Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 17, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #45,811 of 63,786
Maybe due to Z7's rolled of treble, I hear a little peak somewhere at mid-hight.
ZS7 definitely has edgy upper midrange, but i would say a big "thanks" as it would have been almost "dark".

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #45,813 of 63,786
My fellow KZ brothers & Sisters please put on your favorite KZ's and celebrate one of the all time greats as we have lost a special light in the world of music:cry:

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #45,814 of 63,786
Oh, i have anouther question: How are KZ's eartips? good enough or do i need to get some aftermarket onese? And if that's the case, whats the stem size on the ZST?
Haven't been able to find the last info.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #45,815 of 63,786
Oh, i have anouther question: How are KZ's eartips? good enough or do i need to get some aftermarket onese? And if that's the case, whats the stem size on the ZST?

Some love em, some hate em. I'm in the love camp having bought another ten or so sets separately to use on other products. You'll have to decide for yourself.

The ZST stem is around 5mm in diameter (excluding the lip which adds another 1mm or so to the width), and around 10mm long. Someone with something more precise than a beat up old tape measure will have to provide more accurate measurements, lol.

Jul 17, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #45,816 of 63,786

You will not be able to find an answer for the 1st question, as some will swear they are trash while others will say they are fine.

Im in the "its fine" crowd, and my recommendation is to try it for yourself.

Does the bass improves when you press it harder to your ear? Thats a sign the isolation isnt right, try other sizes or other tips.

Is it uncomfortable? Same thing.

Thats basically its job, to keep the limited soundwaves such small device can generate moving your eardrum and preventing the outside sound to reach it while keeping it reasonably comfy.

THAT said, eartips can affect the sound, mainly the bass, so worth trying tifferent types.

For my experience double spinfit improves isolation and help keep them in place while memory foam improves comfort.

I use KZ tips in almost all of them except the ZS6 (memory foam because of the nightmarish ergonomics) and in the es4 (Spinfit, it kept moving and leaking sound)

In a Nutshell, every IEM is different as well as every ear, there is no universal answer.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #45,817 of 63,786
This graph by https://www.antdroid.net/2019/07/knowledge-zenith-zs7-review.html represents the ZS7's sound I hear:
FR.jpg

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #45,818 of 63,786
Jul 17, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #45,819 of 63,786
You will not be able to find an answer for the 1st question, as some will swear they are trash while others will say they are fine.

Im in the "its fine" crowd, and my recommendation is to try it for yourself.

Does the bass improves when you press it harder to your ear? Thats a sign the isolation isnt right, try other sizes or other tips.

Is it uncomfortable? Same thing.

Thats basically its job, to keep the limited soundwaves such small device can generate moving your eardrum and preventing the outside sound to reach it while keeping it reasonably comfy.

THAT said, eartips can affect the sound, mainly the bass, so worth trying tifferent types.

For my experience double spinfit improves isolation and help keep them in place while memory foam improves comfort.

I use KZ tips in almost all of them except the ZS6 (memory foam because of the nightmarish ergonomics) and in the es4 (Spinfit, it kept moving and leaking sound)

In a Nutshell, every IEM is different as well as every ear, there is no universal answer.

Yeah, mostly concerned about if they're floppy AF or tend to fall apart in no time, but i've lived with any kind of cheapo earphone eartips before, so as long as they are somewhat usable i'm fine. Quality of sound would be on a totally personal level.

Jul 17, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #45,820 of 63,786
Yeah, mostly concerned about if they're floppy AF or tend to fall apart in no time, but i've lived with any kind of cheapo earphone eartips before, so as long as they are somewhat usable i'm fine. Quality of sound would be on a totally personal level.

Oh, in that aspect, they are very good not too floppy and very durable.

Jul 17, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #45,821 of 63,786
Oh, in that aspect, they are very good not too floppy and very durable.
Nice, won't have to buy tips in advance then, i'll just try them and see if i'm comfortable with them (but i'm usually not particularlydemanding in that regard).

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #45,823 of 63,786
I'm looking for a Bluetooth cable for my zs7. the 5.0 version doesn't seem to come in the A type pin. any other suggestion? pref: should be cheap. 15$ ish~.

if not a type c cable with mic would do too. but even that is not available it seems :frowning2:

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #45,824 of 63,786
The ZSA is one of the best KZ's! It's natural sounding and bright/musical. I like it better then the ZSN as it holds a classic (oldish) sound that many other models do not.

If you don't have it... it's a must for your collection. Get it before its discontinued!

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #45,825 of 63,786
Is there a 1DD/5BA coming from KZ? Any details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back