Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 5, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #28,831 of 63,796
ZS3: recessed trebles with very few details
ZST: U shaped, very well tuned, with detailed high (after 48h burn in) , very good bass
Let me remind everyone that ZS3 is one of the most inconsistent KZ IEM due to their shrink-tube driver nozzle inside shells.
I agree that ZS3 has recessed trebles (B9S found them better than ATE/ATR, which to me is mystery! I don`t agree at all) but treble/highs are like needles in ears sometimes with both units I have.
To me and with my gear ZS3 is clear typical consumer V-shaped IEM with recessed mids and loose "boomy" bass, even noticeable with slater mod.

ZST is quite W-shaped imo. Nice punchy detailed bass but highs are somewhat harsh because of peak. With wide-bore tips and removed nozzle mesh it becomes little better. I found best tips to be widebore Auvio S size.

I hope it will be KZs first graphene driver! But I doubt it.
Sooooooo.... See you all in about a month from now?
So, it is actually called ZS10 ?
I also hope it will be max around 50$, otherwise they really need to stand up against Tinaudio T2 and some others with higher price tag.
Why I think it will be actually under 50$ (at least in the end) - I got ZS5v1 (which is 4 driver per side) for 36$ (22$ with discount) when it launched and now goes uner 16$.
And I doubt they will tune the crossover so well that ppl will run storm about them.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #28,833 of 63,796
Let me remind everyone that ZS3 is one of the most inconsistent KZ IEM due to their shrink-tube driver nozzle inside shells.
I agree that ZS3 has recessed trebles (B9S found them better than ATE/ATR, which to me is mystery! I don`t agree at all) but treble/highs are like needles in ears sometimes with both units I have.
To me and with my gear ZS3 is clear typical consumer V-shaped IEM with recessed mids and loose "boomy" bass, even noticeable with slater mod.

Not quite. I prefer the ATR which to me is the best of the AT lineup and still one of the best KZs period. My favorite ZS3 is one of the originals (with the extra thick 2-pin setup not used on any other KZ) and does not sound quite the same as the current model. Current model isn't as smooth (especially in the mids), has more pronounced treble, and a touch more mid-bass. Shells feel like they're made from lighter, cheaper plastics too, though that could be because they're glossy vs. the matte coating of my original.

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #28,835 of 63,796
Yeah, I had a thought that You may have different earlier unit. But as far as I know, they are not available anymore.
Maybe You should add to each KZ mini-review about possible revisions and differences?

Btw, I had not measured my ZS5v1 impedance before... without cable it is ~3.7 Ohm ! O_o With KZ silver "upgrade" cable (with changed Neutrik jack) it is ~4.7 Ohm ! Freaking LOW !
Good that my DX5X has 80mA per channel output power for driving all those drivers connected in parallel. The current draw is high with ZS5v1. That`s probably main reason (as said before) why v1 sounds so drastically different with different users and source gear.

Maybe there are some shops that are able to measure ZS5 impedance and send pic? I still think there are some ZS5v1 stock left and I want one more! -.-
ZS5v2 should be around 16Ohm, so, If seller could measure and answer, probably chance to get some v1.

trn v20 is out anyone has info those hybrid iems ? are they any good ?

Sorry if I`m rude but please read Yourself too and use search box for info. You seem to post in every thread asking about different IEMs - post number collector?
Trn V20 is NOT KZ IEM and doesn`t belong into this thread (only comparisons vs. KZ).

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #28,837 of 63,796
Hearing this 1st time. TrnV10 had slightly different (more like IT03) shells compared to ZSR and drivers are different.
Anyone direct me to information that KZ produces TRN?

Mar 5, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #28,838 of 63,796
I would like to see that information as well. I've seen and listened to the V10 and it does not sound like a KZ (inferior to KZs imo, but I'm a fanboy so disregard everything I say if you so please), nor is the shell the same as any KZ currently has in use (similar to the ZSR though, but not the same). TRN's cables are great though.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #28,839 of 63,796
Bought these for my ZS6 and ZS5's. Plugged them in and a whole other level! quite pleased with this purchase .
G&V 2.5mm 4-pole Balanced Cable, Custom IEM 2 Pin Connector, 1.2m, 2PIN-2BA-SL-L
817cH2iAc0L._SL1500_.jpg

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #28,841 of 63,796
Bought these for my ZS6 and ZS5's. Plugged them in and a whole other level! quite pleased with this purchase .
G&V 2.5mm 4-pole Balanced Cable, Custom IEM 2 Pin Connector, 1.2m, 2PIN-2BA-SL-L
817cH2iAc0L._SL1500_.jpg
Is the fit good? Technically this has .78mm pins instead of .75mm. I have this for my tfz's but it'd be great if it works with the KZs I'll be (impulse) buying too.

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #28,842 of 63,796
Is the fit good? Technically this has .78mm pins instead of .75mm. I have this for my tfz's but it'd be great if it works with the KZs I'll be (impulse) buying too.
They ft perfectly (imo). didn't seem to have to insert with any undue pressure. Excellent cables, ordered 3 more for my other ZS models. I have 4 DAP's that can accommodate 2,5mm balanced so I wanted the options with my KZ'z glad I did.If I have time i can upload a picture, but I'm pretty busy today.

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #28,844 of 63,796
Ok
Here is how they fit and look. Sorry for such large photo.
Can You please measure its L/R/G impedance (and subtract multimeter leads impedance)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back