Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 13, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #26,852 of 63,801
"The ZSR does have a monitor like sound. It's not like an ultra v-shaped kind of sound. It's more mid to high with a sense of a warmth. The high-peak is there, but somehow can be tamed with burn-in.
The airy feeling is good, and it managed to put my overworked ZS6 into the drawer. These IEM's did very well and now became my daily drivers."

Hope this helps

Its 引き出した not 引き出し so he isn't talking about putting it away in a drawer :p

Interesting that don-shyari means v shaped though

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #26,853 of 63,801
Hey Guys. I am thinking on which earphone should I buy. I have recently bought the kz zs6, the sound was awesome but the highs were too high. anyways, I managed to lose the pair :frowning2:
I have some more KZ earphones such as the ED9 ATR ZST ZSE & tested the ZS3 (my friend has those). From all of these I mostly prefer my ZST's, I think I didnt like them at first but after long burn-in they sound pretty nice now.

My problem is, I accidentally broke 1 of the ZST's earphones (a cable inside disconnected from where it should be) but I can try and fix it (dont know if it will).

To give you a better look at my preference these are the order of my earphones:
1st place I would give to the ZST, 2nd- my galaxy s8 stock earphones, 3rd- ZS3, 4th- ZSE, 5th- ATR, 6th- ED9. I think all are good except the ED9, I really didnt like their sound.

After what I wrote, My question is- which earphones should I buy?, I am a KZ fan, but not KZ will be okay too. Thanks! (should I re-purchase the zs6?)

Jan 13, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #26,854 of 63,801
Hey Guys. I am thinking on which earphone should I buy. I have recently bought the kz zs6, the sound was awesome but the highs were too high. anyways, I managed to lose the pair :frowning2:
I have some more KZ earphones such as the ED9 ATR ZST ZSE & tested the ZS3 (my friend has those). From all of these I mostly prefer my ZST's, I think I didnt like them at first but after long burn-in they sound pretty nice now.

My problem is, I accidentally broke 1 of the ZST's earphones (a cable inside disconnected from where it should be) but I can try and fix it (dont know if it will).

1st place I would give to the ZST, 2nd- my galaxy s8 stock earphones, 3rd- ZS3, 4th- ZSE, 5th- ATR, 6th- ED9. I think all are good except the ED9, I really didnt like their sound.

After what I wrote, My question is- which earphones should I buy?, I am a KZ fan, but not KZ will be okay too. Thanks! (should I re-purchase the zs6?)

try the KZ5. i've tried the version 1, i quite like it. to my ears the highs are a little abundant in amount, but not sibilant or piercing

Jan 13, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #26,855 of 63,801
Can someone confirm this, I've been messing with some KZ cables and lost track of +/- somewhere along the way.

The exact polarity when you have IEM in your ears is this and obviously R-L branding is not facing your head?
Left side positive towards front, negative back
Right side negative towards front, positive back
yes, R-L letters outside (except with the colored -gold, orange, grey- cables), left & right back (rounded connection), ground front (flat connection).

KZ ES3 could fit your preferences, and they are cheap (wait for a discount, check gearbest discounts threads).

Jan 13, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #26,856 of 63,801

You've had a lot of KZ so I'd suggest you try the EMI C1880 or the Urbanfun hybrid

Jan 13, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #26,857 of 63,801
You've had a lot of KZ so I'd suggest you try the EMI C1880 or the Urbanfun hybrid

And Swing IE800. Good all arounder

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #26,859 of 63,801
Original BT cable (v2) has no APT-X and has this audioprofile:
"Audio SBC (44100 48000 | Stereo JointStereo | block: 12 16 | subbands: 8 | allocation: Loudness | bitpool: 2..52)"
and phone choses configuration
"Audio SBC (44100 | JointStereo | block: 16 | subbands: 8 | allocation: Loudness | bitpool: 19..52)"

BTW, BT cable reports about 2 possible configurations (audio profiles), but they are the same, may be there is an error in firmware and second one should be APT-X.

Pizen cable arrives soon (Started customs clearance process)

FYI: I found a nice explanation about apt-x that could explain the slightly theoretical longer batterylife of the pizen BT-cable, but also higher quality sound. The problem APT-x has on the pizen cable, is that you do not know when APT-x is active, not even when both devices are APT-x enabled.

https://www.cnet.com/news/can-aptx-give-you-better-sound-over-bluetooth/

I am still interested in your first impressions ofcourse, just thought I'd share the info in the link.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #26,860 of 63,801
Grabbed a photo from twitter and taobao website, the emerald green really looks nice. No technical impressions provided though..
TB21A5xmL6H8KJjy0FjXXaXepXa_!!0-rate.jpg_400x400.jpg
zsr.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #26,861 of 63,801
Someone should warn you before you get into KZs that you are going to have to STORE these things or they will become a tangly desktop nightmare...and cases are fine and all for travel, but you can't SEE the IEMs....
so I got these at the dollar store....

and then did this:

Thanks, I bought a pack to try out. The case is relatively slim and flimsy but they fit. I also found another option, a little bulkier at almost twice the height (1.78"), but the price was right. $0.49 if you have a Menards hardware store near you. They are on clearance. They are quick an easy to open and close, and stack together.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-...-c-9189.htm?tid=-2535865861111253033&ipos=158

Or containerstore also has some called lock-ups, which appear to be the same thing.
https://www.containerstore.com/s/gift-packaging/containers/lock-ups/12d?productId=10028612
245-2030.jpg

There was also a mention of tins, those might be nice as well. I found some here, but have not bought any.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/gi.../shallow-seamless-tins/12d?productId=10030953

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #26,863 of 63,801
Grabbed a photo from twitter and taobao website, the emerald green really looks nice. No technical impressions provided though..

Hmmm.... @ 1st pic it looks nice but 2nd pic shows them too "light" coloured ;S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back