Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 27, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #47,131 of 63,671
Zsn old version or the Pro?

I got both
Bass texture : pro
Bass quantity : old
Soundstage : pro
Mids : pro (more forwarded and safe from upper mod 3 khz peak)

For your criteria, if you want to go with zsn, the pro one will suits you better IMHO

Aug 27, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #47,132 of 63,671
Well you seem to be on the right path, I'm sure you'll find your endgame eventually.

Only let down in my journey was **** (horrible) and somewhat the ZS10 pro which I think is overrated, but happy to have it for **** conditions to not risk another one, it's "ok, C-" in my book.

Hah, that's pretty funny. I have been close to pulling the trigger on the ****, because it is cheap right now. But I don't really need one. I figure if I already have better IEMs, then it's a waste of money/time (unless I like its signature).

(I've also been contemplating the BL-03).

But I think the takeaway from all this is that I should become familiar with different sound signatures from different IEM types. You've mentioned the Kanas / Moondrop a number of times, and that it is tuned to a Harman Curve.

So I'll have to keep an eye out for Kanas, maybe the next sale as I have blown my budget I think...

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #47,134 of 63,671
What is your source to handle their ultralow impedance?

ES100 handles it no problemo. Zero hiss whatsoever. It sounds stellar with the ES100.

Best 2 purchases of 2019 (ES100 and T800). In fact, I’d say it’s my best 2 purchases of the last 5 years.

The T800 is the real deal. And I’m not just saying that because certain popular YouTubers rank the T800 highly. I already had my T800 weeks before it was ever mentioned by the YouTuber. I knew it was gonna be good, because I’ve been building my own IEMs using the same or similar Knowles drivers. So I basically knew what to expect.

I also sent some feature ideas to Radsone that they could use for a successor to the ES100. Hopefully they’ll use my ideas and cook up something really special for down the road :)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #47,135 of 63,671
ES100 handles it no problemo. Zero hiss whatsoever. It sounds stellar with the ES100.

Best 2 purchases of 2019 (ES100 and T800). In fact, I’d say it’s my best 2 purchases of the last 5 years.

The T800 is the real deal. And I’m not just saying that because certain popular YouTubers rank the T800 highly. I already had my T800 weeks before it was ever mentioned by the YouTuber. I knew it was gonna be good, because I’ve been building my own IEMs using the same or similar Knowles drivers. So I basically knew what to expect.

I also sent some feature ideas to Radsone that they could use for a successor to the ES100. Hopefully they’ll use my ideas and cook up something really special for down the road :)

Great story, thank you!
(I do not watch youtubers - life is too short for this)

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #47,136 of 63,671
Great story, thank you!
(I do not watch youtubers - life is too short for this)

I only mentioned because I don’t want to sound like I was simply jumping on a FOTM hype train, or blindly following someone’s “best of” list. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but that’s just not how I roll. The T800 deserves every bit of it’s accolades (for those that are looking for that kind of sound signature).

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #47,137 of 63,671

Your comments about the ES100 are moving me to that device. I'm looking to free up my smartphone from an attached dac/amp, but still have higher output from balanced and limited battery power drain from my smartphone. I was looking at the E1DA that's being recd on the Discovery thread (and while it really looks like a giant killer in terms of power, specs and resolution) I don't like how much power this will draw on my smartphone's battery, and the fact that I will still have to buy a decent sized power bank to keep my phone charged, while using the E1DA. Altogether, the E1DA system seems more complex than my Q1MK2 hooked up to my smartphone via a short OTG USB-C to USB mini connection cable, and a few strips of 3M Dual Lock to attach the dac/amp to my smartphone. I'm starting to think that the Earsonics ES100 is a better option now. My goal is to reduce the weight and complexity of my current setup, and allow me more functionality with my smartphone, while still retaining high SQ. I'm gonna pull the plug on the ES100 tomorrow. It's $129 on Amazon.ca and includes fast 2 day shipping, cause I'm a Prime member. Thanks, @Slater! Looking forward to getting this device.

