Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 5, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #28,816 of 63,802
I've briefly covered about 30 or so models on my blog.

Edit: Links in my signature below.

Edit 2: Finally added the ZS5, ZS6, and ZSR to part 3.

Sorry buddy, I always forget about your blog!

Nice job on the new models :)

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #28,817 of 63,802
So, this is a strange question and one I am sure has been answered many many times, but I am looking to purchase a pair of KZ IEMs. Now, as we're talking about KZ here price really isn't an issue. lol

For the most part, I put overall clarity over punchy in-your-face base, but I prefer a more U shaped sound signature overall though I like V as well. In your opinion, what are the best KZ IEMs in terms of clarity and overall unified performance with a removable cable?

I was looking at the ZS3s, the ZST Pros, and the ES3s.

ZS6 or ZSR

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #28,821 of 63,802
So, this is a strange question and one I am sure has been answered many many times, but I am looking to purchase a pair of KZ IEMs. Now, as we're talking about KZ here price really isn't an issue. lol

For the most part, I put overall clarity over punchy in-your-face base, but I prefer a more U shaped sound signature overall though I like V as well. In your opinion, what are the best KZ IEMs in terms of clarity and overall unified performance with a removable cable?

I was looking at the ZS3s, the ZST Pros, and the ES3s.

ZS3: recessed trebles with very few details
ZST: U shaped, very well tuned, with detailed high (after 48h burn in) , very good bass
ES3: Excellent bass, artificial voices, detailed highs but sybillant all the time (even after 80h burn in), not well tuned
ZSR: rather V shaped, better than the very good ZST, great bass, great trebles, natural voices slightly recessed (=V shaped) compared to ZS6

ZS5-2 & ZS6 are more technical, not for me V nor U shaped, with highs a bit agressive, even after 120h burn in.

I recommand for you the ZSR (around 20€, sometimes 15) or The ZST (around 12€, sometimes 10)
Price not an issue: ZSR is the best.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #28,822 of 63,802
Amazing blog! I definitly like it! Thank you so much! I already found some interesting models for myself. But, it would be cool if you added a little bit of infographics to your articles: scores on a 10-point scale (by low's, mid's, high's and overall) and Db-Hz graphics.
Anyway, thank you!
P.S. Great pics! I wonder if you photograph yourself.

Glad you enjoyed it, and yup, unless stated otherwise the pics are mine.

While I understand the value of a scoring system, I personally do not like them. I find people reply too much on the score and not enough on the experience, passing over a good earphone if the score isn't high enough. Maybe one day I'll implement a system that I agree with, but for now my blog will remain free of any sort of rating system, sorry.

Mar 5, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #28,823 of 63,802
Agreed!

So far B9 is the only person, besides me, who thinks the ED4 is a bag of laughs.

The ED4 is like doing a wheelie on a crotch-rocket down Main Street for 4 blocks straight if you can time the lights.

You wouldn't try that often but it would be fun while it lasted.

It's only a hobby folks, so don't be afraid to shake things up once in a while Maynard.

Who needs RedBull when you have a set of ED4's!
Pop those ED4's in and behold!!

I like them so much I have three of them. Well, two ED4s and a Z1 which sounds nearly the same, if not identical. Looks sick in black regardless.

*Crappy old pic of the ED4/Z1 gang. Need to re-do it and some others.*

ED4 - Z1.JPG

Mar 5, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #28,824 of 63,802
ZSR arrived the other day. Is anyone else struggling to get tips over the nozzle? The nozzle is a fair bit larger than my other KZ's, it seems to squish the silicone making it harder and less comfy in my ears.

Oh, and the text saying 'right' and 'left' is upside down which I'm finding quite irritating!

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #28,825 of 63,802
ZSR arrived the other day. Is anyone else struggling to get tips over the nozzle? The nozzle is a fair bit larger than my other KZ's, it seems to squish the silicone making it harder and less comfy in my ears.

Oh, and the text saying 'right' and 'left' is upside down which I'm finding quite irritating!
True. Better use a foam tips.
About the text upside down - really annoying s..t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back