Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #33,107 of 63,796
can someone send a link to kz whirlwind tips deal
i see them on aliexpress for 1.2$ without shipping for 3 pairs(L M S) which i think is pretty high

The Tennmak version is 3xs better. The KZ ones fall apart too easily.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #33,108 of 63,796
The Tennmak version is 3xs better. The KZ ones fall apart too easily.

We got a good deal on those Tennmak ones when you posted the link. I can't find the link now. Do you have it handy? We asked for them to all be medium and all in black... they did that. Black is really a grey though.

Jun 6, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #33,110 of 63,796
Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #33,111 of 63,796
Choo Choo

IsKBYKw.jpg

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #33,113 of 63,796
Jun 6, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #33,115 of 63,796
Are you referring to the hotfi or KZ? Either way, if that's the case, it's a really smart move.

The hotfi. I have no idea if that will be the case with the KZ... it should be.. like you said, it would be a smart move.

BTW, I am not suggesting that anyone run out and buy the hotfi on impulse. I love mine but it is a lot of money. My husband got it for me as a surprise gift because he knows I like purple :) I have the purple one. This is the cable I am using:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OKC...stal-Plated-Copper-for-Shure/32830043484.html

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #33,116 of 63,796
The hotfi. I have no idea if that will be the case with the KZ... it should be.. like you said, it would be a smart move.

BTW, I am not suggesting that anyone run out and buy the hotfi on impulse. I love mine but it is a lot of money. My husband got it for me as a surprise gift because he knows I like purple :) I have the purple one. This is the cable I am using:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/OKC...stal-Plated-Copper-for-Shure/32830043484.html
If you see them more favorably than the KZ, staying under $100 isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'll also attach the MMCX cable I got to replace both my Shure SE215 and Monoprice M300 cables. Super lightweight, but L and R aren't marked (simple fix: I just used a L/R test track *shrug*).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KZ-MMCX-Ca...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #33,117 of 63,796
If you see them more favorably than the KZ, staying under $100 isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'll also attach the MMCX cable I got to replace both my Shure SE215 and Monoprice M300 cables. Super lightweight, but L and R aren't marked (simple fix: I just used a L/R test track *shrug*).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KZ-MMCX-Cable-3-5MM-Upgraded-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-For-Shure-LZ/142580163514?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yes, there are many choices for MMCX cables. I am guessing that KZ will continue the 2 pin system. I know many people think it is more robust.

Actually in the photo that was posted it is a 2 pin cable.

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #33,118 of 63,796
Just wanted to confirm that the silver cable provided by KZ does NOT fit the ZSA. The 2 pin socket on this particular iem is the same as any other KZ offering, however the issue lies in the rectangle recession space that surrounds the socket. It is much thinner on the ZSA and so other KZ cables that have a thicker plastic border around the 2 pins cannot fit. I am thinking of sanding that plastic border down on the silver cable so it can be used on the ZSA, despite making it a looser fit on my other iems (this is my second KZ silver cable so bo real loss there).

I can post pictures later if anyone needs them

Edit: spelling

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #33,120 of 63,796
Just wanted to confirm that the silver cable provided by KZ does NOT fit the ZSA. The 2 pin socket on this particular iem is the same as any other KZ offering, however the issue lies in the rectangle recession space that surrounds the socket. It is much thinner on the ZSA and so other KZ cables that have a thicker plastic border around the 2 pins cannot fit. I am thinking of sanding that plastic border down on the silver cable so it can be used on the ZSA, despite making it a looser fit on my other iems (this is my second KZ silver cable so bo real loss there).

I can post pictures later if anyone needs them

Edit: spelling

Which version doesn't fit? KZ makes 2 - the ZST style, which is much chunkier, and the ZS3 style, which is extremely thin and slender. KZ sells all of their silver/upgrade cables in both plug versions.

There are many KZ (and TRN, etc) IEMs where the ZST style doesn't fit, but the thinner ZS3 fits perfectly fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back