Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 20, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #45,961 of 63,674
I do like that blue. The chrome is a finger print magnet
Yeah, but to me that makes them as special as my KPE. I spend some time on both, polishing them to keep then clean looking. I don't mind shiny stuff at all. I luvs me some bling!

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #45,962 of 63,674
Reading so much good things about the ZSA lately, took mine and the ZS6 from the drawer for a 2nd spin... Still not convinced about the ZSA.
The problem with the ZSA is listeners burnout comes quite quick. It's not one of those earphones you'd want to listen to for hours or a long trip. However, it is light, so it's "perfect" for taking on a long non-vehicle trip.

Have you tried using it with a second music device to see for sure that you don't like it?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #45,963 of 63,674
I have wondered about that. Once I have the right tips it seems like most things sound good to excellent to me. Same with buds. Not as much with headphones although with those some seem to interact more with the bones in my skull. Certain headphones just make my skull feel like it will explode... and others are fine. I think our anatomy has more to do with it that most people realize.

So even if you tell someone to try a certain tip on an iem, or to put donut foams on top of regular foams with a certain bud, or to change to certain pads on a headphone.... you can't make them hear it the way you do. I think our journey is more individual than that.
I couldn't have said it any better, myself! All this gear is just about personal preferences. And, there's nothing wrong with that!

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #45,964 of 63,674
I have been tip rolling like crazy on the zs10 pros. Every time I try a memory foam tip it looses a good portion of the sub bass but it tames the top a bit as I find them midly sibalant on some songs. I have get to find a tip that retains that sub bass but tames the top. I have more coming tho .
If you dont already have them, try the Newbee foams. To my ears, they keep the bass nice and supple and deep, but they still retain the mids and highs. Very comfy too. I can listen to my ZS10 PRO's and KPE 's for hours on end, and I never feel fatigued. I actually have to force myself to stop listening and go to bed.

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #45,965 of 63,674
At the moment though, I can't say the same for the TFZ NO.3. These, while more than double the cost of the ZS10 PRO, are NOT even in the same ballpark, imho. Cost don't amount to squat! It's all about the execution of the tuning.
Are you saying the ZS10 Pro are better then the TFZ No. 3?

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #45,966 of 63,674
I've found the "bass" tips to work better for me, because the nozzle is closer to my ear and the sound seems better that way. I've tried using that tip with the ZS10 Pro and it improved things, but not to the level as to me wanting to use it for every day use. They are softer too compared to the KZ star tips. Unfortunately, finding these tips are almost impossible unless you buy an FiiO or Hidizs IEM.
Have you tried the Newbee foam tips? They sound great, and stay in my ears very well.

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #45,967 of 63,674
Are you saying the ZS10 Pro are better then the TFZ No. 3?
Yup. Maybe I got a defective set, but I personally prefer the ZS10 PRO over the No.3. Of the 3 iems I currently have, my rating is: 1- KPE, 2- ZS10 PRO, 3- TFZ NO.3. The ZS10 PRO has got better, clearer details than the No.3. Bass is actually more slamming too. Which is odd, since this set was touted as having better bass than the KPE. Without extreme EQ, the the No.3 sounds soft, recessed and boring. I don't get the hype. To me, KPE sounds clearer, cleaner and faster than the No.3, and ZS10 PRO has all that, with a bit more punch to the mid bass, compared to the No.3. SO FAR...I've only got about 10 hours on the No.3 so things might change with more usage. So far though, I'm not getting the hype.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #45,968 of 63,674
If you dont already have them, try the Newbee foams. To my ears, they keep the bass nice and supple and deep, but they still retain the mids and highs. Very comfy too. I can listen to my ZS10 PRO's and KPE 's for hours on end, and I never feel fatigued. I actually have to force myself to stop listening and go to bed.

Those are the ones I just got. I have the red ones. They took away too much sub bass for my liking. Love how the highs sound with them but don't want to give away that much sub.

Jul 21, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #45,969 of 63,674
I actually have to force myself to stop listening and go to bed.

I know that feeling.... especially when my husband is away working nights. I have accidentally stayed up listening to album after album until 5am more than a few times. So, I am on night shift too... lol. Except he is working:frowning2:

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #45,970 of 63,674
Im using with the kz BT adapter, tried also the Trn Bt03.

Its like it lacks some mid-bass, it does appear to have some strong sub bass in some songs, but ir lack punch.

Im even considering maybr mine is defective bcause isnt what I read in any review.

The problem with the ZSA is listeners burnout comes quite quick. It's not one of those earphones you'd want to listen to for hours or a long trip. However, it is light, so it's "perfect" for taking on a long non-vehicle trip.

Have you tried using it with a second music device to see for sure that you don't like it?

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #45,971 of 63,674
Thanks, im there already...

Spend so much time in just 2 threads that I forget there are others, sorry for the offtopic bit.

Ps.: Im surelly getting at least a couple of those
Ps2.: I saw that chart but it doesnt appear to be consistent with reviews as it shows BQ3 with less bass and every review says the opposite.

You could visit the BQEYZ thread. People do seem to agree that they are consistent in doing good models. I love my KB100 and I know my husband loves his BQ3.

Here is a link to the thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bqeyz-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.894089/

someone posted this chart in one of the other IEM threads but I do not see it in the BQEYZ thread so maybe I should add it there.

I have no idea if this is meant to be quantity, quality or some kind of combination...or if listeners would agree.

This is the post where I found it :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1337#post-14619201

10202671.png

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #45,972 of 63,674
I sleep with my ZS10's

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #45,973 of 63,674
I have 2 "forgotten" KZ models in my drawer that I loved the sound signature but was never able to use them...

KZ ED 9
KZ ED15 (absolutely stunning design)

The problem I have with them is that their weight appear to be torward the outer side and they fall off my ears almost instantly.

I wonder if someone has a trick to make those usable.

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #45,974 of 63,674
Thats awesome, I always wanted a AS10 with slightly bigger bass.

Im still not sold in their new aesthetic though... Is that outer shell aluminum or baigain-bin silver plastic?

I wish they kept the transparent shells with the logo printed on the board, love those (but the ZSN/ZS10 pro aluminum outer shell is also sweet).

First impressions are very good. Seems more of an improvement to the AS10. No treble murder out of the box and wide or narrow bore silicone tips work for me. Bass digs deep but there isn't a heavy midbass boost. It seems KZ put that extra 22955 BA driver to good use.

Only a quick impressions post but so far I am very impressed. Tracks that hurt with the CCA A10 are not painful and that's such a relief as I was worried KZ would simply add an extra BA bass driver but have the top end overbearing as with the A10. After a few days of play time I'll give a more thorough impression.

I haven't really analyzed detail retrieval yet. One thing at a time as I'm just happy they have a more conservative tuning in the upper mids and treble.
But if any of you were on the fence the AS12 sounds like a progression of the AS10 which I'm sure will please many people.

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #45,975 of 63,674
Ps2.: I saw that chart but it doesnt appear to be consistent with reviews as it shows BQ3 with less bass and every review says the opposite.

I wondered about that also. Maybe my husband @HungryPanda would like to compare his BQ3 with my KB100 and comment on the bass in the BQEYZ thread sometime this week.

People probably think we have both listened to each of the others gear, but that is not true. How would we have time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back