Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #45,721 of 63,834
Out of those the ZS10 Pro is the best overall sounding imo. If you want something a bit cheaper the ZSN Pro is another one of the latest designs, I guess they have a great sound to them too. I haven't tried them personally but, they have he same shell has the ZS10 - just 2 drivers instead of 5 per ear.

seems I have the b - pin of the apt-x hd cable, so dont know if its compatible with the zs10 pro. See they sell a c pin also thats compatible. Seems the cc c10 is supposed to work with it, I see now they use the 2 pins that stick out.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #45,722 of 63,834
That's the one thing I've always liked is those who like the ZS5 V1 really love them but pretty much that happens with one model or another for KZ lovers:wink:

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #45,724 of 63,834
seems I have the b - pin of the apt-x hd cable, so dont know if its compatible with the zs10 pro. See they sell a c pin also thats compatible. Seems the cc c10 is supposed to work with it, I see now they use the 2 pins that stick out.
Was gonna' post commenting on that and then I load the next page and see you already had. :p Don't have the ZS10 Pro (yet, at least, but I'm in no huge rush because...) but I do have the CCA C10 and it is quite nice and I can heartily recommend it as a solid all-rounder. :)

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #45,725 of 63,834
Was gonna' post commenting on that and then I load the next page and see you already had. :p Don't have the ZS10 Pro (yet, at least, but I'm in no huge rush because...) but I do have the CCA C10 and it is quite nice and I can heartily recommend it as a solid all-rounder. :)

would not want to buy another apt-x hd for just the c pin. If b pin would work on the zs10 pro, I would get that
Untitled.png

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #45,726 of 63,834
would not want to buy another apt-x hd for just the c pin. If b pin would work on the zs10 pro, I would get that
I think it would technically work... The protruding bit on the Z10 Pro would still be protruding though, instead of safely inside the cable's end, and thus more vulnerable to being damaged (and also possibly messing with the fit/positioning a bit).

Jul 12, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #45,727 of 63,834
Is There any other iem that is similar to the zs7 in sound but with a shape like the zs10pro? The zs7 is too big and very unpleasant to use.

Jul 12, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #45,729 of 63,834
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #45,730 of 63,834
jcally cable for ZSN is wired for QDC (inverse of KZ polarity). not a sound issue, because both sides are inverted: not out of phase. so any other QDC terminated cable will serve as well as jcally cable
Hey hakuzen, I just received my TFZ No.3 and it also has those same Para C type connection ports as the KZ ZS10 PRO. I have another JCally 2.5 balanced 8 core cable on the way for it, but I want to start listening to the TFZ now, so I want to use the JCally balanced cable I already have on my 10 Pro. Do you know if I need to do any reversing of sides or anything on the TFZ, or do I just plug left to left and right to right, like I have done on my KZ'S when using the JCally cable? The TFZ No.3 came only with a 3.5 and I'm not a big fan of that flat cable that came stock with it. Any words of advice or suggestions?

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #45,731 of 63,834
Well then, the Smabat ST-10 was made for you :) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993154088.html

HTB1iQ3XNkvoK1RjSZFNq6AxMVXaB.jpg
Do you own these? If so, how would you describe the sound characteristics? I've got them in my cart on Aliexpress, but I would like more impressions before I decide if I wanna pull the plug on them. Also, how is the comfort? Can they be worn comfortably for an extended period of time? Thanks, MB!

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #45,732 of 63,834
Do you own these? If so, how would you describe the sound characteristics? I've got them in my cart on Aliexpress, but I would like more impressions before I decide if I wanna pull the plug on them. Also, how is the comfort? Can they be worn comfortably for an extended period of time? Thanks, MB!
That is a neat looking headphone. From the 15" driver to the enclosure design! a little pricey

Jul 13, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #45,733 of 63,834
Jul 13, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #45,734 of 63,834
Just received the ZS10 pro and AS16 .Testing the ZS10pro at the moment. Gotta say the stock ear tips are crap. The sound is distance and very soft. But once I put on some TP45, boy they sound amazing! Vocal quality was excellent for thw price. Can't compare with my Andromeda S in clarity and soundstage but these makes excellent everyday earphones with my phone!

Jul 13, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #45,735 of 63,834
Hey hakuzen, I just received my TFZ No.3 and it also has those same Para C type connection ports as the KZ ZS10 PRO. I have another JCally 2.5 balanced 8 core cable on the way for it, but I want to start listening to the TFZ now, so I want to use the JCally balanced cable I already have on my 10 Pro. Do you know if I need to do any reversing of sides or anything on the TFZ, or do I just plug left to left and right to right, like I have done on my KZ'S when using the JCally cable? The TFZ No.3 came only with a 3.5 and I'm not a big fan of that flat cable that came stock with it. Any words of advice or suggestions?
plug them normally. if polarity is inverted (it means inverted position of pins in each side) you'll notice nothing, while the 2 plugs are plugged in same position. it will work as well as if polarity was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back