Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #46,921 of 63,671
maybe, instead of listening to random impressions, you stick with trusted reviewers like b9scrambler, crabbos, antdroid, berkhan, crinacle, etc. Or better yet, get your baseline and compare with which reviewer matches your listening, then wait for their review.

its amazing how people just listen to random people saying "these thing are great! its better than my TOTL IEMs!", and then suddenly surprised that turns out to be not the case.
I'm tired of people who say the EDR1 is more pleasing to listen to for them then the ZS7, etc. My Benjie S5 earbuds I got for free sound better than that "crap" iem.

Aug 21, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #46,922 of 63,671
I love how one of the narrative was that "KZ JUST CRAM A BUNCH OF BA IN A SHELL AND PRAY" when most stuff are tuned a certain way. Timbre/tonality, that's more to the capability of the transducers used, I'm actually more excited about ZSX because I want to see how the new mid-high drivers are (the DWEK BA model).

Well, if you're not willing to get a DAP, there's the new E1DA ES9038S and PowerDacV2 USB-C DAC, really good measurements in review. Some sound engineering went into them.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ents-of-e1da-9038s-bal-portable-dac-amp.8424/

That’s another alternative for sure and my attitude is when KZ builds a new multi driver iem and uses new types of drivers its worth trying for me if it’s less than $50.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #46,923 of 63,671
Lol u guys complaining about buying KZ iems. Go back 5-8 years ago, you will be lucky to find iem that sound like what KZ offering right now with the same price. Before, you either have to go custom/universal custom to get to multi drivers iem and most under $200 was single driver or 2 drivers at most. If you are regretting getting all those KZs then my suggestion is to save that freaking money and just get the TOTL like campfire audio, 1964 audio, jh audio, etc and be done with it. For me, if I buy those $1000+ iem, I am too afraid to use them. Some people may even got ocd and wipe them off every minute or so lol (joke). And sadly, no perfect iem out there even with $1000+ price tag.

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #46,924 of 63,671
maybe, instead of listening to random impressions, you stick with trusted reviewers like b9scrambler, crabbos, antdroid, berkhan, crinacle, etc. Or better yet, get your baseline and compare with which reviewer matches your listening, then wait for their review.

its amazing how people just listen to random people saying "these thing are great! its better than my TOTL IEMs!", and then suddenly surprised that turns out to be not the case.

be a better judge of character or at least accept that getting burned on purchase based on random impression as lesson fees (to not trust said impressions ever again).

judging by the general attitude around here, things have really gone to ****.

I dont think things gone to s***, KZ still as good as ever, I would even dare to say they are better than ever.

I think the issue here is that, at a point KZ got A LOT of followers and now, some years later, 2 things happened:

- Competition got better
- We have too many, too similar, Pokemons

People are just looking at the Digimons!

Lol u guys complaining about buying KZ iems. Go back 5-8 years ago, you will be lucky to find iem that sound like what KZ offering right now with the same price. Before, you either have to go custom/universal custom to get to multi drivers iem and most under $200 was single driver or 2 drivers at most. If you are regretting getting all those KZs then my suggestion is to save that freaking money and just get the TOTL like campfire audio, 1964 audio, jh audio, etc and be done with it. For me, if I buy those $1000+ iem, I am too afraid to use them. Some people may even got ocd and wipe them off every minute or so lol (joke). And sadly, no perfect iem out there even with $1000+ price tag.

Thats a very good point and maybe the most important point.

KZ basically made this market, other IEMs manufacturers had to compete either with prices or improving quality (or, you know, cramming more drivers).

For my part I love KZ but dont trust their high end yet... But they are king on the sub $50 hybrid market.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #46,925 of 63,671

be a better judge of character or at least accept that getting burned on purchase based on random impression as lesson fees (to not trust said impressions ever again).

judging by the general attitude around here, things have really gone to ****.

That was mostly a Joke... Normally when I read the 1st impression they are already on their way.

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #46,927 of 63,671
Who else thinks the ZSN Purple is better than the CCA C10?

It's musical, emotional feeling, natural sounding and sounds true to what the musician actually wants their music to sound like without having the sound screwed around with like other iems tend to do. It has to be one of the Top 5 KZ's.

How does the ZSN Pro stand up to the Purple?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #46,928 of 63,671
when I said things have gone to S***, I didn't mean KZ:wink:

Oh, you mean here?
Well, I just start actually using in read/write mode recently... so maybe that was my fault.

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #46,929 of 63,671
Got my new cable for the ZS10 Pro and a nice case I picked up off of Aliexpress that finally came in today! Im happy with it. Much less tangles with using this cable and case. Chi-fi never looked Fi-ner (please excuse my cheesiness) XD
LRM_EXPORT_32771547880153_20190821_221008664.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #46,930 of 63,671
Oh, you mean here?
Well, I just start actually using in read/write mode recently... so maybe that was my fault.

nah, its been like this for quite a while, which is why at this point reviews from trusted members will be more reliable than random impressions.

budget IEMs will have more buyers, with lofty expectations of what budget IEMs can provide. can't be helped. People will be people.

Got my new cable for the ZS10 Pro and a nice case I picked up off of Aliexpress that finally came in today! Im happy with it. Much less tangles with using this cable and case. Chi-fi never looked Fi-ner (please excuse my cheesiness) XD

is that the KZ upgrade cable? or the qdc one from JCAlly?

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #46,931 of 63,671

Ack. Im having a real tough time posting pics. Some times it just doesn't seem to wanna work for me :frowning2:

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #46,932 of 63,671

Very nice, do u have a link for the cable?

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #46,933 of 63,671
I'm tired of people who say the EDR1 is more pleasing to listen to for them then the ZS7, etc. My Benjie S5 earbuds I got for free sound better than that "crap" iem.

Those earbuds are really pretty good, surprisingly.

You seem to be a very reasonable person. I think there are both quite a few people who are too quick to verse into snobism (anything less than 400$ won't do for jogging, oh look a KZ, disgusting) and a lot of uncalled for shilling (ZS10 pro is a Giant Killer!!!! Never heard TOTL iems but I'm 100% sure KZ is better!!! EVeRyoNe BuY BuY BuY!!!!!)

I'm happy to have the ZS10 pro to exercise or walk in the rain. Amazingly comfortable and snug fit, lightweight, and well they look great, can't deny. Decent sound with some EQ in noisy conditions which are really not calling for super audiophile setup anyway, little benefit. No snobism needed.

I can leave what I consider my better gear at home thanks to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back