Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #26,927 of 63,834
Imho no tamed highs are an absolute plus point. Now let's get gear best to go down in price
man, they JUST came out and already y'all are, "give us a discount!!" lol.

Jan 16, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #26,928 of 63,834
There are too much cons on thephonograph's review for make them interesting.

I was thinking to buy a pair of ZSR if the isolation was in league with the ZS3, and so better than the ZS6 on that, but don't seem so at all. Better wait for the ZS3 hybrid.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #26,929 of 63,834
...or get ZS3 for 6.76$ and mod it with whatever You want (ZS3 is just so freakin comfy!) :p
Btw, I have made some progress with ZS3 modding and tuning. Still lot to do but I think it will be "killer" considered components total price, comfort and looks.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #26,930 of 63,834
Just received a few spinfits. Smaller bores than the KZ ZS5 stock ones. The CP220 M2 does well with these, both comfort & sound wise. I think they remove quite a bit of harshness (no mod required). I wasn't all that bothered by the high spike after several weeks of use though.

One big plus is the tightness of the fit which makes up for the lack of a lip on the KZ5. I occassionaly got my tips stuck in my ear and it's a terrible feeling!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #26,931 of 63,834
Exactly! That's why I used the KZZSR coupon code and paid $16.99. Still an excellent deal.
I Was able to get my order placed yesterday.
My biggest problem is doing the math for the time zones.

Let's See...:heavy_plus_sign:8 hours GMT..:heavy_minus_sign: 7 Hours GMT,...:heavy_plus_sign:What day is it on the Calendar? Carry the 0ne minus 6.....Oh Hell! too Late... Missed the sale Again LOL :astonished:

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #26,933 of 63,834
Congrats, great buy! I like my zs6 too :)
I ordered my ZSR yesterday, but I am really liking my ZS6 at the moment.
No Mods, just foam tips using @Slater 's source for generic foamies.

I did learn something from a post from Professor Slater I believe.
About picking one pair, (any iem) to walk out the door with, and listen to the same pair for the day.
I am admittedly bad about doing that. When I leave for work in the morning, I have no less than 4, usually 6 pairs in my bag. and tend to use multiple in one day (for no apparent reason).

Listening to my ZS6 as my only iem yesterday and even into the evening, I grew more appreciation for their capabilities.

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #26,934 of 63,834
Hi all. Got Pizen BT cable today. It do supports APT-X.
Can one really hear the difference between a cable that supports APT-X and one that doesn't?
Also, where did you buy yours?

Jan 16, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #26,936 of 63,834
Update: I know that the memory wire on the ZS6 is supposed to help keep the earphones secure in your ears, but in my case it rather pushes the earpiece out of my ears. I wear glasses so it's really hard for me to mold the wires to the shape of my ears. Would've really preferred a cable without the memory wire at the top.

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #26,937 of 63,834
Update: I know that the memory wire on the ZS6 is supposed to help keep the earphones secure in your ears, but in my case it rather pushes the earpiece out of my ears. I wear glasses so it's really hard for me to mold the wires to the shape of my ears. Would've really preferred a cable without the memory wire at the top.

Like a lot of us, you can "mod" the cable, just cut the thermoretractile tube with some little scissors and remove the thin wire, just like in the picture, and yeah, for me an a lot others is way better
hc5PEmr.jpg

Attachments

• photo5690434653764298665.jpg
    photo5690434653764298665.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #26,938 of 63,834

About picking one pair, (any iem) to walk out the door with, and listen to the same pair for the day.
I am admittedly bad about doing that. When I leave for work in the morning, I have no less than 4, usually 6 pairs in my bag. and tend to use multiple in one day (for no apparent reason).

Listening to my ZS6 as my only iem yesterday and even into the evening, I grew more appreciation for their capabilities.

I can well understand that. I usually A/B my KZ ED9 with other IEMs which created this under-appreciation for the ED9. I remember one day I just started using the ED9 for commute and nothing else, and at one point throughout the day I suddenly grew conscious of how good my music sounded with the ED9. It was like a subtle reminder about why I liked the sound of the ED9 in the first place. Same thing applies with all the things you use on a daily basis. For example I bought this laptop-tablet hybrid (Acer Switch Alpha 12) because I knew how good it was, but using it for an year has made me forget about how good this tablet is..... until I recently cracked part of the screen......

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #26,939 of 63,834
Like a lot of us, you can "mod" the cable, just cut the thermoretractile tube with some little scissors and remove the thin wire, just like in the picture, and yeah, for me an a lot others is way better
hc5PEmr.jpg

I think I might do that, or I might just buy the silver cable.

Jan 16, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #26,940 of 63,834

Wow! 5-6 pairs is something new for me :) At the moment i have only KZ ZS6 and pair of Sennheisers - eH150 and HD449 (i like to have iem and big ones, you know, to use them depending on the mood) but actually after buying KZ i use only zs6. They are almost perfect for me :) Especially cuz i have not much money for now :)
Cheap foam ear cups + zs6 + smsl ivy = i like the sound of my Chineese android :)
So, i guess, zs6 is very good headphones and very universal ones :)
P.S. Sorry, maybe my english is not good enough :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back