Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 30, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #44,701 of 63,796
And never 'burn in' audio gear by sticking your head in an oven! It's not worth the risk!
@Slater, are you opening a new style of modding: "baking in" your IEMs? LOL

May 30, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #44,703 of 63,796
@Slater, are you opening a new style of modding: "baking in" your IEMs? LOL
In WA, that carries a very different connotation. Can neither confirm nor deny I've "baked in" a few new pairs of KZs and over-ears. Listening impressions were...enhanced.

May 30, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #44,704 of 63,796
In WA, that carries a very different connotation. Can neither confirm nor deny I've "baked in" a few new pairs of KZs and over-ears. Listening impressions were...enhanced.

So we can safely say you've never Half-Baked a pair eh:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 30, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #44,706 of 63,796
Only if I'm waiting for the pizza guy.

Oh, if I'm waiting for food it generally means I'm totally baked:laughing:

@SiggyFraud , maybe not to all but for me the sub <$8 ED9 is KZ Legend:beerchug:

KZ Legends.JPG

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #44,707 of 63,796
ZSN / ZS10 pro shells are actually small, they indeed looked bigger in picture, but they are small, and sounds multiple time better than AKG bonus iem from samsung for me. You may try with ZSN pro first, they're good and cheap

I didn't care for the stock AKG with the S10. My first impression was I preferred the S8 & S9 version, but I usually toss them in a backpack as a backup to my backup pair. The Galaxy buds that came with my pre-order are better than the AKG also.

May 30, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #44,708 of 63,796
IMG_20190530_153014311.jpg
Found this old thing, creative Zen Vision:m. Which I thought had given up the ghost years old... Turns out it just needed a new power cable.
Works well with the ZS10 Pro and even better using the A3.

It never sounded this good back in the day with my old Sennheiser headphones.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #44,709 of 63,796
Oh, if I'm waiting for food it generally means I'm totally baked:laughing:

@SiggyFraud , maybe not to all but for me the sub <$8 ED9 is KZ Legend:beerchug:

You have convinced me! I have just ordered the ED9 off Ali Ex. Can you tell me what the two filters do?

May 30, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #44,710 of 63,796
Perhaps I will just keep using the stock AKG iem that came with my s10+
KZ is more into sports big iems apparently

Get a Sony MH755 and an aux extension.

May 30, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #44,711 of 63,796
You have convinced me! I have just ordered the ED9 off Ali Ex. Can you tell me what the two filters do?

Well on the original model you will or should find the dull gold one to be smoother and the shiny brass one may be just a little bright for you and I'd suggest a warm player or maybe some EQ reduction of the top end but with that said at low volumes you'll get gobs of detail out of the brass filter. Another trick is the foam mod in the nozzle:wink: Hope you like them:beerchug: On the newer model you'll hear less of both if that makes since!

By the way did you order the Chrome or Black version?

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #44,712 of 63,796
I didn't care for the stock AKG with the S10. My first impression was I preferred the S8 & S9 version, but I usually toss them in a backpack as a backup to my backup pair. The Galaxy buds that came with my pre-order are better than the AKG also.

that's interesting. I thought the S10 version was the same as the S9 but just white? The S9 sounds great and I was using them until I got the ZS7.

May 30, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #44,713 of 63,796
Well on the original model you will or should find the dull gold one to be smoother and the shiny brass one may be just a little bright for you and I'd suggest a warm player or maybe some EQ reduction of the top end but with that said at low volumes you'll get gobs of detail out of the brass filter. Another trick is the foam mod in the nozzle:wink: Hope you like them:beerchug: On the newer model you'll hear less of both if that makes since!

By the way did you order the Chrome or Black version?
Thanks! I ordered the chrome version. From what is say I will probably try the dull gold filter first then try the shiny one. I'm not really a fan of filters after having two Trinity Audio IEMs but I am remaining open minded!

May 30, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #44,714 of 63,796

Shiny gold filter = v shape with hard hitting low end

Dull brass filter = more balanced sound with enhanced treble

May 30, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #44,715 of 63,796
ZSN / ZS10 pro shells are actually small, they indeed looked bigger in picture, but they are small, and sounds multiple time better than AKG bonus iem from samsung for me. You may try with ZSN pro first, they're good and cheap
Yes they sound better and they are really small compared to pictures i was shocked how small they actually are

Users who are viewing this thread

Back