Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 27, 2019 at 10:35 PM Post #45,451 of 63,834
Esoteric/TOTL:thinking: Not by a long shot (then again Big Dogs may be wasting a Sh1tload of money):open_mouth: In the Pods honest opinion these are easily better sounding iem's than 99.9% of the buying/listening populous owns:wink:

@Light - Man , I also have the 7's and think the 10 Pro more refined overall but like the statement above both are better than most people even listen too:rolling_eyes: WARNING: (If you own or spent more than a grand on any iem these statements don't apply to you):grin:
Yeah! For me, when I listen to the ZS10 PRO, it makes me wonder why I need to spend thousands on a TOTL iem, for a 20% improvement. TOTL iems have their place when it comes to bragging rights, but for me, value for money trumps that everytime.

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #45,452 of 63,834
I doubt it, because the ZS7 was contracted by a 3rd party seller. It wasn’t an official KZ release. So I doubt you’ll see an official KZ release of a 2nd ZS7.
Yes, I meant actually a ZS8 or something like that, not a ZS7 Pro or ZS7 v2. Basically, an improvement, somehow, over the ZS7. That's what I meant with next generation.

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #45,455 of 63,834
Jun 28, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #45,456 of 63,834
I doubt it, because the ZS7 was contracted by a 3rd party seller. It wasn’t an official KZ release. So I doubt you’ll see an official KZ release of a 2nd ZS7.
Let's hope that 3rd party contracts some more IEMs because for me the ZS7 is my favourite "KZ".

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #45,457 of 63,834
Had to try the Spinfits with the ZS10 Pro after that and must admit there's not much (if any) change in bass response between the custom tips they came with and the Spinfits. Bass still has the same depth and quality on SFs, with the sound opening up a wee bit and upper mids and treble slightly brighter. This has always been my experience with Spinfits though. They help take some warmth out of an overly smooth earphone and add a bit more air in to the top end. Not saying you're wrong btw. Tried Comply's with them and again they follow my normal experience of opening the sound up and smoothing over the treble... but losing out in some resolution.

Here's what I use... a set of tips i can't for the life of me remember what they came with lol. I've smaller ear cavity and these thinner longer silicons seem to work best for me.

They look like they could be TRN tips. I have Med size but not the small to compare. I actually ordered a set of TRN silicone Translucent grey/Red tips and was sent the TRN foam tips by mistake. From the looks the TRN foams could be the same as New Bee. They made my A10 listenable. Before even with the foam filters there was too much treble energy now with the red TRN foams I can actually sit back and enjoy my A10 with selective music. Nothing too dense and definitely well recorded and mastered.

Jun 28, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #45,458 of 63,834
After the vent mod and a lot of tip changing. I found the zs7 much better from the original config.

Been using it even more than the kb100 lately after the vent mod. Kb100 still being better at a smoother presentation with smaller stage but much more accurate imaging and naturalness. Holding its no. 1 for me.

The zs7's soundstage is just percieved more spacious (cos of that v shape) and sound is so detailed because of those ba's. Recently the nozzle just popped out suddenly. Chifi quality showing its age already. Noticed how the BAs are placed within the plastic enclosure they have near the dynamic driver. Nothing is near the nozzles unlike previous kz zs models. Was able to fit it back quite easily with some glue. That's what was holding it in place before they decided to pop out.

After the mods and cable swaps, an excellent iem. Stock. Not so much. Hope the zs8 will refine things with this 1dd+'X'ba driver config. Without having to mod the iems or swapping cable and tips. Coming from the original sound, where the stage was quite small, being overpowered by the bass pressure and the stock cable sounding the most coherent at the same time least resolving, because of its high resistance. Wheras more conductive cables like the jc ally make it too sharp/ sound odd. The kz silver cable was the middle ground for smooth sound while not losing the signal quality too much, only after i got a good combo with the tenmark wide bore tips. They do congest the bass a little, but its a doable compromise for better controlled bass and more open stage. After doing all that. I would even go to the extent of calling it balanced now.

Coming from total regret (before burn in) to cable swaps to mods. It has been quite the journey with the zs7. I don't think i can get more out of this amazing iem anymore. And i don't need anymore from it as well. It is an excellent iem for those who are willing to put up with the hustle of burn-in, modding, tip swapping and cable changing. Incredible stuff for around 40usd (incl. cables and tips)

TLDR; I Love the ZS7, They are an enjoyable fun sound!

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #45,459 of 63,834
Anyone order the AS12 yet? It’s funny the AS12 were released on Wed and were only available on the KZ official store. Thursday it was the same deal. This morning CCA tweeted out they had the AS12 in their official store on AE. Now they’re available in 6 or 7 stores ranging from $52 to $90. I’ll probably wait until Sunday night this is very tempting after having the A10 and needing to know how they compare to each other.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #45,460 of 63,834
Oh Jeez, guess I'll just let Slater tell you:rolling_eyes:

Jun 28, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #45,465 of 63,834
After the vent mod and a lot of tip changing. I found the zs7 much better from the original config.

Been using it even more than the kb100 lately after the vent mod.

Remind me again on the vent mod you’re referring to? Did you tape it off with micropore or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back