Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 28, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #38,641 of 63,832
Hello everybody,
Can anybody compare KZ ZSA and AS10? Which is bassier? Other frequencies and specs are of interest too. I am reluctant to buy both.

The BA10 and AS10 have very similar bass. My ZSA has more bass quantity than my BA10 but the ZSA bass is definitely not as tight as the BA10's.

Reportedly, the AS10 has slightly more of a mid-bass hump; I don't hear a mid-bass hump in the BA10.

In short, if the AS10 bass is anything like the BA10 bass then it is fantastically quick and clean with unquestionable authority when called for and unquestionably tame when not.

Mind you the ZSA, despite its coloration, is still a pleasurable $20 in-ear but the general consensus is that the ZSA appears to have been superseded by the ZSN.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zsa.23180/

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/knowledge-zenith-as10.23246/

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zsn-knowledge-zenith.23357/

I am reluctant to buy both.

What in-ears or headphones do you enjoy most? What sound signature are you specifically
after?

I personally enjoy the ride and believe me I've had some very magical audio moments with entire rigs costing me less than $500 and far less than some single pairs of iem's from those who are far more proud of their stuff than I am impressed:smirk: There I said it....

All I can say, Pod, is that I've got all my bases covered (ZS6 = analytical pleasure, BA10 = laid-back detail and ZSR = my best outdoors IEM) totaling less than $200, although...

I've said it before and I'll say it again for my old ears the Cayin N3 with a pair of BGVP DMG's (shopped out can be had for <$200) might just be the best bargain in portable music today now mind you this is just some old fools opinion but seriously it would be better listening than 99.9% of the planet's population ever gets to hear:thumbsup:

...those BGVP DMG's seem like they'd be right up my alley. That said, the BQEYZ seem to have redirected my attention given the price-to-value equation.

HTB1x84GtrZnBKNjSZFhq6A.oXXaA.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

By the way, great photos of your gear.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #38,644 of 63,832
So I wonder if anyone actually got the $33 price, or if they pulled that trick to others? Maybe they were just using it to drive traffic to their site in the midst of “Black friday fever”?.
Here is what Penon said to me, "we are clear KZ inventory now , so sell it at 50% off , which is a loss , and we won’t get it in stock any more ."

I'm not sure how they can clear their inventory when I bought one before they even sold out? I'm super confused.

Either way, I went back to my old ways instead of buying the Cyan color like Penon was selling and bought the Black AS10 from KZ Global, which is the same color as all my KZ IEM's (except for two). Lol

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #38,645 of 63,832
Here is what Penon said to me, "we are clear KZ inventory now , so sell it at 50% off , which is a loss , and we won’t get it in stock any more ."

I'm not sure how they can clear their inventory when I bought one before they even sold out? I'm super confused.

Either way, I went back to my old ways instead of buying the Cyan color like Penon was selling I bought the Black AS10 from KZ Global, which is the same color as all my KZ IEM's (except for two). Lol

Gotcha. It sounds like they’re done with KZs, which are pretty competitive/cut throat.

I bought 4 of the flat braided cables. The price was too good to pass up!

They’re actually my favorite KZ upgrade cable once the ear wire is removed and the cable is dyed black :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #38,646 of 63,832
Wow. I'm comparing the ZSN with my current signature top tier and it's now I'm realizing... It's 95% the same earphone!

The ZSN bass and mids are a tad more emphasized, whether the other sounds a little, just a little bit smoother.

But it's really so minimal - never heard two IEMs that are so much alike. They're basically the same. Compared in four genres now with an iPhone X and Spotify Premium as source, and counting.

So yeah, I do NOT regret having the pink-silver ZSN on order too. So much love for these. :D

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #38,647 of 63,832
Wow. I'm comparing the ZSN with my current signature top tier and it's now I'm realizing... It's 95% the same earphone!

But it's really so minimal - never heard two IEMs that are so much alike. They're basically the same. Compared in four genres now with an iPhone X and Spotify Premium as source, and counting.

So yeah, I do NOT regret having the pink-silver ZSN on order too. So much love for these. :D

How much is the top tier worth you're talking about? I'm assuming it's not a KZ?

You're making me feel dumb for just buying the ZS10 and AS10. I already have 2 ZSN's coming.

What I'm saying is, you better not be lying mister. :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #38,649 of 63,832
How much is the top tier worth you're talking about? I'm assuming it's not a KZ?

You're making me feel dumb for just buying the ZS10 and AS10. I already have 2 ZSN's coming.

What I'm saying is, you better not be lying mister. :wink:
About as expensive as the AS10 during a sale. Well, I guess you could have skipped the zs10 in hindsight. Or in hindsight... I never liked them due to the blown up upper mids.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #38,652 of 63,832
Ok so i partly understand what Burn in is..
But at what volume should i play pink noise or the others ?
Links are appreciated (so i can know more about all this)

This is good to work the driver in your iem or headphone. Or to clean up your ears :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #38,654 of 63,832
About as expensive as the AS10 during a sale. Well, I guess you could have skipped the zs10 in hindsight. Or in hindsight... I never liked them due to the blown up upper mids.
I've read a few bad reviews of some of the IEMs in your sig so I take your opinion with respect but with a grain of salt as well. :wink:

I guess I'll know how I feel after I get them since I'm a newbie.

Nov 28, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #38,655 of 63,832
Alright.. thanks
Anything else ? And for how long ?
Generally..

I normaly just use the iem or headphone that I just bought and occasionally I leave them playing at a slight bit higher volume when I am going out or not using them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back