Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 29, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #49,201 of 63,834
I know many have talked about the connection issue, for now I haven't had any issues with it. However if I was to grab it with my fingers while it is in my ear the audio does cut out.

To have good connection with smartphone. You need to have S730/S845/S855 which have true wireless stereo plus Qualcomm feature. The both are connected to the smartphone.

With the classic master/slave the performance are mediocre

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #49,203 of 63,834
Does it exist a KZ

- below $20
- not v shaped
- suitable for sleeping on your side

?

search for "sleep" in this thread

Does it have to be a KZ though ?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1480#post-15386814

the Tennmak Pro are much better and comfortable - they have quite a different sound signature compared to e.g. the BLON BL-03 or other DD IEMs but for sleeping it's alright and actually nice to have not too piercing or overly detailed ones

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #49,204 of 63,834
search for "sleep" in this thread

Does it have to be a KZ though ?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1480#post-15386814

the Tennmak Pro are much better and comfortable - they have quite a different sound signature compared to e.g. the BLON BL-03 or other DD IEMs but for sleeping it's alright and actually nice to have not too piercing or overly detailed ones
I read they are buss heavy and muffled, I'd like a balanced or warm sound.

Dec 29, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #49,205 of 63,834

I get the perception that they are muffled but it's probably something else, my audiophile lingo is limited still so I don't really know what causes that veiled or smeared feeling, they are sufficiently detailed and clear though

and they are warm, it's just that they are different.

Someone more knowledgeable might be able to explain it better.

Also the more recent ones are tuned differently than the older models

Dec 29, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #49,206 of 63,834

I get the perception that they are muffled but it's probably something else, my audiophile lingo is limited still so I don't really know what causes that veiled or smeared feeling, they are sufficiently detailed and clear though

and they are warm, it's just that they are different.

Someone more knowledgeable might be able to explain it better.

Also the more recent ones are tuned differently than the older models
Unless I caught back stock I got a fairly recent Tennmak Pro (ordered it within the last year). I wouldn't describe it as at all muffled, but it does lean a bit bassy and warm. Not at all unpleasantly bassy, I'm no basshead and prefer a relatively neutral sound signature but while it was a touch bassier than I'd prefer for a primary IEM it was *only* a touch and it was quite comfortable. Have not tried sleeping with it though

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #49,207 of 63,834
yes yes I have the V90’s the ZSX’s and the C10’s.
To be honest I find them similar. But not the same. but they are all great for bass / EDM.
I would say the ZSX and the C10’s are more similar to each other. The V90’s are slightly different.
But just as good. Those 3 are running neck and neck for my personal top 3.
One thing I noticed. They can all sound very similar to each other. But . . .
The V90’s require almost no EQ whatsoever. Maybe just a tiny bit. Maybe 1-2 DB bass boost. And a 1-2 DB treble boost.
But that’s at MOST. Usually I listen to them with no EQ at all. Flat they sound very nice.
If you like to EQ I would give the edge to the C10’s. But just a slight edge.
If you don’t like to EQ. V90’s all the way dude. Either way you can’t go wrong with these 3 choices.
Enjoy :)
You add more bass to the V90?!?

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #49,208 of 63,834
You add more bass to the V90?!?

Yeah, either i listen to it completely flat or with a slight bass bump of 1-2 db and a 1-2 db treble boost.
But 1-2 db is pretty small.
When i first got them... I only listened to them flat.
But maybe after burning them in the sound changed? i don't really know for sure.
Maybe my ears simply got used to the sound. So then i wanted a little bit more bass... lololol

Only the TFZ #3 i NEVER EVER add bass to...
Usually i only add some treble. starting from 2k and up i add 3-4 db roughly.
But the TFZ #3 are MEGA bass cannons in my opinion.
The extra treble is to make them sound more balanced. hahaha

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #49,209 of 63,834
Dec 30, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #49,212 of 63,834

I prefer balanced sound and I wouldn't call Tennmak Pro as muffled or bass heavy. Sure, they're warm and have enough thump but bass doesn't veil mids. Highs are not crisp but they have enough sparkle to balance out overall performance. For ~$15, it's probably great for sleeping thanks to it's comfortable design. And I somewhat agree with @zachmal here

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #49,213 of 63,834
I prefer balanced sound and I wouldn't call Tennmak Pro as muffled or bass heavy. Sure, they're warm and have enough thump but bass doesn't veil mids. Highs are not crisp but they have enough sparkle to balance out overall performance. For ~$15, it's probably great for sleeping thanks to it's comfortable design. And I somewhat agree with @zachmal here

Where for $15?

Dec 30, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #49,214 of 63,834
Where for $15?

On the official AE store. You can get earheads for ~$10 with AE coupons and a decent mmcx cable for $5-7 from nicehck or any other store. And if you don't want to search for a cable just ask Tony from Tennmak to give you a cable he'll plug one in at a nominal price.

Dec 30, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #49,215 of 63,834

Users who are viewing this thread

Back