Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 13, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #45,211 of 63,670
If the bass is too much, all you have to do is cover the bass vent on the shell. If you look along the seam of the shell, usually at the 12 o’clock position you’ll see a large vent. Cover that with something (painterss tape, micropore, blue tac) and you’ll reduce the bass and make the sound more balanced.
Thank you. I will try that, I have some micropore tape.

Jun 13, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #45,212 of 63,670
As much as people swear by the New Bee tips, I've never tried them in my life. It's really been due to the fact that I don't really use foam tips, so I always thought it would have been a waste of money buying an eartip kit that included 50% foam tips.

Are the silicone tips any good? Is there a similar tip (I might be familiar with) the silicone tips can be compared to, so I know what to expect if I decide to order a set?

I swear by New Bee tips. But, don't use the foam tips at all so as you say there's a lot of waste in each box.
The large silicone tips are excellent for me and have quite as a wide bore.
I went looking thru gearbest & AliExpress for tips recently and came across some cheap tips from ALWUP store on AliExpress.
Can order different sizes or a selection of sizes. Bore is slightly smaller than new bees.
Would post a link, but they never work for me.

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #45,213 of 63,670
My ZS10Pro just arrived and im gonna pick them up in a few hours, Do you need to burn it in a lot to get the "real" sound or do they sound good out of the box?

Jun 13, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #45,215 of 63,670
One question for all the KZ experts here..
I already own ZSN (purple), AS10, ATE, ZSR, ED. My DAP is an Xduoo X20.
So what would give me something more different to what I already have between ZS7 and ZS10 Pro.
I need help deciding my next purchase.
Thank you.

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #45,217 of 63,670

Can you see a possibility of a coming ZS16 with 2 DD + 6 BA drivers?
I know that such a device would be too big using the present drivers, but who knows, maybe the Chinese Engineers are already working on much smaller, but very effective drivers...
It would combine the advantages of the two driver type: great bass with the new DD drivers and great soundstage and transparency with using the BA drivers.
At the moment I am using a ZS5 and a ZSN, both are excellent, but I am waiting for a Giant Killer IEM from KZ. :k701smile:

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #45,218 of 63,670
It had been a while since i gave a listen to the ES4. These are a gem to me. That pleasing boomy bass, present mids (very well done, some of the best from kz), highs that could be tuned better, but not unacceptable at all with good presence. Good pair with my smartphone. Obviously not geared towards neutrality or serious tuning. It doesn't throw music in your face like the zs7(with the upgrade cable) or zsn pro, rather just presents it to you. Perfect for casual listening and getting those reggae vibes on.

Tried on an upgrade cable that I bought for the zs7. I've been hooked since. Think this iem will go on as a future legend for me as much as the zst, ate and ed9 currently are.

Which upgrade cable you have chosen? Could you send a link of that purchase?

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #45,219 of 63,670
One question for all the KZ experts here..
I already own ZSN (purple), AS10, ATE, ZSR, ED. My DAP is an Xduoo X20.
So what would give me something more different to what I already have between ZS7 and ZS10 Pro.
I need help deciding my next purchase.
Thank you.

When you say something “more different”, can you elaborate as to what you mean by that so we can try to help?

Because ear buds and full size headphones are about as “more different” than the ones you have in your list.

If you just mean a “more different” sound signature, then what type of sound signature are you looking for more of? More flat? More basshead? More treble? More forward midrange?

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #45,220 of 63,670
Which upgrade cable you have chosen? Could you send a link of that purchase?

That’s the KZ 8-core flat braided SPC upgrade cable.

KZ makes 2 other 8-core upgrade cables, but they’re both bi-colored (yellow/silver and copper/silver). The flat braid one is all silver.

Be aware that it does turn slightly green after a while, due to oxidation of the conductor wires (it doesn’t affect anything other than the look though).

Jun 13, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #45,221 of 63,670
When you say something “more different”, can you elaborate as to what you mean by that so we can try to help?

Because ear buds and full size headphones are about as “more different” than the ones you have in your list.

If you just mean a “more different” sound signature, then what type of sound signature are you looking for more of? More flat? More basshead? More treble? More forward midrange?

Between ZS7 and ZS10Pro which one would give me a (more) different sound signature to the ones I already have.
I want to try different sound signatures.So which of these two departs more from what I already have.
I have been reading lots and lots post on this thread. That is the reason I already own five KZs (yes I blame you all). And then after some weeks away I return to see what is new or trending.
I had decided I would try the ZS7 but then start reading good things about the ZS10Pro. I cant buy them both now so.... I want to get one that would expand my sound signatures collection.
Thanks.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #45,222 of 63,670
That’s the KZ 8-core flat braided SPC upgrade cable.

KZ makes 2 other 8-core upgrade cables, but they’re both bi-colored (yellow/silver and copper/silver). The flat braid one is all silver.

Be aware that it does turn slightly green after a while, due to oxidation of the conductor wires (it doesn’t affect anything other than the look though).

Many thanks...what is your opinion about this one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33005450947.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.3.922c83f2szjwGt
Looks nice ...
I bought for my ZS5 this cable and it brought a great improvement to SQ.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #45,224 of 63,670
Jun 13, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #45,225 of 63,670
Are there any must have kz iems out there other than the zs6, zs7, zsn and the ZS10Pro? (those are the ones I have ) preferably something with Detachable cables and with a different sound

Zs5 v1 if you can find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back