Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #48,826 of 63,802
I thought of going with a NiceHK C16-3 and some JVC Spiral Dots for CCA C16 but i have no clue what to pick with CCA C12

Which color C12 do you have?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #48,828 of 63,802
KZ ZS4.JPG

this is my current KZ ZS4 eq profile, results in much cleaner sound but can't fully salvage the mids :D

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #48,829 of 63,802
Hello there,
just got a pair of ZSN Pro Black and I was wondering if they would sound different from the Purple ones.
Someone said there were a difference with the previous model (ZSN) Purple and the rest because of the cable, so I'm asking it now.
Thank you!

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #48,830 of 63,802
Hello there,
just got a pair of ZSN Pro Black and I was wondering if they would sound different from the Purple ones.
Someone said there were a difference with the previous model (ZSN) Purple and the rest because of the cable, so I'm asking it now.
Thank you!
Despite what anyone too invested in the hobby here says, you will not hear a difference. Cables and color make zero difference in this application except for durability and aesthetic.

Nov 11, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #48,831 of 63,802
Any good deals today on KZ's?

Finally picked up ZSX for $39 inc tax/shipping with the $5 ali and a KZ store coupon.

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #48,832 of 63,802
Any good deals today on KZ's?

Finally picked up ZSX for $39 inc tax/shipping with the $5 ali and a KZ store coupon.
As someone who kept check a bit (there are also sites that do so), the deals aren't that big unless you are a coupon master.
Got myself a V30+ LG refurbished from ali, a week beforehand as I was impatient and didn't care for a 5% discount...IEMs I bought were in the 5-10% discount and 10 might even be pushing it...Got the C12 and a cable instead of the ZSX...TOUGH CHOICE!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #48,834 of 63,802
Despite what anyone too invested in the hobby here says, you will not hear a difference. Cables and color make zero difference in this application except for durability and aesthetic.
Thank you so much!

Also, I got a pair of KZ ZS10Pro and I was wondering, is it worth mixing them like: Left IEM ZSN Pro - Right ZS10 Pro?
I mean, can you have a more balanced sound doing one thing like this? Because I love the ZSN Pro but sometimes the treble gets me even if the bass is a bit more explosive, while the ZS10 Pro is balanced and can handle the treble and giving a good bass anyway.

Thank you!

Nov 11, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #48,835 of 63,802
Thank you so much!

Also, I got a pair of KZ ZS10Pro and I was wondering, is it worth mixing them like: Left IEM ZSN Pro - Right ZS10 Pro?
I mean, can you have a more balanced sound doing one thing like this? Because I love the ZSN Pro but sometimes the treble gets me even if the bass is a bit more explosive, while the ZS10 Pro is balanced and can handle the treble and giving a good bass anyway.

Thank you!

As long as the Police is not around and nobody can see you, you're free to experiment as you wish, just don't get caught.

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #48,837 of 63,802
Thank you so much!

Thank you!

I think my head would explode!

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #48,838 of 63,802
Thank you so much!

Thank you!

Im afraid it doesn't work like that. Putting two different IEMs like that, and you would shift the stereo balance (noticably the bass and any other centered information of the mix). You could try for the fun of it though.

It would be better to just use EQ to shape your IEM's sound more to your liking

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #48,839 of 63,802
Im afraid it doesn't work like that. Putting two different IEMs like that, and you would shift the stereo balance (noticably the bass and any other centered information of the mix). You could try for the fun of it though.

It would be better to just use EQ to shape your IEM's sound more to your liking

One side might be a lot quieter due to different sensitivity.

Timbre could get weird.

I would probably get dizzy.

Nov 11, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #48,840 of 63,802
One side might be a lot quieter due to different sensitivity.

Timbre could get weird.

I would probably get dizzy.

yup, I'm also easily bothered by channel imbalances, and that situation would make me constantly adjusting the IEM's position to have centered soundstage... which in turn would be impossible because of the different drivers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back