Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 18, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #30,901 of 63,834
Well in that case is the TRN better in reception and connectivity compare to the KZ one? I carry my phone in a pocket so it will be close by.
Source will be my Nexus 6 with Spotify premium.

Yes, much better. I discovered a design flaw in the KZ module antenna, which causes range and interference issues. I came up with a fix for the antenna flaw, but it requires disassembly and soldering skills.

The TRN module has no such issues.

If you can do the soldering for the fix which is just scrape off a bit of PCB coating and add a short wire at that spot the KZ cable is less than half the price of the TRN cable without AptX and about a third of the price of the version with it. Under $10 for a 2-3 hr charge which makes it good enough for gym, workouts, etc. For $26 you get about 6 hours of charge and AptX making it better for situations where you'll be listening longer than an hour or two.

The fix with pictures is in this thread, posted by @Slater

Apr 18, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #30,903 of 63,834
Apr 18, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #30,908 of 63,834
So in waiting for my Zs10 to arrive, I'm wondering about these iems as I've become obsessed with them.

I currently have the zst which I don't use much anymore and the es3 which I use constantly now. The es3 fits my ear perfectly and sounds amazing to me. I use my KZ for music listening and on stage performing on drums .

Once the zs10 come in I hope to be using them constantly with the es3 as backup. After reading through some of these posts though is the ZSR worth getting if I have these 3 already? Don't want to be too repetitive. Thanks

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #30,909 of 63,834
Ali KZ store has started showing ES4 banner.

M7J2yBk.png

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #30,915 of 63,834
Zs10 is supposed to be the flagship for the year though right?
You're talking about the manufacturer which pumped out the ZS5, then the ZS5v2, then the ZS6 and now the ZS10 in less than one year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back