Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 21, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #49,366 of 63,834
In ChiFi things get Old Skool fast. Found these again. Long time not listened to.

They actually still sounds very good... ZS5 V1.

IMG_20200121_212455.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #49,367 of 63,834
In ChiFi things get Old Skool fast. Found these again. Long time not listen to.

Still have my two pairs, one in the big, fancy box. I'm actually thinking of selling the extra pair, as I don't really feel I need a backup anymore.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #49,368 of 63,834
The KZ ZS10 (regular) shell is super huge and not ergonomic for average sized ears. I found that a longer nozzle eartip eg spinfits elevates the shell away from the ears and hence reduces discomfort for longer usage.
But there's definitely better KZs and even better CHIFI that came out recently that have better fit and sound than the ZS10 (regular), and some may be even cheaper to boot, so do explore around if u want something better than it.

Yup i agree about that.. I'm okay with ZS10's sound signature, but sadly the fatigue is too annoying:triportsad: I already explore about it and still deciding about these two: ZSX or C12. what's your opinion about these IEMs? Btw I just have my phone to drive it

Similar sound signature with better fit and (not that you asked for it) better timbre, I think the NiceHCK DB3 might be up your street. Bright highs and deep lows. Slightly V shaped but not to the point where the lack of mids annoys me too much. It's also much cheaper. At a similar price to the ZS10PRO, the ZSX and C12 and the TRN V90 are all pretty appealing. I'd not advise the Blon BL03 without amplification though, or the Tin T2 for that matter. The Blon can sound a bit flabby with a smartphone and the Tin just doesn't have enough bass.

I look up about the NiceHCK DB3 review and from what I read, the sound definitely fit me, And most of the review said it's good too! But I already have the ZSTpro and ZSNpro at that price range. Maybe I'll get that later. Thanks for your suggestion tho!
Yup, I'm still deciding what to buy, ZSX or C12. What's your opinion about these two?

KB100 are good for music that needs nice bass.
But also it has a few BA's for vocals and symbols and it sounds very nice.
Also if i recall they were close to 46-48$. A little more then the ZS10 but not too much.
My ZS10 pros were about 31$ So its not that much more and the sound is substantially better in my opinion.
Look at the reviews for the BQEYZ KB100... Even better, the KZ ZSX were only 38$ I think, and they rock !!!
Also the CCA C10 were only 33$ and those are also good for hip hop check all those out.
You cant go wrong.:)
Enjoy your music!!!

Already look at the KB100 reviews! Most reviewer said it's good, and the slight warm definitely fit me. But sadly i can't afford that at the moment:triportsad: thanks for your suggestion!
Yeah! Already look at the review about ZSX, but still deciding what to get, the ZSX or C12. Both of them's so hype here.
From what i read the C10 sound like the ZS10 but more better, but there's C12 so maybe I'll skip the C10.
Thank you!!!

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #49,369 of 63,834
@Sainev I've only got the C12. It's very similar to the ZSX (CCA and KZ are the same company). It's leagues ahead of the ZS10.

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #49,370 of 63,834
Yup i agree about that.. I'm okay with ZS10's sound signature, but sadly the fatigue is too annoying:triportsad: I already explore about it and still deciding about these two: ZSX or C12. what's your opinion about these IEMs? Btw I just have my phone to drive it

I look up about the NiceHCK DB3 review and from what I read, the sound definitely fit me, And most of the review said it's good too! But I already have the ZSTpro and ZSNpro at that price range. Maybe I'll get that later. Thanks for your suggestion tho!
Yup, I'm still deciding what to buy, ZSX or C12. What's your opinion about these two?

Already look at the KB100 reviews! Most reviewer said it's good, and the slight warm definitely fit me. But sadly i can't afford that at the moment:triportsad: thanks for your suggestion!
Yeah! Already look at the review about ZSX, but still deciding what to get, the ZSX or C12. Both of them's so hype here.
From what i read the C10 sound like the ZS10 but more better, but there's C12 so maybe I'll skip the C10.
Thank you!!!

