Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 29, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #42,871 of 63,834
I'll post here if I find out something interesting.

I've seen that video, I don't know what was going on there. I don't agree that the AS10 sounds crappy.
His next video is going to say, "I forgot to burn these in before I made my review video and now they sound amazing!"

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #42,872 of 63,834
How about if a person is a basshead? or close to it? AS10 sounds very nice with all my players. No exception. And weird enough, I get the best sound with Vivo xplay6 musophone. The sound is just terrific to me. I am a 90% basshead.
That's another useful datapoint for potential AS10 buyers. I am not really a basshead myself and, particularly, dislike it when bass overwhelms the rest of the music.So I prefer the AS10 with some bass control.

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #42,873 of 63,834
C10 is legit dopesauce. Just so good to my ears. Does everything I ask it to do. I'm not an audiophile. I don't listen to classical unless its an orchestral videogame soundtrack, and I really could care less what the producer is doing because frankly, I hate them. Well most of them.
Nothing distracts me more then listening to high resolution flat phones and noticing all the little details instead of listening to the music. I want to listen to music because I love it. All kinds of it. I once put on a pair of those phones and listened to a song I loved only to be immediately made aware of people in the band tapping their feet on the floor. By the end of the song I wanted to scream.

Thankfully C10 just delivers good sound whether I'm listening to Enka, or Swedish Death Metal. Electro Swing or Yacht Rock. Hip Hop, or Bluegrass. Doesn't matter. C10 just does it all acceptably well.

And they only cost me $25.
What is yacht rock?

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #42,876 of 63,834
dislike it when bass overwhelms the rest of the music.
Are you sure it does?
I am sure I am not the only one who thinks it does not.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #42,877 of 63,834
LOL. Basically Soft Rock

Think Hall and Oats, Kenny Logins, Ambrosia, Michael McDonald, Steely Dan. That type of stuff.
you're killing me--i used to have so much respect for you....

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #42,878 of 63,834
I agree about the source dependence of the as 10. The as 10 sound with my LG g7 is interesting, but for some reason they sound better with my old htc m8 (that I still keep for sentimental reasons). Still, between my as10 and my tin audio T2, I will always prefer the last one.

The problem with the as 10, for me, is the level of detail in the sound and not the bass. Although the comparison is not fair, my dt 770 is a bass cannon and has a great level of detail.

Mar 30, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #42,879 of 63,834
If you’re willing to spend $100, the ibasso IT01 is amazing.

It will have the clarity you like (especially if you remove the nylon fabric portion of the nozzle filter), with the punchy depth and body you’re craving in the low end. Build quality is great, and the cable is off the hook.

Nowadays, people are bonkers over the IT01S and Kanas Pro. But those are much more expensive, and I haven’t heard either so I can’t recommend them.

But regardless of the hyped flavor of the month, you’re still gonna have a hard time finding a better total package with the signature you’re describing for $100.

Looks like you prefer quality with hard hitting bass? Rather than balance?

Depend what on your purpose, do you like collecting many iems and keep rolling from one to another or changing iem, or stick to 1 but superior to all those cheaper iems.

If you want to get another sub $50 try T2 (warning this is balance - not suit everybodys taste especially someone who prefer fun iem with bass hits) , or wait T3 is around the corner, BQEYZ brand any type is equally good, or try that good reviewed ****.

But if you are looking for 1 superior chifi iem, set your budget under $250 for example, a lot mature sound than typical kz at this price range. Name it ibasso IT01s, DM6, Kanas (pro one more balance, if you like hard hitting bass, i guess regular kanas more suits you), tansio mirai tsmr3.
They are definitely different class above zs7.

+1

+1

...and there is tin t3 coming too

IMG-2819.jpg

Thanks to you I got the IT01 and I must say this little guy is pretty good! Sound signature fits and also its unexpectedly small and comfy!

This will definitely keep me away from checking earphones regularly, at least for a while, until I jump to higher tiers later on. :)

Edit: Also, shockingly, I got it in an amazing speed from Penon in 5 days! I didnt even selected paid shipping.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #42,880 of 63,834
KZ why must you do this? :disappointed: I just received a new set of ATRs that i was planning on modding, but upon listening I immediately noticed they sounded different from my other three. After opening them up I noticed they are using different drivers.This driver has a silver metal shell and seems to be smaller.
55622783_2596102037128575_4930647108920279040_n.jpg
55726290_2596057147133064_5668844058869497856_n.jpg
This new version sounds darker than my other ATRs.

