Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 4, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #28,801 of 63,801
Has anyone written a comparison of all available kz earphones?

I've briefly covered about 30 or so models on my blog.

Edit: Links in my signature below.

Edit 2: Finally added the ZS5, ZS6, and ZSR to part 3.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #28,802 of 63,801

This is one of the best and most useful write-ups I am aware of. Made me order tons of KZ earphones.

Mar 4, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #28,804 of 63,801
Well, have just started to listen to my EDR1s that arrived a few days ago for the grand sum of £2.50 from Gearbest.

Big thanks to @Otto Motor for recommending them, they're unbelievable bang for buck!

Tons of sub bass, nice neutral mids and nice slightly elevated treble. Have been A B ing them with my new Sony mdr 100AP over ear headphones that cost me £83 and I think I prefer the EDR1s!

Have put some double flange tips on as was getting vacuum seal from hell with other tips.

I recommend anyone who hasn't bought these yet to get them whilst they are still around. Going to get a backup pair myself.
£2.50? This leaves room for the EDR2, too. And the HDS3 for another £2.50...all three are similar. The HDS3 have been found superior by headflux.de over Whathifi's perennial favourite Soundmagic E10C at £50 [I can confirm this as I own both].

And in six months from now you will be laughing your head off because all these fantastic cheapos will be gone.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #28,808 of 63,801
Good to know. ED4 is awesome :D haha

Agreed!

So far B9 is the only person, besides me, who thinks the ED4 is a bag of laughs.

The ED4 is like doing a wheelie on a crotch-rocket down Main Street for 4 blocks straight if you can time the lights.

You wouldn't try that often but it would be fun while it lasted.

It's only a hobby folks, so don't be afraid to shake things up once in a while Maynard.

Who needs RedBull when you have a set of ED4's!
Pop those ED4's in and behold!!

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #28,809 of 63,801
So, this is a strange question and one I am sure has been answered many many times, but I am looking to purchase a pair of KZ IEMs. Now, as we're talking about KZ here price really isn't an issue. lol

For the most part, I put overall clarity over punchy in-your-face base, but I prefer a more U shaped sound signature overall though I like V as well. In your opinion, what are the best KZ IEMs in terms of clarity and overall unified performance with a removable cable?

I was looking at the ZS3s, the ZST Pros, and the ES3s.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #28,810 of 63,801

Amazing blog! I definitly like it! Thank you so much! I already found some interesting models for myself. But, it would be cool if you added a little bit of infographics to your articles: scores on a 10-point scale (by low's, mid's, high's and overall) and Db-Hz graphics.
Anyway, thank you!
P.S. Great pics! I wonder if you photograph yourself.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #28,811 of 63,801
Sooooooo.... See you all in about a month from now? :grin:

ZS10.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #28,812 of 63,801
So, this is a strange question and one I am sure has been answered many many times, but I am looking to purchase a pair of KZ IEMs. Now, as we're talking about KZ here price really isn't an issue. lol

For the most part, I put overall clarity over punchy in-your-face base, but I prefer a more U shaped sound signature overall though I like V as well. In your opinion, what are the best KZ IEMs in terms of clarity and overall unified performance with a removable cable?

I was looking at the ZS3s, the ZST Pros, and the ES3s.
As for me - ZSR or ZS5 is an optimal choise for now. Models that you mensioned above are have much more "cons" then this two.
But you should not wait any punchy and really bassy sounding from KZ. ZSR is a most bassy model with a good highs at the same time for now i guess.
Or you can wait for some new models coming (i hope) soon. Mb, there gonna be some interesting ones.

Mar 5, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #28,814 of 63,801
Sooooooo.... See you all in about a month from now? :grin:

The black one looks ok-ish. I believe that these will look better irl than on photos.
A proper crossover circuitry confirmed, at least 2 BAs are in the body and hopefully have nicely done tubing (this is where KZ's shady QC must improve otherwise it will be the messiest thing ever).

I could go on a small rant regarding the unchanged cables, but at least we now know that the price is going to be kept in check.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #28,815 of 63,801
As for me - ZSR or ZS5 is an optimal choise for now. Models that you mensioned above are have much more "cons" then this two.
But you should not wait any punchy and really bassy sounding from KZ. ZSR is a most bassy model with a good highs at the same time for now i guess.
Or you can wait for some new models coming (i hope) soon. Mb, there gonna be some interesting ones.

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually am going to go with the ZSR. Was a bit hesitant because of the bright green, but I was sold when I saw they come in black as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back