Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #38,657 of 63,803
I've read a few bad reviews of some of the IEMs in your sig so I take your opinion with respect but with a grain of salt as well. :wink:

I guess I'll know how I feel after I get them since I'm a newbie.
Of course! So many people, so many preferred sound signatures.

It's like with cars. A Toyota Corolla might technically be a way better car than a Ford Focus - but driving (especially cornering) in a Focus puts a smile on my face. That will always win for me over something that is 'considered' better technically. :)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #38,660 of 63,803
Use music with heavy bass on full blast from your phone.

Alright.. thanks
Anything else ? And for how long ?
Generally..

Don’t do full volume! You can burn out and destroy BA drivers this way.

Use NORMAL LISTENING VOLUME. Always.

Yiu wouldn’t cook food at twice the normal temperature. It doesn’t cook the food any better or faster; it just burns the food.

You cook food at normal temperature, you burn in audio gear at normal volume.

There’s a free app for your phone from 1More. It does a great job of proper burn in, including rest periods for the drivers. The process is totally automated. Just set your volume to normal listening levels, and the app does the rest.

Or some people just use a playlist of a variety of music, on repeat. Again, just set the volume at normal listening levels, and use a playlist on repeat.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #38,661 of 63,803
I normaly just use the iem or headphone that I just bought and occasionally I leave them playing at a slight bit higher volume when I am going out or not using them.

Same here. Not really sure if I believe in burn in. Brain burn in is a different story. You definitely get used to a certain headphones signature. Imo, if you have to wait and see if you don't like the sound within a couple of hours, it's probably not for you. Not saying you can't get used to a certain sound but it's not gonna be a huge difference down the road.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #38,662 of 63,803
Don’t do full volume! You can burn out and destroy BA drivers this way.

I wouldn’t cook food at twice the normal temperature. It does cook the food any better or faster; it just burns the food. You cook food at normal temperature, you burn in audio gear at normal volume.

Oh course! That's just crazy. BAs may have a slight burn in period compared to DD. It's certainly not at full volume for BAs or DD. You don't want to literally "burn" them. I busted alot of speakers and subs in my teens that way.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #38,663 of 63,803
Don’t do full volume! You can burn out the BA drivers this way.

I wouldn’t cook food at twice the normal temperature. It does cook the food any better or faster; it just burns the food. You cook food at normal temperature, you burn in audio gear at normal volume.
Wow.. this is maybe the best forum I've ever been a part of..
Thanks for the help everyone..

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #38,664 of 63,803
Wow.. this is maybe the best forum I've ever been a part of..
Thanks for the help everyone..

This is got to be the best forum I've ever been a part of...
Thanks for being helpful and kind everyone..

You’re welcome. Everyone around here is helpful. This place is indeed great.

You’re welcome.
Everyone around here is helpful. This place is indeed great.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #38,665 of 63,803
Same here. Not really sure if I believe in burn in. Brain burn in is a different story. You definitely get used to a certain headphones signature. Imo, if you have to wait and see if you don't like the sound within a couple of hours, it's probably not for you. Not saying you can't get used to a certain sound but it's not gonna be a huge difference down the road.

I believe in both brain and driver burn in because I have some iems that sound so freaking sibilance when I got them and after I let them play with pink noise and bass heavy music, it started to smoothen out. Same thing with bass. I always burn in my Dynamic Driver iems and headphones.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #38,666 of 63,803
How much is the top tier worth you're talking about? I'm assuming it's not a KZ?

You're making me feel dumb for just buying the ZS10 and AS10. I already have 2 ZSN's coming.

What I'm saying is, you better not be lying mister. :wink:

Imo, the only real difference between the AS10 and ZSN is the sound stage. They both sound full, bassy, and way better than their price. I doubt you'll regret it! On the other hand, my ZS10 mostly collects dust. It's good for video though, that's about it.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #38,667 of 63,803
Imo, the only real difference between the AS10 and ZSN is the sound stage. They both sound full, bassy, and way better than their price. I doubt you'll regret it! On the other hand, my ZS10 mostly collects dust. It's good for video though, that's about it.

I find ZSN is excellent for movies. Them bass can get quite addicting.
AS10 bass the same as ZSN with DD?

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #38,668 of 63,803
I believe in both brain and driver burn in because I have some iems that sound so freaking sibilance when I got them and after I let them play with pink noise and bass heavy music, it started to smoothen out. Same thing with bass. I always burn in my Dynamic Driver iems and headphones.

Hey, it may be true. It can't hurt anything to try. Many things need to break in on various things. Cars, shoes, rackets, all things leather. In the Olds days as a IT tech, many of the guys used to say computers and newly flashed OS on phones needed a break in period. To be honest, I've gotten so used to my bassier iems that I foam mod most of the BAs from KZ.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #38,669 of 63,803
You’re welcome. Everyone around here is helpful. This place is indeed great.

You’re welcome.
Everyone around here is helpful. This place is indeed great.

Repeat after me.......

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #38,670 of 63,803
I find ZSN is excellent for movies. Them bass can get quite addicting.
AS10 bass the same as ZSN with DD?

I'd say it's really close. Maybe slightly less but it makes up for it in the lower mids. Even the non Knowles BAs have gotten good. I can't tell much a difference between the AS10 and the Fiio FH5. The Fiio is 250 US dollars and has all Knowles BAs. The FH5 maybe be slightly cleaner sounding but not by much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back