Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 30, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #27,616 of 63,834
Guess I've not done a good job of keeping up with KZ's future plans, is that thing suppose to be all BA's? Are all those rectangles sticking up out of those boards BA bottoms?

BTW, remember all that postulating and dreaming I was doing about the ZS6 being offered in white with brass screws? Well, looks like CA had the same idea and executed it.

BEHOLD!

_campfire_andromeda_ck____snow_white_5__25mm__35mm_1503030745_fe57f4fe.jpg
images-29.jpg
_campfire_andromeda_ck____snow_white_5__25mm__35mm_1503030744_a579e4c5.jpg
d1523098-img952x715-1512665037d2njbe10121.jpg

Couldn't you just imagine these with the vented faceplates? No offense towards CA, but I think the ZS6 in white would look even better with brass-colored mesh in the faceplate vents, especially if the ZS6 had that lover'ly satin finish.
......just sayin'

I hope KZ offers us a special edition of the ZS6 in white before they switch to the more rounded version coming in 2018. They can call it the ZS6-UE (Ultimate Edition) for their diehard fans.

Anyway, pull out your favorite KZ's and enjoy a track as you salivate, dream and hope that KZ hears us.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #27,617 of 63,834
Guess I've not done a good job of keeping up with KZ's future plans, is that thing suppose to be all BA's? Are all those rectangles sticking up out of those boards BA bottoms?

The red circuit board has SMD components that look like little grains of rice - those are the resistors and capacitors that make up the crossover network.

The BA drivers are the vertically-mounted silver rectangular ‘boxes’, about 10-20xs larger in size than the SMD components on the circuit board.

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #27,619 of 63,834
BTW, remember all that postulating and dreaming I was doing about the ZS6 being offered in white with brass screws? Well, looks like CA had the same idea and executed it.

BEHOLD!

Couldn't you just imagine these with the vented faceplates? No offense towards CA, but I think the ZS6 in white would look even better with brass-colored mesh in the faceplate vents. ......just sayin'

I hope KZ offers us a special edition of the ZS6 in white before they switch to the more rounded version coming in 2018. They can call it the ZS6-UE (Ultimate Edition) for their diehard fans.

Anyway, pull out your favorite KZ's and enjoy a track as you salivate, dream and hope that KZ hears us.

I don’t think it would be wise to keep copying color combinations of CA - this is why they were forced to discontinue the green color.

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #27,620 of 63,834

BEHOLD!

Couldn't you just imagine these with the vented faceplates? No offense towards CA, but I think the ZS6 in white would look even better with brass-colored mesh in the faceplate vents, especially if the ZS6 had that lover'ly satin finish.
......just sayin'

I bet the ZS6 in Matte finish Snow White (Brass or Copper) screws would look better than those CA's! THX for posting that one of Amy and the boys, she has a great voice:wink:

THX for posting the breakdown @Slater :beerchug:

Jan 30, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #27,621 of 63,834
I don’t think it would be wise to keep copying color combinations of CA - this is why they were forced to discontinue the green color.

hmmmmmm.......

9515859.jpg
618Qva2UVvL._SL1500_.jpg

Funny thing is I actually prefer KZ's emerald green to CA's algae green.
Andromeda-7-1024x743.jpg

20171129_131230.jpg

Let's just hope they're listening.

Attachments

• Second+Australia+shark+attack+02.jpg
    Second+Australia+shark+attack+02.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #27,623 of 63,834
I bet the ZS6 in Matte finish Snow White (Brass or Copper) screws would look better than those CA's! THX for posting that one of Amy and the boys, she has a great voice:wink:

THX for posting the breakdown @Slater :beerchug:

Yeah, I bet copper would look great as well, especially if they shipped it with a copper upgrade cable like the iBasso CB13. Basically a copper version of the second image.

DOmpkc8XcAEF_xr.jpg
61CAVPVJXpL._SY400_.jpg

Jan 30, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #27,624 of 63,834
Why is it that IEM makers are going down the multiple-driver route when the larger forms (buds, on-ears, over-ears, etc) continue to make do with one?

Jan 30, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #27,625 of 63,834
hmmmmmm.......

Don't burst my bubble just yet

jk.....jk

Funny thing is I actually prefer KZ's emerald green to CA's algae green.

Well they are for sure not a direct copy, where the cable meets the CA the housing is round and if you look the ZS6 is squared off next to the body of the shell, the side indicator is located down on the next tier of the KZ, CA is MMCX vs. 2 pin, the nozzle appears to be stainless (appears being the key word here) and beefier on the CA, screws on the CA seem beefier as well with smaller star inserts. Legally I don't think CA has a leg to stand on when it comes to copy rights! Sure they are similar in shell design but far from a direct copy IMO.

The CA's in this shot really look heavy or at least heavier than my ZS6's, I know the weights are minute but things do add up. Pretty sure an MMCX connection is heavier than a 2 pin setup. Heck we may eventually find out both CA and KZ ZS5/6 shells come off the same production line somewhere:open_mouth: Just sayin' even if that is far fetched:rolling_eyes: Don't tell CA but I actually find the fit/finish and final execution on the ZS6 to be cleaner than either the white or gray pair Doc posted. Probably have a contract put out on me for that statement alone:fearful:

Seriously Clean:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously Clean.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #27,626 of 63,834
Why is it that IEM makers are going down the multiple-driver route when the larger forms (buds, on-ears, over-ears, etc) continue to make do with one?

It's likely because there is a great deal of praise in the upper tiers of IEMs that contain BAs because of the noticeable increase in resolution. Nobody wants to be perceived as obsolete or passe so to keep up with the Jones' they follow suit. Balanced armatures definitely offer a great option for IEMs but graphene an beryllium DD's are pushing the envelope and improving what DD's can offer as well.

Some folks don't care for the analytical nature of BAs. They prefer the warmth and fullness a DD can deliver and of course the opposite is true. Then we have the hybrids. In the end it's all about preference and choice.

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #27,627 of 63,834
Well they are for sure not a direct copy, where the cable meets the CA the housing is round and if you look the ZS6 is squared off next to the body of the shell, the side indicator is located down on the next tier of the KZ, CA is MMCX vs. 2 pin, the nozzle appears to be stainless (appears being the key word here) and beefier on the CA, screws on the CA seem beefier as well with smaller star inserts. Legally I don't think CA has a leg to stand on when it comes to copy rights! Sure they are similar in shell design but far from a direct copy IMO.

The CA's in this shot really look heavy or at least heavier than my ZS6's, I know the weights are minute but things do add up. Pretty sure an MMCX connection is heavier than a 2 pin setup. Heck we may eventually find out both CA and KZ ZS5/6 shells come off the same production line somewhere:open_mouth: Just sayin' even if that is far fetched:rolling_eyes: Don't tell CA but I actually find the fit/finish and final execution on the ZS6 to be cleaner than either the white or gray pair Doc posted. Probably have a contract put out on me for that statement alone:fearful:

Seriously Clean:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Once again, I am redundant because we are in total agreement and I bet a satin white ZS6 would, to my eyes, look better than the CA I posted. No offense CA.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #27,628 of 63,834
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #27,630 of 63,834

LOL. that is from my home town @groucho69 :beerchug:

or better yet! Chocolate Cheers:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Double Down.JPG

Proud to be redundant Doc:wink: I thought the Pewter ZS6 had an upgraded cable? Looks same as it ever was in that shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back