Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #27,631 of 63,834
@Podster You're an Austinite? The beer for the cost of the 99 pack was reasonable. Rather decent summer beer for when you need to cool off. I did do one of the 99 packs for a party. Nobody got their keys back until morning, nor did a beer survive.

Jan 30, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #27,632 of 63,834
@Podster You're an Austinite? The beer for the cost of the 99 pack was reasonable. Rather decent summer beer for when you need to cool off. I did do one of the 99 packs for a party. Nobody got their keys back until morning, nor did a beer survive.

Indeed I am, have shut down the Draught House more times than I can count, Dog & Duck still crying to this day that they shut down the Tamale House on Airport. My eldest som is co-owner of a very cool place in South Austin (BubbaVille). I've lived all over town, my good buddy Ruben used to date Jimmy Vaghn's daughter for years. My last residence was just off 45th by the blind school. Been several 99 packs out at lake Travis for a day of Jet Skiing:)

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #27,634 of 63,834
does the KZ bluetooth cable compatible with the TFZ King? also does the latest version (4.2) support aptx and have low latency to watch movies?

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #27,636 of 63,834
Indeed I am, have shut down the Draught House more times than I can count, Dog & Duck still crying to this day that they shut down the Tamale House on Airport. My eldest som is co-owner of a very cool place in South Austin (BubbaVille). I've lived all over town, my good buddy Ruben used to date Jimmy Vaghn's daughter for years. My last residence was just off 45th by the blind school. Been several 99 packs out at lake Travis for a day of Jet Skiing:)

Must have driven by the Draught House a hundred times to go get sushi nearby. Was always a north Austin resident out by Mansfield Dam, Round Rock, Pfluggerville. Lived there 23 years until a couple years ago for family reasons.

To get back on track, I think I'll wait a few weeks to give the new ZS6 some times to properly get into stock and order during a gearbest sale. Wouldn't mind seeing the change for myself.

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #27,637 of 63,834
LOL. that is from my home town @groucho69 :beerchug:

or better yet! Chocolate Cheers:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Proud to be redundant Doc:wink: I thought the Pewter ZS6 had an upgraded cable? Looks same as it ever was in that shot?

I'm hoping that that is just an old PR photo. Otherwise, we are talking about false advertising which means things just went from bad to worse. I will give KZ the benefit of the doubt that all current shipments have a "better" cable. But more importantly we need to confirm that KZ has in fact officially stated that they will include a better cable. This thread is the first place I heard mention of it. The ZS6, being their flagship IEM, should have had it's own cable to begin with. The included cable was simply sourced from the curvy ZS3. I don't think Knowledge Zenith is as hungry as they once were.

Remember the days when you received a lover'ly shield shaped case in which the IEM was carefully packed in precision cut foam for each particular IEM (ED9, ED10, ATE,etc.). Remember the silk-like plastic bags that contained the eartips. I still have them. Knowledge Zenith always under-promised and over-delivered. Sure we can still say that that is true, but a disposable cardboard box just doesn't give you that sense that you used to get. I still use my ED9 and ED10 cases to store the earphones that came in the cases.

Bottom line:
Coming out strong sets the expectation.

Cutting corners makes one reconsider.

Great 80's track with the ES3.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #27,638 of 63,834
LOL. that is from my home town @groucho69 :beerchug:

or better yet! Chocolate Cheers:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Proud to be redundant Doc:wink: I thought the Pewter ZS6 had an upgraded cable? Looks same as it ever was in that shot?

Sorry, double post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-18-00-02-14.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-18-00-02-14.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #27,639 of 63,834
Too late, ordered my gray ones from gearbest today!

Heck Doc I still have two three shield boxes, matter a fact you can put a FiiO M3 and your ED9/10's in one:)

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #27,640 of 63,834
Too late, ordered my gray ones from gearbest today!

Heck Doc I still have two three shield boxes, matter a fact you can put a FiiO M3 and your ED9/10's in one:)

Yeah, I have five or six shield cases. It's cool you can fit a DAP and IEM in it.

I was always curious.; how much do you like your Fiio M3 and does it still get 20+ hours of use per charge?

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #27,642 of 63,834
Yeah, I have five or six shield cases. It's cool you can fit a DAP and IEM in it.

I was always curious.; how much do you like your Fiio M3 and does it still get 20+ hours of use per charge?

Thing is deader than a doorknob! Picked it up one day and it would not come on, put it on the charger and nothing. Pinged FiiO rep in here and nothing and I mean zero help. When it ran it was sweet, gave Wokei a black one and it still works great to the best of my knowledge but mine has been Catatonic for over a year now!

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #27,643 of 63,834
Thing is deader than a doorknob! Picked it up one day and it would not come on, put it on the charger and nothing. Pinged FiiO rep in here and nothing and I mean zero help. When it ran it was sweet, gave Wokei a black one and it still works great to the best of my knowledge but mine has been Catatonic for over a year now!

I think both of my ZuneHDs (2009) still work great because I use them regularly. Same with every DAP I own.

You'll probably receive your ZS6 before I receive mine so you'll know about the "better cable" thing before me. It will be interesing to hear reviews of the the ZSR. My guess is that it will sound like a more detailed ES3 with wider and deeper soundstage due to the bulbous faceplate. We'll see.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #27,644 of 63,834
IT03 is close to what I remember the ZS6 signature to be, except it doesn't have the ringing sibilance that takes forever to get used to. I still remember the ZS6 having a larger soundstage that flowed around you. I wish I still had my ZS6's — all I have is one side now .

Listening to BB King - Live at the Regal on Modi 2/Magni 3. Switching between ZS5 and IT03.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #27,645 of 63,834
I still don't see how that can be enforced. How can you copyright/trademark a *color?*
Look up UPS and how they enforce their copyright of UPS brown. Heck model makers have to pay a licensing fee just to make models of their trucks. So it can be done. At least in the USA and with an army of lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back