Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 3, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #31,816 of 63,796
Tinaudio T2

how does it stack against the Zs5 v1 and possibly ZS10? in terms of sheer resolution and instrumental separation? or it better than both of them in every aspect?

May 3, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #31,817 of 63,796
My zs10 arrived today. I thought I was doing something really stupid putting them in my ears directly after taking out my isine20. It was surprising. Price versus performance you would have never guessed that one pair retails for more than 10x the other one.

These are excellent for the price. I've not broken them in at all yet, and only listened for maybe an hour, but they really surprised me. The level of detail and staging properties are much better than other sets I've heard under 100 dollars, Dynamics are surprisingly strong as well. There are a few rough edges, but nothing that EQ can't fix or that burn in won't fix.

So far I'm not disappointed with my first kz purchase. My zsr arrives Friday, so I'll be adding them quickly....
Makes me audeze fanboy wondering why need to spend more than 10x or 20x more.

Bought over dozens of kz now.

May 3, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #31,819 of 63,796
As we speak im waiting for my Zs10 to arrive.. but i have a small question. Whats the best or maybe the closest flat + fast sounding chi-fi iem currently available in the market? ( sub50$ , because i dont believe in chi-fi over 80$ being worthy ) . by flat i mean with less peaks and a bit more mid centric sounding ( because perfect flat dont exist) than rest of the spectrum . Thank you ^_^
You can do rather well with the Yersen FEN-2000 or the TRN V20, either under $25. Neither is flat but the V is rather shallow so they allow mids to be reasonable. Nice bass and sub bass that's a bit extra but doesn't muck with the mids very much nor very often. Acceptable highs.

Not to funny but you could have bought both for about $5 more than you paid for the ZS10 unless you got a really special deal on it. And both will sound better in my opinion. I own all 3. I find the ZS10 to be quite acceptable. But for the current non-sale price of $45 to be a horrible purchase because there are much better choices. Those I've mentioned. The TIN Audio T2 for about $5 (you can get it for less if you have a spare MMCX cable).

May 3, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #31,820 of 63,796
Yes, I find the same thing! I keep on coming back to the spiced up versions of the music the ZSR serves. Also, the spicing up seems to work on every music genre!

Love the ZSR.
sonically, at least, the zsr renders the zst and zs3 obsolete, with much better mids than the former and more extension and detail than the latter. howsoever, the comfort and fit on the zst and zs3 are superior--i'm not sure why kz went with such an odd bulbous shape for the zsr. the zst does isolate very well and makes a great gym piece, esp. after removing the memory wire

May 3, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #31,821 of 63,796
I was contemplating the ZSE as a workout alternative to the EDR2s I picked up.
The EDR2 stay in my ear even with lots of moving about. For those with the ZSE how well would they stay in my ears?

for the workout (on elliptical trainer), I always use ZSE, good seal and it stays on my ear
only have EDR1 not EDR2
I like the sound of EDR1 over ZSE, but for workout i prefer ZSE

Last edited:
May 3, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #31,822 of 63,796
Is the connector (red color) sketch-1525347341660.png of the Zs10 really moving or is it just mine?

May 3, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #31,823 of 63,796
Is thwre someone of you that tried **** UE or UEs? They're custom iems made by **** and they're very affordable.
Have someone of u tried them and can say if they sound similar to any kz model?

Thank you for the answer, hoping there will be.

May 3, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #31,828 of 63,796
Is thwre someone of you that tried **** UE or UEs? They're custom iems made by **** and they're very affordable.
Have someone of u tried them and can say if they sound similar to any kz model?

Thank you for the answer, hoping there will be.
i have the ues and it's a very impressive piece--neutral and balanced. not a lot of bass impact, but very accurate and detailed. the closest kz to it would probably be something like the ed2r or ate, which are relatively balanced, but the ues is more refined. i haven't heard the ue, which is a single dynmaic and supposedly a bassier tuning.

May 3, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #31,829 of 63,796
i have the ues and it's a very impressive piece--neutral and balanced. not a lot of bass impact, but very accurate and detailed. the closest kz to it would probably be something like the ed2r or ate, which are relatively balanced, but the ues is more refined. i haven't heard the ue, which is a single dynmaic and supposedly a bassier tuning.

I like the way they are built!

May 3, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #31,830 of 63,796
Heck, I even swapped the braided KZ ZS10 cable fo the simple ZST ones.

#teamoriginalcable :p

Great, I have never had any issues with the different kinds of the KZ rubber stock cable either. The striped one coming with the ZSR is just fine. As I wrote before, I don't think the new one is much more expensive to produce, it is just different. It is an upgrade possibly in terms of reduced microphonics, but I also never had any problems with that either. In terms of tangling up and untangling it, the new one is certainly not an upgrade at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back