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #47,138 of 63,671
Your comments about the ES100 are moving me to that device. I'm looking to free up my smartphone from an attached dac/amp, but still have higher output from balanced and limited battery power drain from my smartphone. I was looking at the E1DA that's being recd on the Discovery thread (and while it really looks like a giant killer in terms of power, specs and resolution) I don't like how much power this will draw on my smartphone's battery, and the fact that I will still have to buy a decent sized power bank to keep my phone charged, while using the E1DA. Altogether, the E1DA system seems more complex than my Q1MK2 hooked up to my smartphone via a short OTG USB-C to USB mini connection cable, and a few strips of 3M Dual Lock to attach the dac/amp to my smartphone. I'm starting to think that the Earsonics ES100 is a better option now. My goal is to reduce the weight and complexity of my current setup, and allow me more functionality with my smartphone, while still retaining high SQ. I'm gonna pull the plug on the ES100 tomorrow. It's $129 on Amazon.ca and includes fast 2 day shipping, cause I'm a Prime member. Thanks, @Slater! Looking forward to getting this device.
The ES100 completed my goal, for a portable solution. There's a lot to like about the feature set; one that doesn't get much mention is the ability to store up to four EQ presets. It's like Radsone knows you have more than one set of IEMs :ksc75smile:

I don't know if it's an option on Amazon.ca, but I opted for the 3 yr warranty for $11 USD. I know that the unit is going to get dinged, with daily pocket carry.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #47,139 of 63,671
The ES100 completed my goal, for a portable solution. There's a lot to like about the feature set; one that doesn't get much mention is the ability to store up to four EQ presets. It's like Radsone knows you have more than one set of IEMs :ksc75smile:

I don't know if it's an option on Amazon.ca, but I opted for the 3 yr warranty for $11 USD. I know that the unit is going to get dinged, with daily pocket carry.
That extra warranty might be worth it. If it's offered on Amazon.ca, I'll probably add it. Thanks for the info and heads up!

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #47,140 of 63,671

I bought mine when it was on sale for $74.99usd, but it’s easily worth double that. It goes on flash sales and coupon sales a number of times a year. It’s at $80 a lot, but it’s been at $74.99 a few times.

Honesty, since I’ve gotten the ES100 I am using my DAP and FiiO amps less and less. I was planning on replacing my aging xduoo X3 with an ibasso DX120, but since I got the ES100 I am seriously reconsidering that move.

Like you said, it’s a lot of bulk and hassle to lug all that stuff around when all you want to do is listen to some tunes in the park or while walking the dog or whatnot.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #47,141 of 63,671
I bought mine when it was on sale for $74.99usd, but it’s easily worth double that. It goes on flash sales and coupon sales a number of times a year. It’s at $80 a lot, but it’s been at $74.99 a few times.

Honesty, since I’ve gotten the ES100 I am using my DAP and FiiO amps less and less. I was planning on replacing my aging xduoo X3 with an ibasso DX120, but since I got the ES100 I am seriously reconsidering that move.

Like you said, it’s a lot of bulk and hassle to lug all that stuff around when all you want to do is listen to some tunes in the park or while walking the dog or whatnot.
Yeah, from all the posts and reviews I've seen, this unit might just be what I'm looking for. Wireless connection with 24 bit capability makes this very attractive. I could still take photos, while enjoying high rez music, from my smartphone. With my Q1MK2 attached, it covers my rear camera on my phone, so I can't take pictures while enjoying my music. Also love the fact that the ES100 has 2.5mm balanced output. That's HUGE for me. From everything I've read, the app also allows for many EQ options...which I like alot. I don't shy away from EQ...in fact, I endorse it! As long as it's applied well, I love having the ability to tune in the sound. Can't wait to get this thing!

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #47,142 of 63,671
What’s wrong with this picture?

0D0787F0-2162-49EB-B36A-19BCA80DDEA1.jpeg

B8CC0A8B-B9C5-444C-A8D7-F9E33DD4A28D.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #47,143 of 63,671
What’s wrong with this picture?

That was me, a few months ago! LOL! Hopefully others can figure out the over ear thing, like I did. I don't find this looping the wire over my ears at all natural, but it does work, once you get the hang of it. I like this method provides me with a much better fit compared to a straight hang down method.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #47,144 of 63,671
That was me, a few months ago! LOL! Hopefully others can figure out the over ear thing, like I did. I don't find this looping the wire over my ears at all natural, but it does work, once you get the hang of it. I like this method provides me with a much better fit compared to a straight hang down method.

I had to fit them in front of a mirror for a long time.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #47,145 of 63,671

No way! Small world! Someone saw it on Reddit, and I had to share. I heard that someone in the Reddit comments was nice enough to get you all squared away.

I applaud anyone who is willing to upgrade from Apple and Skullcandy earphone hell to the land of better sound. Even if there is a learning curve at first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back