Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 25, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #38,506 of 63,803
The IT01 was released AFTER the IT03. The IT04 is getting good reviews and reported as affordable and a "bang for the buck" for some who are in the more expensive side of the spectrum (andromeda types :D). IT01s,the new IT01 might not offer much improvement and charge quite a bit, à la TinAudio T2 Pro....Not much of a fan of these minor updates. TFZ seems to do so in excess.

I'm wary of buying anything above 100-150eu and am very satisfied with my IT01 and find it hard to justify getting anything else unless it is a different signature.
+1

That's interesting. Being relatively new here, I assumed it was the first lol! Sounds like what some of the other higher end brands are doing. Releasing a budget model to give a taste of what their style is. From what I've heard the Campfire Comet is not a good example. Sounds like crap according to most. I've tried the IT01 and the IT04 and while they are definitely good, I'll found TFZ to have a style similar sound and at half the price. The TFZ Secret Garden and Fiio FH5 are both good options for that mid-tier sound at lower prices. Heck, with the AS10, I'd say KZ has really stepped up their game. It's getting more difficult to distinguish the mid tier stuff and their own flagship. I may just pass on the Campfire Atlas and wait on the new IMR, try the TFZ Secret Garden 3 (all BA model with tunable switches), see what KZ comes up with and still have extra cash left over for something non-iem related...
Just curious - what tips did You use with IT01 and how long did You have them (how many hours playtime?) ?

Sorry for OT.

I have 2 ZSN (cyan&purple) incoming. Will chime in when I receive them.
I have suspicion, by graphs I`ve seen, that ZS4 DD could be actually better than ZSN DD in certain setup.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #38,507 of 63,803
btw.. customer support sent me this when i asked about the colors of ZSN..:joy::joy:
They said... They look identical ..
:neutral_face:
(Hope it helps... Spoiler alert- It won't)
Love the color though :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 0
Nov 25, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #38,510 of 63,803
It's a pretty good cable, I have changed most my KZ cables but perfectly happy with this one

Cool, thanks.

I found a seller on Aliexpress that had them for $2.87, which I thought was a bargain so I picked one up.

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #38,511 of 63,803
1-2 Months In: ZS10's have great detail and instrument separation. Some things also sound like they have separate speakers. Probably the best soundstage of anything recent in my signature. Possibly even up at ZS6 level soundstage. Easy to pick out some soundstage on most songs. Probably also the most 'flat' sound of KZ's I've heard. Everything is well controlled, with vocals possibly being a bit low. Good controlled highs that extend far without being sibilant. Mids are possibly recessed but it's a great improvement for KZ nonetheless. Lows & mid bass well controlled & extend plenty far. It's a 'comfortable' sound signature. I feel like maybe people coming from higher end bourgeois IEM's would enjoy these as $26 beaters.

Here's a spotify playlist of songs with wide soundstage:

For soundstage, the crosstalk effect is crucial which headphones can't reproduce.
Luckily, there is a DSP effect that does that including taking into account the time delays.
Try this player https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.ideariboso.capriccio&hl=en

It is also available for iPhones. Turn on 'headphone optimisation' in the app for the effect. I have been using this for several years and don't listen with out them.
crosstalk.png

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #38,514 of 63,803
Because I definitely need more IEMs at this point, how's the sound from the KZ ZS4 compared to the KZ ZS3 (Black packaging, so I'd assume it was before the apparent change in tuning for newer batches of the ZS3) with the acclaimed Slader (remove the red grill and foam in the tubes) mod? The ZS3 is special in my collection for its hilariously great isolation and if I can buy something else that also has a similar price and even better sound for commuting, well... it's something to consider when my budget allows it lol

Nov 25, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #38,516 of 63,803
is memory wire really thay bad ?
If yes , please suggest a good cable for ZSA..
If not , please suggest a good cable for ZSA..(upto 10 or 12 $)
I can't spend 20$ :slight_frown:(as of now)

The ZSA comes with a nice cable. The memory wire on it doesn't annoy me. It helps. I am actually using it on my ED16 which came with a horrible cable.

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #38,518 of 63,803
Because I definitely need more IEMs at this point, how's the sound from the KZ ZS4 compared to the KZ ZS3 (Black packaging, so I'd assume it was before the apparent change in tuning for newer batches of the ZS3) with the acclaimed Slader (remove the red grill and foam in the tubes) mod? The ZS3 is special in my collection for its hilariously great isolation and if I can buy something else that also has a similar price and even better sound for commuting, well... it's something to consider when my budget allows it lol
the zs4 is a step up from the zs3, with more extended treble and slightly better-controlled bass, but the same great isolation. i do rate the ed16 and zsr higher (havent gotten the zsn yet), but the zs4 is definitely worthy.

Nov 25, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #38,519 of 63,803
is memory wire really thay bad ?
If yes , please suggest a good cable for ZSA..
If not , please suggest a good cable for ZSA..(upto 10 or 12 $)
I can't spend 20$ :slight_frown:(as of now)
I removed the memory wire off of my ZSR and ZS4 cables. I'm not sure exactly what the ZSA cable looks like, but if it's similar to those you can get rid of the wire if you don't like it.

Nov 25, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #38,520 of 63,803
2 words for a possible reason(?): "Conspicuous Consumption."

...Obv I'm kinda kidding, but there definitely are some people who simply haven't learned there are other decent enough options available for much better prices, even if Bose definitely is top-tier in terms of NC.

Why are we discussing BOSE in this thread anyway? I paid less for mine, used like new, than I did for my AS10. Not for SQ, although it is far from the worst that I have heard. For the bliss of having it on the screaming baby express when we fly to the Caribbean. Worth every penny then. Much more effective than anything else. I also bring buds for use on the beach.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back