Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 13, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #45,736 of 63,834
:beerchug:
plug them normally. if polarity is inverted (it means inverted position of pins in each side) you'll notice nothing, while the 2 plugs are plugged in same position. it will work as well as if polarity was ok.
Thank you very much for your help!

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #45,737 of 63,834
Is the kz aptx bluetooth cable fixed? It's on sale at aliexpress for only 20 usd at the cca store.

Jul 13, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #45,738 of 63,834
Just received the ZS10 pro and AS16 .Testing the ZS10pro at the moment. Gotta say the stock ear tips are crap. The sound is distance and very soft. But once I put on some TP45, boy they sound amazing! Vocal quality was excellent for thw price. Can't compare with my Andromeda S in clarity and soundstage but these makes excellent everyday earphones with my phone!

Isn't the Andromeda S like a thousand bucks?!!? I would hope a 50 dollar IEM wouldn't sound quite as good. LOL

Jul 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #45,739 of 63,834
Isn't the Andromeda S like a thousand bucks?!!? I would hope a 50 dollar IEM wouldn't sound quite as good. LOL

Hey, one COULD hope:)

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #45,740 of 63,834
ZSN Pro is nearly identical to iBasso IT03 sound signature. A little more low end, but it's definitely super similar. Hats & other cymbals actually feel more "fischer price" in the IT03's.

Jul 13, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #45,743 of 63,834
There's something driving me NUTS with these KZ ZS10 Pro earphoness!!! I use these while doing pushups/pullups outdoors, the right ear piece stays flush while the left always feels like it's slipping out the ear although it never really falls out. If I shake my head then the right stays put while the left kind of rattles. If the left earphone could stay flush like the right I'd be so happy with these.
Is this to do with my ears shape or the earphones/eartips=
Would be possible that aftermarket ear tips would improve how they stay in the ears?

Other than that, these earphones are absolutely phenomenal, got them for $30 on aliexpress when they had a discount. They sound much better my $99 Sennheiser Momentums IEM.
With an upgraded budget cable and a bunch of eartips (I see those New Bees mentioned often) these are gonna become my favorite go to IEMs.
Last but not least I might the usb HD Soanata DAC for my Pocophone F1 but still not sure it's gonna make a neglible differece on the sound.

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #45,744 of 63,834
There's something driving me NUTS with these KZ ZS10 Pro earphoness!!! I use these while doing pushups/pullups outdoors, the right ear piece stays flush while the left always feels like it's slipping out the ear although it never really falls out. If I shake my head then the right stays put while the left kind of rattles. If the left earphone could stay flush like the right I'd be so happy with these.
Is this to do with my ears shape or the earphones/eartips=
Would be possible that aftermarket ear tips would improve how they stay in the ears?

Other than that, these earphones are absolutely phenomenal, got them for $30 on aliexpress when they had a discount. They sound much better my $99 Sennheiser Momentums IEM.
With an upgraded budget cable and a bunch of eartips (I see those New Bees mentioned often) these are gonna become my favorite go to IEMs.
Last but not least I might the usb HD Soanata DAC for my Pocophone F1 but still not sure it's gonna make a neglible differece on the sound.

This sounds like it is a eartip or fit problem. Some people may have smaller ear canals compared to the other side, and I have read that some people need different sized eartips for Left and Right ears, so you should explore with other different eartips if you can. Personally, I use spinfits for this IEM and the isolation/fit/sound quality is better than the stock tips. I don't use foam/comply/new bee style tips, so maybe the rest can advise on this.
Do u have a chin cinch on your cable? That can help too if the cinch goes all the way to the chin or back of neck to provide better stability.

I also used the HD sonata DAC with the ZS10 Pro and it helps make the sound better (but only if you have high quality source file).

Jul 13, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #45,745 of 63,834
Wow I am looking forward to your Moondrop kansas pro vs TFZ No. 3 comparisons.

Totally agree that the ZS10 Pro is super good for its pricing, just two to three years ago, we would have to pay at least $200 - 300 USD for a similar multi driver IEM from western companies. But after the success of the ZS10 Pro I am not sure why now KZ and its subsidiaries (CCA/Tripowin) keep churning out similar specs multi driver IEMs and just reshell it and rebrand it. Aren't they diluting their customer base? CCA may be tuned more neutrally and balanced than the typical KZ V shaped signature, but I feel stuff like the Tripowin TP10 doesn't really value add in terms of offering a different sound signature for the budget CHIFI segment. It seems to me like they are just trying to add as many drivers inside a shell and hope for a well tuned product to appear.
I will post my impressions of the No.3 in a couple weeks, when I've had some time with them. At the moment they are still unboxed, as I'm waiting on an upgrade cable for them. Not in a big hurry, since I already have Moondrop Kanas Pro and KZ ZS10 Pro, both of which I am enjoying immensely...so much so that I think I'm gonna be selling most of my overear full size headphones.

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #45,746 of 63,834
No idea about the Pocophone but I've got 4 different Xiaomi phones here (Max2, Max3, Note 4 and 5) and a Huawei X2 and the Sonata turns them into something completely different. That little sucker packs some punch and easily outperforms (bass slam/speed/structure, space/soundstage, details) my older modded and rockboxed DAPs as well (iRiver H-140 and Cowon D2 - does anyone remember these bad boys?) and even drives my AKG K712 and other hungry cans pretty effortlessly.
In short ... best 25€ spent in years.

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #45,747 of 63,834
I am having a ZS5 bought in November 2018. I am very satisfied with it, sounding great with a **** 8 core cable :)
Those who have both the ZS5 and the ZS10 Pro, what is your opinion, which one is better? Is it worth to upgrade from the ZS5 to a ZS10 Pro? I was thinking to try an all BA IEM so I am waiting for the AS12 reviews to come.
Any of you compared the ZS5 and the AS12?

I have bothe the ZS5 v1 as well as the ZS10, ZS10 PRO and CCA C16. Of all of these, I still like the ZS10, but I am having a running fight between the ZS10 PRO and C16. Each time I listen to one of these two, it becomes my favorite - until I listen to the other one again - so go figure. But, considering the ZS10 PRO is less than half the price of the C16, I would say go with the ZS10 PRO.

Jul 14, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #45,748 of 63,834
No idea about the Pocophone but I've got 4 different Xiaomi phones here (Max2, Max3, Note 4 and 5) and a Huawei X2 and the Sonata turns them into something completely different. That little sucker packs some punch and easily outperforms (bass slam/speed/structure, space/soundstage, details) my older modded and rockboxed DAPs as well (iRiver H-140 and Cowon D2 - does anyone remember these bad boys?) and even drives my AKG K712 and other hungry cans pretty effortlessly.

+1 to this. I liked the HD sonata so much I bought 2 haha. Cheap and good.

Jul 14, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #45,749 of 63,834

+1 to this. I liked the HD sonata so much I bought 2 haha. Cheap and good.

what mode do you guys use on sonata HD? default one ( i dont know which one is defalt one A or C) or D? thinking of getting one for my phone for easier portable daily music

Jul 14, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #45,750 of 63,834
what mode do you guys use on sonata HD? default one ( i dont know which one is defalt one A or C) or D? thinking of getting one for my phone for easier portable daily music

Most of us use D mode, which provides the best quality music wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back