

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #49,388 of 63,671
It is pretty anemic in the low frequencies.... that is until you finally ditch the stock cable for a nice quality one. An 8-core copper cable drastically brings out the ****'s deep rumbly sub-bass.
Hi, I have been using the **** for over a month and find the bass to be a bit recessed. Is there any specific cable (trn/kz/others) that is regarded good, also does 16 core means better?
Also I am struggling to get a comfortable fit with the provided tips but cant afford comply, anything worth trying from AliExpress?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #49,389 of 63,671
Hi, I have been using the **** for over a month and find the bass to be a bit recessed. Is there any specific cable (trn/kz/others) that is regarded good, also does 16 core means better?
Also I am struggling to get a comfortable fit with the provided tips but cant afford comply, anything worth trying from AliExpress?

Thanks

The **** has actually very good subbass quantity and extension, so I would check if your eartips are getting a good fit before going to cables as the changes are more subtle with cable change than eartip change. A loss of bass is usually down to poor seal/fit of eartip.
The stock eartips on **** isn't the best (especially the red stock flange ones). I'm getting a very good fit with KZ starlines on the ****, but YMMV as we all have different ear anatomies.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #49,390 of 63,671
The **** has actually very good subbass quantity and extension, so I would check if your eartips are getting a good fit before going to cables as the changes are more subtle with cable change than eartip change. A loss of bass is usually down to poor seal/fit of eartip.
The stock eartips on **** isn't the best (especially the red stock flange ones). I'm getting a very good fit with KZ starlines on the ****, but YMMV as we all have different ear anatomies.
Yes, I suspect the tips are not fitting correctly. I get excellent results on the **** and **** Pro using Spiral Dots.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #49,391 of 63,671

Thanks

No, it doesn't matter what cable you use. All of them are good as long as it's not the original one, which sucks and limits the sound quality.

And the same thing applies to the tips. Any eartips are better than the stock ones. Just use whatever extra tips you have from other IEMs. I find that the regular shaped ones (NOT Sony hybrids or KZ starlines) sound the best with the ****.

Jan 30, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #49,392 of 63,671
I had unsubscribed from this website for ~9 months? The KZ ZS10 was my favorite with proper tips in my own ear, even better than ZS10 Pro, but the Blon BL-03 was the very first earphones out of hundreds I've preferred to use with foam tips to top the KZs. So anything new price competitive?

I still prefer the ZS10 for riding on a motorcycle. That's new, as I didn't ride motorcycles 9 months ago.

Jan 31, 2020 at 12:36 AM Post #49,393 of 63,671
I had unsubscribed from this website for ~9 months? The KZ ZS10 was my favorite with proper tips in my own ear, even better than ZS10 Pro, but the Blon BL-03 was the very first earphones out of hundreds I've preferred to use with foam tips to top the KZs. So anything new price competitive?

I still prefer the ZS10 for riding on a motorcycle. That's new, as I didn't ride motorcycles 9 months ago.

URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 , **** Pro, TRN ST1 (at reduced price of 10 USD extremely competitive), Jadeaudio EA3, TRN BA5, TRN V90, CCA C12, CCA C10, Nicehck DB3

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #49,394 of 63,671
URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 , **** Pro, TRN ST1 (at reduced price of 10 USD extremely competitive), Jadeaudio EA3, TRN BA5, TRN V90, CCA C12, CCA C10, Nicehck DB3

I already had the CCA C10 good but not better than ZS10 or ZS10 Pro for me. I also have the **** which I love for its flat response, but isn't great for details, but hadn't heard of a **** Pro yet. Heard of the TRN V90 as not as good as the Blon BL-03, but haven't heard of the others. Thanks!

Jan 31, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #49,395 of 63,671
I already had the CCA C10 good but not better than ZS10 or ZS10 Pro for me. I also have the **** which I love for its flat response, but isn't great for details, but hadn't heard of a **** Pro yet. Heard of the TRN V90 as not as good as the Blon BL-03, but haven't heard of the others. Thanks!

add the qkv vk4 to the mix, had them forgotten :cold_sweat:

that's the trio infernale: TRN ST1, KZ ZSN Pro, QKZ VK4 - regular earphones from the supermarket and the default electronic store don't have a chance with cheap upgrade cables :L3000:

(edit: ZSN Pro, there doesn't appear to be a ZST Pro)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back