Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #27,016 of 63,832
Is the treble on the ZSR just as piercing as on the ZS6?

The treble is similar, maybe a few % less on the ZSR. My test song was "Ace Of Base - The Sign" (yay 90's).

I don't find it piercing though, depends on the song really. YMMV.
Also, Foam tips can help tame the treble on the ZSR.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #27,017 of 63,832
I'm not sure i want the pressure of people spending money because of me lol. I'm just writing my opinion. i hope you'd like it too and if you don't then don't yell at me haha :dt880smile:
I am not a person who likes to blame someone because of such things :) Anyway I'm not very picky listener :) If ZSR sound close to zs6 and if it have more bass - 80-90% i'll like it :)

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #27,020 of 63,832
I checked the KZ official AliExpress store yesterday. It's not available anymore.
I read that when I ordered my ZST in limited edition Joker print in December that they're only releasing 200 a month. Here's a link to the dead (no longer available) listing on KZ's store on Ali, where those curious can see the 3 limited edition prints, and mention of the "limited edition of the monthly 200" for those curious. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...uetooth-Cable-Wings-Joker-OP/32848167031.html

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #27,021 of 63,832
I read that when I ordered my ZST in limited edition Joker print in December that they're only releasing 200 a month. Here's a link to the dead (no longer available) listing on KZ's store on Ali, where those curious can see the 3 limited edition prints, and mention of the "limited edition of the monthly 200" for those curious. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...uetooth-Cable-Wings-Joker-OP/32848167031.html
I was really confused by that broken english from the KZ store. I thought they meant only the first 200 orders will get the discount

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #27,022 of 63,832
I was really confused by that broken english from the KZ store. I thought they meant only the first 200 orders will get the discount
I did see them become available for about a week at the beginning of the year as well (although I don't remember if the price was $12 or $30), but things can definitely get lost in translation, so who really knows.

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #27,023 of 63,832
I did see them become available for about a week at the beginning of the year as well (although I don't remember if the price was $12 or $30), but things can definitely get lost in translation, so who really knows.
I'd love to get all 3 styles, or at least the wings and joker ones. But if they are $30 I wouldn't as they aren't *that* unique.

Jan 18, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #27,024 of 63,832
Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #27,028 of 63,832
So if you own the Zs6, would be ZSR a upgrade, downgrade or the same?

Sidegrade.

A sidegrade is what I am expecting. I love my ZS6 but from what people are saying I think the ZSR is worth adding to the "collection." It won't sound the same. Of course I do not NEED it but I really like the look of that translucent green:) I only wish they had done a deep translucent purple - amethyst. That would have been even better! A deep translucent amber would also be nice. Something like these images:

images

images

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #27,029 of 63,832
I'd love to get all 3 styles, or at least the wings and joker ones. But if they are $30 I wouldn't as they aren't *that* unique.

The $30 does not bother me because I think the ZST is worth thirty, I've contacted He Yue at KZ store and he has put me on a contact list for the next production run of the Ltd. Ed ZST's. Told him I was interested in the Joker and OP Dreams and he said he would make me a deal on all three if I wanted them of course he's also seen my massive KZ collection and I'm sure he is anxious to help me keep building:rolling_eyes: LOL

Jan 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #27,030 of 63,832
I checked the KZ official AliExpress store yesterday. It's not available anymore.

You could always paint a regular set - just protect with a top coat of mod podge or clear acrylic nail polish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back