Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #45,841 of 63,796
Yes, looks interesting. **** is the only multi-driver earphone with a piezo driver that I thought was tuned ok. Hopefully NiceHCK has figured it out with the NX7.

Did you try the Artiste DC1 or the Tunai Piano'? Both excellent in my opinion.

Then there is the R1 Zenith with its Gen II 14mm driver featuring uprated Neodymium motors with beryllium diaphragm + Piezo Ceramic driver. A bit pricey though. I only have it because the first batch was out of phase, and replacements were sent to the buyers (HungryPanda, who was not required to return the defective one.) So I have the defective one but the phase problem is fixed by just turning the cable around on one of the ear pieces. I just can't use a cable with molded ear guides.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #45,842 of 63,796
Actually I think the Artiste DC1 is well tuned, with more accent on bass than the ****. It seems forgotten in this forum...
+1 for the DC1. And then there are the Elecom CB1000, Tunai Piano, Rosewill EX500, LZ A6 and high end ones from Noble and Hyla!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #45,843 of 63,796
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #45,844 of 63,796
I have a question about these BT adaptors everyone is talking about. Since they're wireless how do we know how many cores the air between the source and the BT receivers has? And can I enhance their sound by treating the actual air? I know a lot of fancy wire is supposedly oxygen-free so would I get better sound if I sat in an oxygen-free chamber of some sort whilst listening to my music? TIA ;-P

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #45,846 of 63,796
Lately, I am getting very confused as KZ and its subsidiaries CCA/Tripowin (and ?Kbear - are they a KZ subsidiary or just borrowing their shell/drivers?) are churning out multi hybrid/BA IEMs almost every few weeks.

I’m fairly certain KB Ear is Kinboofi.

KB Ear simply sub-contracted with KZ to have their name and logo on the IEM and packaging. Not that there’s anything wrong with that; lots of companies do that in every industry, from cars to frozen foods.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #45,848 of 63,796
Does zs10 pro share the same cable as zs10?
If i already have zs10 is it better to skip zs10 pro?

similar cable with different connector (ZS10 pro use para C type like ZSN)
ZS10 PRO is very different from regular ZS10, they can just use entirely new name because they're just different. Only same configuration 1DD+4 BAs.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #45,849 of 63,796
similar cable with different connector (ZS10 pro use para C type like ZSN)
ZS10 PRO is very different from regular ZS10, they can just use entirely new name because they're just different. Only same configuration 1DD+4 BAs.

Yes they should have had a completely new name for it.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #45,850 of 63,796
Did you try the Artiste DC1 or the Tunai Piano'? Both excellent in my opinion.

Then there is the R1 Zenith with its Gen II 14mm driver featuring uprated Neodymium motors with beryllium diaphragm + Piezo Ceramic driver. A bit pricey though. I only have it because the first batch was out of phase, and replacements were sent to the buyers (HungryPanda, who was not required to return the defective one.) So I have the defective one but the phase problem is fixed by just turning the cable around on one of the ear pieces. I just can't use a cable with molded ear guides.

I haven't tried those three, glad to hear other companies have done good piezo implementations. My most recent experience (other than the ****) was with the Elecom EHP-R/CB1000RD (pretty "meh" by my standards), and one other make/model which I can't recall at the moment.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #45,851 of 63,796
I’m fairly certain KB Ear is Kinboofi.

KB Ear simply sub-contracted with KZ to have their name and logo on the IEM and packaging. Not that there’s anything wrong with that; lots of companies do that in every industry, from cars to frozen foods.
Wendy, from KB Ear wrote to me by email stating, and I quote, ..."KB is the abbreviation of American professional basketball player Kobe Bryant, our boss is a fan of Kobe Bryant.
And our online website is http://www.kb-ear.com/." ...unquote.

I don't know if this makes any difference with all the similar earphones going around, but just thought I'll pass this along. :deadhorse:

She sent me a KB10 for review, so I'll know more about the similarities once I get to them.:sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #45,852 of 63,796
Wendy, from KB Ear wrote to me by email stating, and I quote, ..."KB is the abbreviation of American professional basketball player Kobe Bryant, our boss is a fan of Kobe Bryant.
And our online website is http://www.kb-ear.com/." ...unquote.

I don't know if this makes any difference with all the similar earphones going around, but just thought I'll pass this along. :deadhorse:

She sent me a KB10 for review, so I'll know more about the similarities once I get to them.:sweat_smile:

Ok, I guess the person who told me it was the Kinboofi people was wrong.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #45,853 of 63,796
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #45,854 of 63,796
Does zs10 pro share the same cable as zs10?
If i already have zs10 is it better to skip zs10 pro?
IMO the only reason to skip the zs10 pro is if you already have several zs10 pros :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back