Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 28, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #31,576 of 63,830
Umm what trick do they need to learn? That your hand can hold 3 pairs of IEMs at a time? Hate to be a spoil sport but pretty much anyone over 5 or 6 could hold 3 pairs of IEMs in their hand. Even if all 3 pairs are the somewhat large bodied ZS10.

yes, ur welcome

x78_EyDCO46gtmELGe896-pMToAElZbLDzlHVR-Gm8lHPpEccsb3mrb9HX1cgEmv6Q0bpgM4Li9T85NiPQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

I have thd Zero Audio Tenore in my collection - Classic fave.

Can you or anyone else give a comparison against the z10.
EPH100 or Fudue A73 are others that can be compared against.

hmm, can't do.
but here short comparison
ZS10 > tenore

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #31,577 of 63,830
Has anyone modded any earphones using the MMCX connectors? they're very affordable but many complain about how wonky they are and how easy they break.
I would like to mod my KZ ATE to use detachable cable, they have a spacious casing size and the model fits perfectly the design of detachable cable earphones. I would love to mod them to use standard KZ 2 pin connectors but nobody sells them unfortunately.

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #31,578 of 63,830
I have all three.and I like my ZS6 and my ZSR. I have only had my ZST (carbon color) for a few weeks and I want to like it. So far I find vocals a bit harsh.

Edit: After saying that, I got out my ZST to give it another try and it sounds better than I remembered. Enjoying it now. Maybe I had it too loud before.
I've seen your posts on other threads. You have a number of phones and more importantly an appreciation for music in general. Zs6 or Zsr, and why, please.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #31,581 of 63,830
Good question! Complex question! What does "better" mean? Quite frankly, I could not answer this out of the hip. For sure are they very different!
Sound wise which is better? Which has the most detailed audio? From different reviews I gather that the T2 might be better imo because of the balanced sound signature. I don't particularly like V-shaped sound signatures especially considering the zs10 is more v-shaped than other kz flagships

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #31,582 of 63,830
Sound wise which is better? Which has the most detailed audio? From different reviews I gather that the T2 might be better imo because of the balanced sound signature. I don't particularly like V-shaped sound signatures especially considering the zs10 is more v-shaped than other kz flagships

Gonna take back what I said, T2 is great for majority of rock and I'm sure a bunch of stuff I don't listen to. My biggest china iem purchases are IT01, ZS10 and T2 though I do have a bunch of lesser IEMs, the only one of which I don't consider redundant is the CM5 which still has a pretty distinct sound that I enjoy vs the other 3. I would honestly suggest just getting a ZS10 and T2 instead of an IT01 if there was a choice between that. Just covers way more bases for less money.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #31,583 of 63,830

More ZS10 photos. I spent too much time taking these. I've been listening to the ZS10 so much I didn't sleep for a day.
Falling in love with an earphone is just <3

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #31,585 of 63,830
Is there actually any improvement or is it just marketing with more numbers at this stage?
In KZ's case, especially with their poor or nonexistent tuning, I'd say marketing. But yes, more can be better. You can break up the spectrum more and use each BA in just its ideal range. Limiting it to just the frequencies it reproduces well.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #31,586 of 63,830
Is there actually any improvement or is it just marketing with more numbers at this stage?
It looks like it will have 2 DD, which is what I was hoping the ZS10 would have

Speaking of the ZS10 and DD, does anyone else get driver flex, particularly on their left side? I've yet to experience driver flex on my right side, but my left side gets its fairly often when I'm trying to get a deep fit.

I made sure the 3 vents aren't plugged/getting blocked inside my ears, but still get driver flex.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #31,587 of 63,830
It looks like it will have 2 DD, which is what I was hoping the ZS10 would have

Speaking of the ZS10 and DD, does anyone else get driver flex, particularly on their left side? I've yet to experience driver flex on my right side, but my left side gets its fairly often when I'm trying to get a deep fit.

I made sure the 3 vents aren't plugged/getting blocked inside my ears, but still get driver flex.
Yes. Me too. I too use a very deep fit with them. I get it with both ears because I assumed that I was going for such a deep fit that I was effectively at least partially blocking the venting.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #31,589 of 63,830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back