Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 21, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #46,876 of 63,834
A bit offtopic as its a TRN comment, but Im not holding my breath on the v90 neither...

For 2 reasons:

1 - They alternate on launching a good looking IEM and a ugly one...

V10 - Awesome looks (wish it sounded as good)
V20 - Is that a cheapo space heater?
V30 - Errr... nice As10 clone, I guess
V60 - Thats weird bro... Disjointed and uninspired
V80 - Awesome look
V90 - Meh

2 - The TRN 2019 line sounds worse than their 2018 line...
IM1 and v80 (2018) are among my favourite IEMs...
IM2 and x6 aare a big letdown, and not a cheap one in the x6.

So I expect this one to have a bassless uninspired signature if they keep up with their awful 2019 trend and it looks line the v20 Space heater had a baby wioth the v60 disjointed shape.

Thats it, TRN needs to get their s*** together.

For TRN X6, I have some friends who love it for stage monitoring but they agree the sound is a let down for general music listening.

As for the looks part, I go for sound quality over looks. As long as the headphone/IEM doesn't look like one of these stuff that prohibits me from walking down the street:

Clock IEM.jpg
Earcup noodle Headphones.jpg
grave headphone.jpg

The Toneking ninetails is one of my favourite IEMs soundwise but looks weird lol.
KZ terminator looks baddass though, and I hope the sound will be as kickass as the looks.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #46,877 of 63,834
For TRN X6, I have some friends who love it for stage monitoring but they agree the sound is a let down for general music listening.

As for the looks part, I go for sound quality over looks. As long as the headphone/IEM doesn't look like one of these stuff that prohibits me from walking down the street:

The Toneking ninetail is one of my favourite IEMs soundwise but looks weird lol.
KZ terminator looks baddass though, and I hope the sound be as kickass as the looks.

I use to say the same about looks... but after my 30th IEM I realize I could save some dime passing on the ugly ones and a therapist would still be worried about the amount I buy.
Unless its an awesome sound you cant get on any other for that price, it needs to looks good for me now.

Ps.: Let me know if any friend want a big discounted X6 used for less than 5 minutes.

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #46,878 of 63,834
Aug 21, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #46,879 of 63,834
I like them both.

Oh, I have no idea how the v20 sounds like... I just find it ugly!
I mean... its like sticking one of those to your ears:
oeh-1260-orpat-original-imafbd55c3zqmcu9.jpeg

But liking the x6 does surprise me, for music listening?
Did you went back to it after the "new toy excitement" weared off?

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #46,880 of 63,834
Well, I really really tried. My KZ buds, wouldn't connect, after many hours, trying different things. Ali express want video of problem, but video won't load to their website, only Photos, which, understandingly, they won't accept.I have purchased many items, from many companies, and never had a problem, so after backwards and forwards, texts, form filling etc.,I have a final solution, throw them in the bin.Problem solved!.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #46,881 of 63,834
That's the trend dude. But for me, i just straight away to tell that timbre is off, but not lacking trebles, trebles are way too much for my taste. They have great technicalities, great value, but compared to higher tier IEMS they sound harsher. They're getting better but not quite smooth as BQEYZ yet, or tinhifi's

this is true, my comments about ZS10 PRO is mimic yours. I have T2, they are on bright side because lacking bass for my taste but trebles are not aggresive and rough. Tonality is good on T2.

If Kanas Pro is your first above $100 iems, you'll be surprised and regret. Regret that you've spend too much on budget level iems that buy more sidegrade rather than significant upgrade. And KP will make you realize and starting point to listen on another level IEM. But instead i also recommend KXXS, its a slight refinement of KP with thicker mids and a slight touch of mid bass to complete overall signature. ( I don't have KXXS because I already own KP but you check there is a lot of comparison on the moondrop thread)

Anyway, looking forward to KZX impressions and reviews
Agreed with the above 100 usd iems. I checked out TFZ no.3 and Audiosense T800 and i am starting to regret buying so many KZs that are not really huge upgrades.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #46,882 of 63,834
Well, I really really tried. My KZ buds, wouldn't connect, after many hours, trying different things. Ali express want video of problem, but video won't load to their website, only Photos, which, understandingly, they won't accept.I have purchased many items, from many companies, and never had a problem, so after backwards and forwards, texts, form filling etc.,I have a final solution, throw them in the bin.Problem solved!.

Post the video on youtube and send the link.

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #46,883 of 63,834
Oh, I have no idea how the v20 sounds like... I just find it ugly!
I mean... its like sticking one of those to your ears:
oeh-1260-orpat-original-imafbd55c3zqmcu9.jpeg

V20 actually looked quite nice in real life, especially the black ones. Lightweight and comfy too. Sold my pair after a while as it wasn't getting much listening time with all the new gear.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #46,885 of 63,834
Is it worth waiting for the ZSX reviews or shall I order the ZS10 Pro?

The ZS10 Pro is generally well regarded by the budget CHIFI community and is a safer buy as of now.

I personally will wait for ZSX reviews. But it might take 2 - 3 weeks for the first reviews to filter out. In general IEMs are more expensive when they first release and over next few months the price usually drops, so if you ain't in a rush, it is safer to wait and maybe the price might drop in the future, especially with 11-11 coming round the corner.

Well you can be a brave guinea pig and be one of the first ZSX owners and let us know your impressions!

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #46,887 of 63,834

Yes... and I treated it to a nice balanced cable. But, if you look at my list you will realize that I cannot possibly give any one thing the time it deserves.

10313915.jpg

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #46,888 of 63,834
The ZS10 Pro is generally well regarded by the budget CHIFI community and is a safer buy as of now.

I personally will wait for ZSX reviews. But it might take 2 - 3 weeks for the first reviews to filter out. In general IEMs are more expensive when they first release and over next few months the price usually drops, so if you ain't in a rush, it is safer to wait and maybe the price might drop in the future, especially with 11-11 coming round the corner.

Well you can be a brave guinea pig and be one of the first ZSX owners and let us know your impressions!

I'll throw in the caveat if the community goes ape $#!T and a major hype train ensues the price usually rises until the next train arrives:rolling_eyes:

@mbwilson111 Sweet cable on that TRN as well:beerchug:

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #46,889 of 63,834

The reason I ask is because the ZS10 Pro is £31.11 from the KZ Official Store and the ZSX is £32.37 from NiceHCK Audio Store.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #46,890 of 63,834
The reason I ask is because the ZS10 Pro is £31.11 from the KZ Official Store and the ZSX is £32.37 from NiceHCK Audio Store.

Be the guinea pig if you can spare the cash:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back