C10 is nicer in sound (gentle but detailed) and fit (much smaller & easier) than ZS10 (old model), in my opinion.
C10 offers one of the best values for the money together with more expensive (and more advanced C12 and ZSX), I feel.

I love C12! I just got ZSX today and is burning it now; will share photos and impressions.
My humble suggestion is to consider getting C10 for about $23 first, listening to it and deciding where to go further among many great options :)

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #49,371 of 63,834
Got my ZSX today.
15796519835154163708856489170058.jpg

I am very happy that I did (I got C12 first and was not sure about getting a quite similar IEM). I love the shape and design, and quality of implementation!
Fitted a suitably colour/sound-coordinated cable (blue-green-silver to cyan-grey:)), burning and will compare to C12 and my other IEMs with all the combination of cables:)
15796523360192657815411086012673.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #49,372 of 63,834
Got my ZSX today.

I am very happy that I did (I got C12 first and was not sure about getting a quite similar IEM). I love the shape and design, and quality of implementation!
Fitted a suitably colour/sound-coordinated cable (blue-green-silver to cyan-grey:)), burning and will compare to C12 and my other IEMs with all the combination of cables:)

on your first pic they looked like have matte black cover plate, i thought they come out with new variants LOL. Nice ZSX hold great value for me, they are quite balance and not too shouty, smoother with overall good timbre, excellent technicalities for the price. Definitely best KZ to date for me. Like to hear your impressions about them

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #49,373 of 63,834
In ChiFi things get Old Skool fast. Found these again. Long time not listened to.

They are, in my opinion, the best sounding KZ I know of, providing they are connected to a powerful source or amp.
I don't have the very last models following the ZSN, but I doubt they can sound much better than the ZS5v1.

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #49,374 of 63,834
They are, in my opinion, the best sounding KZ I know of, providing they are connected to a powerful source or amp.
I don't have the very last models following the ZSN, but I doubt they can sound much better than the ZS5v1.

I love my ZS5v1 and my ZSNs. I have not been tempted to buy any of the later KZs. I have ,however gone backwards to track down an ED7...love it.

Jan 22, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #49,376 of 63,834

I find the ZS5 are laid back sounding smooth compared to my next favorite ZSX.More ideal for DSD track for example lots of details compared to ZS5

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #49,377 of 63,834
The regular ED7, or the ED7 Mini?

Regular ED7. Would love to find a mini just to compare but I have no fit issues with the regular...seems like any other barrel shaped iem to me. Sadly mine has a mic. I ordered no mic but it arrived after several weeks of waiting with a mic. I told the seller and they said theirs all had mics.

Looks like they updated the listing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZoonPark®-Headphones-Original-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B01K7B2S6A/ref=sr_1_7

Actually I did need a bit of cushioning so I used Symbios.

R0016358.JPG

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #49,379 of 63,834
Is that speculation or you heard some chatter about that? I check their twitter from time to time, no announcements / teasers since Dec 9 (those S1 S1D TWS)

Unless I’m confused, I remember someone KZ posting an official teaser photos of it. If I remember correctly, it was well over a year ago (possibly longer)

I’m pretty sure if you search around the threads you’ll see the photo. I don’t have them readily at my disposal at the moment. If someone knows the photo I’m referring to and can post the photo or a link, I’d appreciate it.

Edit: I haven’t found a photo yet, it here’s a post from @1clearhead where he got the C18 info directly from CCA themselves:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cca-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.900149/page-88#post-15212815

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/kno...essions-thread.698148/page-3046#post-15056179

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #49,380 of 63,834
After some weeks enjoying my T4, Shuoer Tape and TRN BA5, I dug out my ZSX today and fitted a balanced copper cable. Fed through my Xduoo X20, they sound very good indeed. Timbre definitely improved with the cable, I'm using the supplied non-Starline tips which give a very comfortable fit and seal. I think I'll run with these for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back