Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 12, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #45,181 of 63,834
I don't own cp100z and 360, looking at the website they are as you say. Cp100z will be the better fit, since they are closer to the 5mm bore size. Note that a smaller tip bore will increase treble presence and (usually) reduce soundstage, increase silbilance. And if its too big, bass might be diminished to unlikeable levels.
Ok thanks, then I will buy the CP145 Large and CP100Z Large.

Jun 12, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #45,182 of 63,834
It had been a while since i gave a listen to the ES4. These are a gem to me. That pleasing boomy bass, present mids (very well done, some of the best from kz), highs that could be tuned better, but not unacceptable at all with good presence. Good pair with my smartphone. Obviously not geared towards neutrality or serious tuning. It doesn't throw music in your face like the zs7(with the upgrade cable) or zsn pro, rather just presents it to you. Perfect for casual listening and getting those reggae vibes on.

Tried on an upgrade cable that I bought for the zs7. I've been hooked since. Think this iem will go on as a future legend for me as much as the zst, ate and ed9 currently are.

IMG20190612233649.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #45,184 of 63,834
I have eventually got round to trying out the two nozzle options on the ED9. The shiny ones produce a strong V shape with recessed mids which gives the effect of detached areas of sound. The dull ones give a more balanced presentation and fill in the mids nicely. The treble had plenty of life. I like these in this configuration and for £8 they are a steal. I prefer them to the MH755 which I also got recently, which for me, seem somewhat veiled in the mids and have an overwhelming bass. The treble is somewhat grainy as well. Not really my kind of sound profile.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #45,185 of 63,834
I have eventually got round to trying out the two nozzle options on the ED9. The shiny ones produce a strong V shape with recessed mids which gives the effect of detached areas of sound. The dull ones give a more balanced presentation and fill in the mids nicely. The treble had plenty of life. I like these in this configuration and for £8 they are a steal. I prefer them to the MH755 which I also got recently, which for me, seem somewhat veiled in the mids and have an overwhelming bass. The treble is somewhat grainy as well. Not really my kind of sound profile.

That is the filter that I also prefer.

As for the MH755, if you are finding them veiled @Slater has suggested removing the nozzle grill and taking out the little piece of foam that is inside the nozzle. Some people are preferring it that way. I did it to one of mine and now I can't remember which one:)

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #45,186 of 63,834
That is the filter that I also prefer.

As for the MH755, if you are finding them veiled @Slater has suggested removing the nozzle grill and taking out the little piece of foam that is inside the nozzle. Some people are preferring it that way. I did it to one of mine and now I can't remember which one:)
When I'm feeling brave I may try that!

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #45,187 of 63,834
Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #45,188 of 63,834
I prefer them to the MH755 which I also got recently, which for me, seem somewhat veiled in the mids and have an overwhelming bass. The treble is somewhat grainy as well. Not really my kind of sound profile.

If the bass is too much, all you have to do is cover the bass vent on the shell. If you look along the seam of the shell, usually at the 12 o’clock position you’ll see a large vent. Cover that with something (painterss tape, micropore, blue tac) and you’ll reduce the bass and make the sound more balanced.

Jun 12, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #45,189 of 63,834
The KZ ES4 sounds amazing today. I never plan on buying the ZS10 Pro. :wink:

PS: KZ's huge failure is the lack of community they have created around the brand. All we have is this thread? What?

I just found an employee's of BQEYZ on Instagram and after looking at their photos i felt closer to the brand and want to buy my first pair.

Stop releasing so many models KZ and start creating a KZ Fan Community!

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019 at 7:08 PM Post #45,190 of 63,834
The KZ ES4 sounds amazing today. I never plan on buying the ZS10 Pro. :wink:

PS: KZ's huge failure is the lack of community they have created around the brand. All we have is this thread? What?

I just found an employee's of BQEYZ on Instagram and after looking at their photos i felt closer to the brand and want to buy my first pair.

Stop releasing so many models KZ and start creating a KZ Fan Community!

You think we want a fan club? What are we...like 12?

It is a commodity. We pay for it.

Jun 12, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #45,192 of 63,834
Like I mentioned cp155 might be a little loose. Cp145 fits for me. Design wise spinfits in this series is same. Except the cp145 small size which follows cp100 style design. You should be good with medium or large cp145.
I have ordered 2 pairs of M and 1 pair of L from Aliexpress and am waiting for them to arrive. I'm not a huge fan of silicon tips, so this is an experiment for me. I will be using them for my ZS10 PRO and Moondrop Kanas Pro. So far, the New Bee foam tips have been working quite well for me (I like them much more than Comply foams), but I'm looking to enhance the bass and bring out more mids and highs on both sets of my iems. I hope the Spinfits will do what I hope they will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back