Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 15, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #45,766 of 63,834
Hey folks, hope this is the right place to ask for a suggestion.

I'm thinking of getting one or two KZ iems, but for the life of me i can't wrap my head around how many models there are out there. So, i'm looking for something that while not laking sparkle, doesn't end up being fatiguing or harsh (maybe the correct way os saying it would be bright but not overly so?), and a nice bass response would be appreciated too. The ZSN and ZSE are what catched my eye at first, but i read in a couple places that the former can end up being sibilant and harsh sounding, while the latter don't have much in the way of bass presence. But other reviews claimed almost the opposite. Then there's the ZST and/or the ZST pro. As far as i understand, the pro has less bass enphasys, is that correct?

So, what should i do, go for one of these or chose another model?
ZSN Pro rather than ZSN - almost the same price, more refined.
From a sister/relative KZ company, CCA, CCA CA4 (very similar to ZSN Pro) and CCA C10 (nice resolution, treble is gently subdued) are good candidates.
Also ZS10 Pro - a recent consensus favourite may be worth to consider.

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #45,767 of 63,834

I'm thinking of getting one or two KZ iems, but for the life of me i can't wrap my head around how many models there are out there. So, i'm looking for something that while not laking sparkle, doesn't end up being fatiguing or harsh (maybe the correct way os saying it would be bright but not overly so?), and a nice bass response would be appreciated too. The ZSN and ZSE are what catched my eye at first, but i read in a couple places that the former can end up being sibilant and harsh sounding, while the latter don't have much in the way of bass presence. But other reviews claimed almost the opposite. Then there's the ZST and/or the ZST pro. As far as i understand, the pro has less bass enphasys, is that correct?

Hey boy! I'm from Italy as well! If you need some tips, don't hesitate contacting me.

In any case, the ZSN Pro could be fatiguing for some in the upper range, and the ZSE is an old product. Nowadays you can buy something better than this last one.

@Coldheart29 you should ask @nxnje about possibly loaning you some KZs, as both of you are from the same country and customs will not be a problem. Who knows, there might be a mini-meet over Chi-Fi IEMs at an espresso cafe in the works. :)
Pizza > espresso cafe

:D

Jul 15, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #45,768 of 63,834
Anyone have the ZS10 Pro and the Tin Audio T3 and care to compare sound sigs? TIA

I own both and like both.
ZS10 Pro has a more powerful and emphasized bass region, forward midrange and sparkling highs with lots of detail. They are very easy to drive and soundstage is just a tad above average considering the almost linear mids.

The T3 are musical with a more neutral presentation but could show some sibilance.
Technically, the T3 are some steps above, but i'd say i quite feel i need always mi fiio a3 to carry out the best from them, while the ZS10 pros are much easier to drive.

They're different, and there's not one which is better than the other.

Jul 15, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #45,769 of 63,834
Bass is much stronger on the zs10pro but T3 has more natural bass and does have bass on songs that have it. I prefer ZS10pro

Mids: vocals both female and male are more natural on T3, but the Zs10pro is not bad in comparison. I prefer T3

Highs: highs are much more brighter and clearer on the T3, a little bit boosted on T3. Zs10pro does not have as much treble but it sounds less natural. I prefer T3

Soundstage: T3 is a bit bigger to me, but it is not really that much of a difference. I prefer T3

Instrument separation: T3 sounds less "chaotic", Zs10pro is not bad but T3 is better. I prefer T3

Overall The T3 is a more brighter and natural sounding and the most detailed, good for editing and stuff. I prefer the Zs10Pro because it fits much better and comfortable and I like the extra bass. The Zs10pro has a balanced sound with a little bit of V-shape as topping

Wow, thanks so much for the awesome comparison. One last question. How do they compare as far as isolation? TIA

Jul 15, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #45,770 of 63,834

What you're describing is essentially the same as what I was looking for, found it with the ZS7. I had tried the AS10 before, but didn't like the subdued sub bass, and had too much upper mid/lower treble.

Jul 15, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #45,771 of 63,834
I received my RevoNext QT5 today. It's a premium product other than the useless eartips. It sounds good, but I doubt it can challenge the AS10 as my daily driver. I've read a lot of raves in this forum for the ZS10 Pro, ZS7 and a few others and I'm wondering if anyone feels there's any KZ that's clearly better than the AS10.