Mar 30, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #42,881 of 63,834
I was wondering which IEM should i go and buy, the AS06 or CCA C10.

i like something that makes rock music and metal music sounds good (Iron maided, buckethead, aerosmith, the black keys). i don't really need something that sounds good for all genre (since i have MH755 for that). also do anyone know if CCA C10 have crossovers? since iirc zs6 doesn't have one

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #42,882 of 63,834
C10 is legit dopesauce. Just so good to my ears. Does everything I ask it to do. I'm not an audiophile. I don't listen to classical unless its an orchestral videogame soundtrack, and I really could care less what the producer is doing because frankly, I hate them. Well most of them.
Nothing distracts me more then listening to high resolution flat phones and noticing all the little details instead of listening to the music. I want to listen to music because I love it. All kinds of it. I once put on a pair of those phones and listened to a song I loved only to be immediately made aware of people in the band tapping their feet on the floor. By the end of the song I wanted to scream.

Yes, the C10 is excellent for laid-back listening, they won't fatigue easily, they sound so smooth. I personally love all the little details flying around my head and all the weird little side-sounds instruments and singers make, I find it really impressive to listen to. Don't get the ****, it is a detail monster, I love it.

His next video is going to say, "I forgot to burn these in before I made my review video and now they sound amazing!"

Haha yes. I think a good reviewer should do that and try different tips, cables and sources before judging.

KZ why must you do this? :disappointed: I just received a new set of ATRs that i was planning on modding, but upon listening I immediately noticed they sounded different from my other three. After opening them up I noticed they are using different drivers.This driver has a silver metal shell and seems to be smaller.
55622783_2596102037128575_4930647108920279040_n.jpg
55726290_2596057147133064_5668844058869497856_n.jpg
This new version sounds darker than my other ATRs.

Wow, that is really bad, it invalidates all reviews. I hate it when manufacturers do that. Had this with a monitor once, rave reviews, received one with a different panel that was quite disappointing.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #42,883 of 63,834
I'm not maxxed out on KZ but as you know, the sound signature doesn't change, it just gets better. I'm not so sure I want to graduate to a higher tier. I really like this KZ community and I don't like expensive things, so I'm stuck here. :) I will just keep listening to the same old models while everyone collects the new ones (ZSN Pro, CCA C10?) I guess. I will also look at other brands and give you my opinion on KZ and those other models/brands.

I love KZ. I love my AS10. The ZS7 also sounds rad so far... I'm stuck in KZ budget land and for good reason. I think you're right though, for someone that wants to spend $200 on a earphone set, should do so.

So you're saying a CCA C16 ($120USD) won't be much better than a KZ ZS7 ($44USD), etc? Interesting. That's good to know. Maybe I'm at the end of my rope of buying many models of earphones (other than different brands until I find my preferred one... KZ?)

Hey guys, like me or hate me, I'm here to stay.

You can't really compare the ZS7 with the C16, completely different signatures, but booth are worth it!

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #42,884 of 63,834
also do anyone know if CCA C10 have crossovers? since iirc zs6 doesn't have one

any help would be appreciated.

Both CCA C10 and KZ ZS6 have crossovers.

Mar 30, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #42,885 of 63,834
You can't really compare the ZS7 with the C16, completely different signatures, but booth are worth it!

Agreed!

They are geared towards different music genres and preferences.

The ZS7 has a prominently elevated bass profile and a general V shaped sound profile. The C16 is more or less balanced with a very, very shallow V sound signature.
The details on the C16 come in sounding more 'filled' and 'thick'. The ZS7 sounding more airy. Both have excellent staging as well as separation for instruments. The C16 having an edge in really complex tracks such as full orchestra classical symphonies. The details from separate instruments come across as being easier to make out compared to the ZS7.

The ZS7 shines where "energy" is called for in a track such as in pop and dance tracks. Very punchy and deep bass, very fun sounding signature. The C16 sounds less so, but the bass energy comes across is taut and "on point".

Both have a bit of treble roll-off, with the C16 sounding smoother but yet not losing detail nor too much energy. The ZS7 having a more elevated, energetic treatment of its treble details but generally not to the point of sibilant though.

Talking of which, both sound excellent a low to moderately low level volumes. But both will show hints of sibilance once a threshold in volume is breached. It seems to be a driver limit or that the damping of the drivers were not adequate for higher output levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back