Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 20, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #45,931 of 63,670
Did you actually compare or are you guessing it's just as good?

I see there's a blue plate version of zs10 pro out, it looks quite nice and this iem now ships for 35-37$ on Ali, add an 8 core cable and you have a pretty decent package for 45$.

At 50$ it had serious competition of the bqeyz kb100, but at 35 it's really good imo.

And you can establish a professional standard of listening sense!

jRlBGuM.jpg
I do like that blue. The chrome is a finger print magnet

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #45,932 of 63,670
I do like that blue. The chrome is a finger print magnet

I am being tempted by that blue. I already have the nice shiny silver plate on my purple ZSN.

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #45,934 of 63,670
Curious to what you're listening to? Because to me distorted wall of sound guitars like gojira on their way of the flesh album, sound amazing on ZS7 bas. But when I go back to jazz, there's so much more definition, texture, details and harmonics on the kanas pro, it's not even fair. It's like a headshot. BOOM.

It's nice to be content with what you have, enjoy it. Once you get a taste of 150$ goodness you start to wonder how the 300$ stuff tastes and down the rabbithole you go.

I have the Hidizs MS4. It sounds warm and awesome.

Going back to the ZS10 Pro, the sound sounds artifical, especially those peaks in the highs. MS4 has a more warmer bass and mids response, with clear vocals.

With the ZS10 Pro, I always felt there is something missing in the middles. Vocals sounded more in the highs than in the mids.

As for the ZS7, that one is warmer too, but lacks the clearness response of the highs. The ZS7 focuses more on bass and sub-bass overall.

Hidizs MS4 outperforms both for me.

I do, however, want to see how the new KZ "terminator" will sound.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #45,935 of 63,670
Jul 20, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #45,936 of 63,670
With the ZS10 Pro, I always felt there is something missing in the middles.

This is the type of comment that makes me not want it.

I don’t feel that way at all. I think the mids are just right (for my preference anyways).

Mary, don’t be afraid to give the ZS10 a try. I know you’ll love it based on the other gear you like.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #45,937 of 63,670
To be fair I sounded a bit like trying to promote Dysons on a Xiaomi vacuum cleaners forum heh. I did some A/B again this evening. Gojira and Archspire sound better on the ZS7 by far. Billie Holiday and Thelonious Monk sound better on the kanas pro by far. Everyone will find something that suits them. But owning more than 2 or 3 kz isn't a great choice imo, no flame intended. There are far worse ideas than having a few select ones tho. I'll leave you in peace now, cheers.

I owned 3 1964 universal iems ($500+) and zs10pro blows them out completely.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #45,938 of 63,670
This is the type of comment that makes me not want it.

I think zs10pro has that thin mid that doesn't sound thick ala shure's mid. For me personally, that thick mid doesn't sound natural at all.

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #45,939 of 63,670
I think zs10pro has that thin mid that doesn't sound thick ala shure's mid. For me personally, that thick mid doesn't sound natural at all.

The thick mids are more W shape tuning, which I don’t like. It just doesn’t sound good to my ears. But I know some people like that tuning, or maybe it depends on the genre.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #45,940 of 63,670
The thick mids are more W shape tuning, which I don’t like. It just doesn’t sound good to my ears. But I know some people like that tuning, or maybe it depends on the genre.

Maybe that's why. The MS4 are described as being W-shaped. It sounds fuller-sounding to me.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #45,941 of 63,670

If you listen to a lot of Diana Krall, it sounds pretty good, but I just not prefer overly thick mid.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #45,942 of 63,670
Maybe that's why. The MS4 are described as being W-shaped. It sounds fuller-sounding to me.

Different people hear different things and has different preference is completely normal.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #45,943 of 63,670
Different people hear different things and has different preference is completely normal.

Yup, maybe due to ear canal harmonics. But when I listen to a W shape earphone, it feels like fingernails on a chalkboard.

The KZ ED4 was like that. I could only take the sound for 2 minutes before saying nope! But there’s other HeadFiers that really like the ED4.

Jul 20, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #45,944 of 63,670
Reading so much good things about the ZSA lately, took mine and the ZS6 from the drawer for a 2nd spin... Still not convinced about the ZSA, but the ZS6 amazed me all over again, no other KZ has similar open and airy sound.

And the memory foam tips helped a lot with the bad ergonomics, I hope they repeat the formula with a better shell.

But I read something about the bqeyz kb100 and took a look at the other models they have and love the BQ3.

Does anyone know if its any good?
Are they consistent in doing good models or is it a hit and miss?

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #45,945 of 63,670
Yup, maybe due to ear canal harmonics

I have wondered about that. Once I have the right tips it seems like most things sound good to excellent to me. Same with buds. Not as much with headphones although with those some seem to interact more with the bones in my skull. Certain headphones just make my skull feel like it will explode... and others are fine. I think our anatomy has more to do with it that most people realize.

So even if you tell someone to try a certain tip on an iem, or to put donut foams on top of regular foams with a certain bud, or to change to certain pads on a headphone.... you can't make them hear it the way you do. I think our journey is more individual than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back