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #45,772 of 63,834

Get ZS10 Pro and call it a day

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #45,773 of 63,834
ZSE isn't a specially good model, if you are going Dynamic, I would get the classic ATE, instead... but I wouldn't go dynamic as the hybrids are so much better and so cheap.

ZS10 Pro is amazing but more expensive than what you are looking for, check out the ZSN Pro, ZS4, ES4, or even the TRN v80 or IM1.

Jul 16, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #45,775 of 63,834
Oh wow, so many answers in so little time.

Hey boy! I'm from Italy as well! If you need some tips, don't hesitate contacting me.

In any case, the ZSN Pro could be fatiguing for some in the upper range, and the ZSE is an old product. Nowadays you can buy something better than this last one.

Pizza > espresso cafe

:D

Hey, nice to meet someome else from Italy (and yeah, pizza is definitely better ).
What about the ZST? I must admit they look rather nice. Is the sound quality up to the task?

As far as fatigue goes, i mostly need something to use when i'm on my mountain bike, so 1 or 2 hours sessions at most (got other main headphones), so i'm not particularly concerned about that. They can be bright, just non so bright that after a couple songs i feel the need to take them off. Actually, i am looking for something a bit brighter, since the headphones i use nowadays (Monk+ and sony mdr 100aap) are more on the darker side of things (the sony ones, my mains, particularly so).

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #45,776 of 63,834
Oh wow, so many answers in so little time.

Hey, nice to meet someome else from Italy (and yeah, pizza is definitely better ).
What about the ZST? I must admit they look rather nice. Is the sound quality up to the task?

As far as fatigue goes, i mostly need something to use when i'm on my mountain bike, so 1 or 2 hours sessions at most (got other main headphones), so i'm not particularly concerned about that. They can be bright, just non so bright that after a couple songs i feel the need to take them off. Actually, i am looking for something a bit brighter, since the headphones i use nowadays (Monk+ and sony mdr 100aap) are more on the darker side of things (the sony ones, my mains, particularly so).
Which genres do you like most?
The zst is an old product, like an outdated product compared to the more recent kz line.

I would advice you going for the ZS10 pro.

Jul 16, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #45,777 of 63,834

ZSE, as ZS2 is an old double dynamic, bassy, without trebles and details
ZST is the first hybrid (with one BA) ZST colorfull is ok, but ZSN or even ES4 are much better with newer technology
maybe it is better you buy only one better earphone as the ZS10 pro than two as one ZSN + one ES4
And stock purple ZSN (with cooper cable) is better than ES4, cause stock ES4 is too bassy, that can be solved with silver plated cable or whirl large bore tips.

my advice: If you dont need a second one for your friend, buy one ZS10 pro
otherwise buy two ZSN (not the pro), these are the best. You get a lot for the price.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 5:27 AM Post #45,778 of 63,834
The ZSA cable is a regular "Paragraph B" cable, look for ZST cable.

I can't seem to find my ZSA cable... :frowning2: Apparentely, they made it so you can't use any others.

I hope I can find one on Aliexpress?

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #45,779 of 63,834
I received my RevoNext QT5 today. It's a premium product other than the useless eartips. It sounds good, but I doubt it can challenge the AS10 as my daily driver. I've read a lot of raves in this forum for the ZS10 Pro, ZS7 and a few others and I'm wondering if anyone feels there's any KZ that's clearly better than the AS10.

BA10, as long as the fit is not an issue. The same drivers etc but a bit more resonant and coherent.
Then I very much agree AS10 is really nice.

Jul 16, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #45,780 of 63,834
I personally prefer the Pro version (tighter bass), maybe getting a ZSN and a ZSN Pro and deciding for himself.

ZSE, as ZS2 is an old double dynamic, bassy, without trebles and details
ZST is the first hybrid (with one BA) ZST colorfull is ok, but ZSN or even ES4 are much better with newer technology
maybe it is better you buy only one better earphone as the ZS10 pro than two as one ZSN + one ES4
And stock purple ZSN (with cooper cable) is better than ES4, cause stock ES4 is too bassy, that can be solved with silver plated cable or whirl large bore tips.

my advice: If you dont need a second one for your friend, buy one ZS10 pro
otherwise buy two ZSN (not the pro), these are the best. You get a lot for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back