Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 19, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #45,874 of 63,796
I think what he was asking, is if the ZSN pro was a big improvement over the ZSN, because he likes the ZS10 pro. But I might be wrong. And people should really stop saying KZs sound "amazing" they don't. They are pretty good value for the price, but the mids are really not great and the bass definition is very meh.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #45,875 of 63,796
No.

Save your money and get something different (like the 30$ moondrop crescent, or even the 10$ einsear T2), that will be more beneficial to finding what you like in the end. Some people like me have a hard time going back to KZ, TFZ and such once they got a taste of the harman target.

As I have the others that you mentioned (and more) I will wait and get a ZS10 Pro when and if they offer it with a shiny deep purple faceplate... at a very low cost of course.

Maybe someone from KZ reads this thread and a purple faceplate will be made. Actually I like how some companies let you change the faceplate to another color by including several faceplates and a little screwdriver.

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #45,876 of 63,796
I think what he was asking, is if the ZSN pro was a big improvement over the ZSN, because he likes the ZS10 pro. But I might be wrong. And people should really stop saying KZs sound "amazing" they don't. They are pretty good value for the price, but the mids are really not great and the bass definition is very meh.

They're amazing for the price. For budget up to $50, they are amazing of course. But if put aside the price say up until $3000, is KZ considered amazing? definitely no. And not everybody has chance to listen TOTL iems.

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #45,877 of 63,796
As I have the others that you mentioned (and more) I will wait and get a ZS10 Pro when and if they offer it with a shiny deep purple faceplate... at a very low cost of course.

Maybe someone from KZ reads this thread and a purple faceplate will be made. Actually I like how some companies let you change the faceplate to another color by including several faceplates and a little screwdriver.

I thought you could always apply some translucent nail polish of the desired colour shade ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #45,878 of 63,796
I thought you could always apply some translucent nail polish of the desired colour shade ? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that would be a mess...and could chip. I tried coloring the plates of one of my ZSNs with a Sharpie but it rubbed off.

KZ just needs to make a purple one.. they can do it!

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #45,879 of 63,796
They're amazing for the price. For budget up to $50, they are amazing of course. But if put aside the price say up until $3000, is KZ considered amazing? definitely no. And not everybody has chance to listen TOTL iems.

I'll argue that from a pure sound perspective, 10$ einsear T2 sound better than 15$ ZSN, and 30$ moondrop crescent sounds whay better than any KZ even the most expensive ones. But you don't get detachable cables etc.

150$ moondrop kanas pro sound immensely better than all KZ combined, lol, and if you got many of them you probably ended up paying more than 150 alltogether. It's ok, to each their own, some prefer to have many ok things rather than 1 great one.

But I digress. Don't get me wrong, I like KZ, they offer value for money (detachable cable, design of ZSN for 15$, decent EQed sound is heard to beat) but let's not overhype them. If you don't actually compare them, you can be happy. Otherwise, it quickly starts to fall apart, especially the mids tonality as I said.

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #45,880 of 63,796
I'll argue that from a pure sound perspective, 10$ einsear T2 sound better than 15$ ZSN, and 30$ moondrop crescent sounds whay better than any KZ even the most expensive ones. But you don't get detachable cables etc.

150$ moondrop kanas pro sound immensely better than all KZ combined, lol, and if you got many of them you probably ended up paying more than 150 alltogether. It's ok, to each their own, some prefer to have many ok things rather than 1 great one.

But I digress. Don't get me wrong, I like KZ, they offer value for money (detachable cable, design of ZSN for 15$, decent EQed sound is heard to beat) but let's not overhype them. If you don't actually compare them, you can be happy. Otherwise, it quickly starts to fall apart, especially the mids tonality as I said.

Yes correct, ZS10 pro are 1 of amazing for the price, but there are more like my BQEYZ KB100, moondrop crescent yes, I agree about Kanas Pro, even tfz no 3 also sounds better than KZ ZS10 pro for me. I also own all of them. They're not that bad for the price, value wise yes. But if you got more budget to spend, there are a lot more to consider of course.
PS : even though i have so many KZs, im not a fanboy.

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #45,882 of 63,796

We also have to make sure we don’t overhype not overhyping them.

For someone who only has a $20 budget, such as a university student or teenager, name some better options? Not everyone has $150 for a Kansas Pro (which some can argue was overhyped itself).

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #45,883 of 63,796

KZ is absolutely fabulous for entry level Chi-fi as they don't burn a hole in your pockets and give you a taste of what the industry is all about. But as you dig deep into the blackhole, you find there are many doing a fabulous job at an insane value. From what I perceive and I might be wrong as I wasn't even a sperm in the 80s but KZ is this generation's VSonic. Mind-blowing sound at an insane value.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #45,884 of 63,796
Is ZS10 Pro compatible with BT20 wireless?

Thanks

Yes but be warned that the connector a bit different so they will stick out a bit

We also have to make sure we don’t overhype not overhyping them.

For someone who only has a $20 budget, such as a university student or teenager, name some better options? Not everyone has $150 for a Kansas Pro (which some can argue was overhyped itself).

Thats what I was going to say Slater. great for the price..

Jul 19, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #45,885 of 63,796
Is ZS10 Pro compatible with BT20 wireless?

Thanks

Define compatible.

The socket on the ZS10 Pro is a KZ 0.75mm 2-pin “Paragraph C type”.

TRN does not follow the KZ A/B/C thing. TRN does their own thing, and they have 1 plug type. It is a 0.75mm 2-pin plug, and it’s kinda a mashup of the size of the KZ A plug with the shape of the B plug.

So if you’re asking if the TRN BT20 is compatible in the regards that it has a Paragraph C plug, then no, it is not compatible.

However, the BT20 has a 2-pin 0.75mm plug, which will connect to the ZS10 Pro and make sound just fine. So in that regard, the BT20 is compatible.

Note that the BT20 plug will stick up on the ZS10 Pro’s raised socket however, which bothers some people but doesn’t bother others. Only you can know if that would bother you or not.

Also, you should be aware that KZ is releasing their own version of the TRN BT20-style adapter. I don’t know when it will be on sale or how much it will cost, but because it’ll be made by KZ you can bet that it will be available with all of the KZ specific ends (A/B/C).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back