Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #46,051 of 63,803
I definitely agree with this analysis. I found the C10 to be "boring," not in the way that my Tin T2 are, where more detail shines through with lack of a V-shape, but rather just uninvolved.

With the ZS7, which I still do use, I notice a deeper and slightly less crowded soundstage than the ZS10P. However, the bass is less controlled and higher vocals are often uncomfortable in comparison.
Thank you. I think I will stick with the ZS7, and look for something different.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #46,052 of 63,803
Looks like a amazon lightning sale on the ZST in an hour.

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #46,053 of 63,803
Anyone think the T1 TWS are the ZST, but wireless?

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #46,054 of 63,803
Anyone think the T1 TWS are the ZST, but wireless?

Sure looks that way!

Like all other KZ Bluetooth products, I’ll wait for others to try it 1st (as badly as I want to order it). I’ll be very curious once the reports start coming in though.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #46,055 of 63,803
The AS12 isn't sibilant, it has more energy at that range which can turn into the clarity for some. For me it's rather fatiguing, maybe because it's not clear enough.

It’s funny you mention that. I’m listening to the AS10 right now with a few test tracks and there is a significant darkness to the treble. In fact while the overall treble range seems to be represented without anything missing there are many example I find where the AS10 doesn’t convey very important treble information. Listen to the Eminem track Good Guy off the Kamikaze release. At around the 9 second mark Eminem breathes in through his nose between words. The upper range of the breathe sound is missing or low enough where I don’t hear it on the AS10. That’s not an issue with any of my other sets. The defining identity of the AS10 which is a relaxed treble is its fatal flaw now that I hear this. Also listening to the Hiromi Trio Alive album much of the high frequency info that gives drums their attack sound when the stick hits the head is missing. The upper range of the snare drum is missing. The meat of the drum is loud but there’s no accompanying snare buzz. Also the China cymbal should be more forward in the mix and it’s not with the AS10. The upper midbass is also too loud. Anthony Jackson’s bass really sticks out which will lead to fatigue. I’m picturing the curve as I’m listening to music and it looks like a set of stairs with the midbass being the loudest followed by the midrange 3 dbs lower followed by the upper mids through the point of the treble cutoff. The lower midrange through the treble is simply too separated from the remainder of the spectrum. I honestly can’t see myself ever reaching for the AS10 ever again. Why would I when something as cheap as the CCA CA4 doesn’t have this problem?

AS12 exhibits none of these problems. While the AS10 has a relaxed character for a variety of music if there’s a good amount of treble info it’s not the best choice. I can see the AS10 being a good choice for slow paced Classic Rock or Folk music but anything energetic with a good amount of treble energy it’s not on my short list anymore. I’m not trying to say that the AS10 are terrible but if you compare some of the examples I mentioned I’m not sure how you can say the AS12 is inferior to the AS10. My hearing tells me the AS10 is seriously lacking in areas where the AS12 is not.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #46,057 of 63,803
The KZ AS10 needs a bright source. If I use a warm source the sound is very mid-bassy with ultra-recessed treble. Not good at all.

The KZ ZS7 would be better with a more extended treble, it misses a good sparkle, which the ZS10 Pro has. The ZS10 Pro is sublime thanks to the good coherence. I don't feel missing a thing from subbass to high treble.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #46,058 of 63,803
The case does have a Mifo/TFZ vibe design-wise. Especially with the metal hinge.

Also, the chamfer is about the same.
I bought it.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #46,059 of 63,803
Jul 23, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #46,060 of 63,803
Sure looks that way!

Like all other KZ Bluetooth products, I’ll wait for others to try it 1st (as badly as I want to order it). I’ll be very curious once the reports start coming in though.

I couldnt resist and got it... Will let you guys know when it arrives.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #46,061 of 63,803
Its being literally called "public beta version"... What could go wrong?
That said, the "Make it fully optimal" makes me believe they are being designed/manufactured at the same factory as the TFZ/MIFO.

BY the way, there is info about the codecs... SBC/AAC

HTB1.N80bhD1gK0jSZFyq6AiOVXa8.jpg

H9a463118ead94df8a6c22bde40df1913O.jpg

KZ official store's description reads as public beta. I give this a benefit of doubt due to KZ's history of bad translation. Else, it's just a half-baked cookie dished out by KZ.

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #46,062 of 63,803
The shell is probably derived from it but the dd driver is way smaller.

All of these TW earphones use small drivers.

Due to space limitations (is requiring the battery, magnets, circuit board, etc), I think 90% of them use ~6-ish mm micro drivers. Otherwise, everything wouldn’t fit inside the shell.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #46,063 of 63,803
All of these TW earphones use small drivers.

Due to space limitations (is requiring the battery, magnets, circuit board, etc), I think 90% of them use ~6-ish mm micro drivers. Otherwise, everything wouldn’t fit inside the shell.

I know, so we cant expect it to sound like a ZST,
just trying to adjust expectations.

I think I saw some 8mm TWS around but 6mm looks to be the standard.

I hope they can squish some decent bass out of that, would hate to HAVE to buy the KZ T2 just because of its 8mm driver and its twin BA.

That one will be good, but will have killer highs. That would be fixed in the v2 but unfortunately, will let a complete void in the highs around the 4000hz, everyone rushes to buy the unfixed V1 that everyone complained about, not long ago.

The T3 will be good, with its 4 BA drivers and 8.5mm dd but would be too big to actually stay in your ear, it will also have pointy corners that will stab you at each step.

Then the T4 isnt wireless at all, everyone scratches their heads.

3 new brands appear on the market with the T1 and T3 with slightly different outer plate. One of them lacks BA drivers, some find out too late.

They finally launch the GT1 thats what everyone expected the T4 to be, it lose 2 BAs but it fit human ears.

Ps.: Spoiler alert

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #46,064 of 63,803
To everyone ordering the KZ T1 - consider getting the ZSE deal (where you add $2 to the cost of the T1).

The ZSE not a phenomenal earphone, but for $2 it's a steal and makes a great gift.

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #46,065 of 63,803
Amazon lightning deal has ES4 for $14. Worth it? I see mixed perceptions of it either being too harsh or not enough treble (??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back