Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 31, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #32,911 of 63,834
I need the expertise of a resident KZ-niac.:wave:

I received a response from the seller of the EDR1 that I tried to order, and was shipped a couple EDR2 packages.
Sellers response was that the EDR1 has a black housing, and the EDR2 is silver, the only difference is the color, and they are one and the same

Anybody willing to shed some light on this and educate me?

TIA

Nope, different shell material (zinc alloy vs aluminum), and different drivers as well. The vent holes are also different between the 2 models.

The sound is 'kind of' similar between the 2, but I prefer the EDR1 much more. To me it sounds cleaner, less grainy vs the EDR2, has deeper extension on both ends, and is a little more v shaped.

I have about 8-9 EDR1s and only 2 EDR2s.

The EDR2 isn’t poor by any means, but when I let people hear the EDR1, the typical reaction is “wow” or “holy s*it, how much did you say this cost again?”. I’ve never heard that reaction from anyone on the EDR2.

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #32,912 of 63,834
I just got my edr2 and after I got it, opened it up and listened to it thru about 4-5 tracks, I rolled it up, and gently placed it in the box it came in and banished it to the shelf, probably to be never seen again.

To me it seemed the bass was really loose and flubby. I dunno it was close to edr1 sound, but wasn't as good.

Waiting on the golds to see how those are...

May 31, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #32,913 of 63,834
I just got my edr2 and after I got it, opened it up and listened to it thru about 4-5 tracks, I rolled it up, and gently placed it in the box it came in and banished it to the shelf, probably to be never seen again.

To me it seemed the bass was really loose and flubby. I dunno it was close to edr1 sound, but wasn't as good.

Waiting on the golds to see how those are...

Haha, that’s exactly what happened to my EDR2s LOL

What are the “golds” you’re referring to? Do you mean the EDSE?

May 31, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #32,914 of 63,834
You would be a rich man right now if you had a dozen sets to sell.

With a proper impedance-matched source/amp, they sound great IMO.

I have two sets of them, but prefer either the ZS6 or ZS10. I am going to listen to the pair I have out of the box some more, but unless they grow on me exponentially, I will be in the U.S. in September, and will probably bring both sets with me to sell. One set is blue and the other is grey, both bought from gearbest. So...

May 31, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #32,915 of 63,834
I have two sets of them, but prefer either the ZS6 or ZS10. I am going to listen to the pair I have out of the box some more, but unless they grow on me exponentially, I will be in the U.S. in September, and will probably bring both sets with me to sell. One set is blue and the other is grey, both bought from gearbest. So...

I'm willing to bet you will sell them both within 1 day of putting them up for sale.

May 31, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #32,916 of 63,834
Thank you @Slater I had read before about a difference between the two.
i already have 2 pair of the EDR2, wanted to try the EDR1, just a $5.00 gamble.

I'll get them before they disappear forever, just not from that particular shop.

May 31, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #32,918 of 63,834
Thank you @Slater I had read before about a difference between the two.
i already have 2 pair of the EDR2, wanted to try the EDR1, just a $5.00 gamble.

I'll get them before they disappear forever, just not from that particular shop.
Amazon has the edr1 for $6.50 prime shipped. Same seller has the edr2 for $6.80 prime shipped also. If in the us, have prime, and need them fast. If not, Sorry. :)

May 31, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #32,919 of 63,834
do anyone here has ed16 yet?

May 31, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #32,920 of 63,834
Can one of you KZ experts explain what is ment at the top of this ad for the EDR1 to me? I understand the "This time,"
but I am not adept enough at this particular brand to discern what come after "This time," AL

HTB1r7yWMXXXXXaMaXXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg

May 31, 2018 at 11:38 PM Post #32,922 of 63,834
Can one of you KZ experts explain what is ment at the top of this ad for the EDR1 to me? I understand the "This time,"
but I am not adept enough at this particular brand to discern what come after "This time," AL

I'm not a KZ expert, but I have some imagination. My translation to modern english would be:

"This time, finally, this ****ing time, we got it right. The things we did wrong in past models are now fixed, so there. As one of the few professional audio brands around, and being the competition so tough, this is it. Out patent is the crap."

May 31, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #32,923 of 63,834
Yea the SE versions. Still waiting for em.

Got it.

I'll be curious what your reaction of the EDSE is. Mine was a similar reaction to the EDR2 - not great, but not bad.

I would rate them EDR1 > EDSE > EDR2.

Make sure you mark them so you don't mix them up! The EDSE and EDR2 are almost indistinguishable. The only outward physical difference are the vent holes.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #32,924 of 63,834
OMG..! @BadReligionPunk, thanks for that heads up.
When l'm looking for KZ, I shop ebay, GB, AE, but never think about Amazon.
Sometimes I think my Wife has Amazon Prime on speed dial.

I got my ZS6 from amazon.. They cost me 45 $ but make sense to me.
AE is way cheaper.. But I like Amazon when possible mostly because of the after sale customer satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back