Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 9, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #26,777 of 63,834
Quite liking the ZS6, seems much easier to drive than the ZS5, which is a win.

Different tip preferences between the two, which is puzzling me

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #26,778 of 63,834
One thing I know about the ZS6 (and to a lesser extent the ZS5) is that I have to use different tips to normal, for all other IEMs, I end up using wide bore large MandarinES tips, but if I do that with these KZ IEMs, my ears quite literally get incenerated by the super hot treble, so I have to down size to the normal bore medium MandarinES...

These are most definitely the most tip dependent IEMs that I've ever owned.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #26,779 of 63,834
Quite liking the ZS6, seems much easier to drive than the ZS5, which is a win.

Different tip preferences between the two, which is puzzling me
sure zs6 is easier to drive than zs5 v1.
you can find their impedance curve in this thread, along with their fr when using different tips (nice effect of foam tips on zs6 to tame their highs peaks) (search from my posts)

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #26,780 of 63,834
Jan 9, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #26,781 of 63,834
Great resource hakuzen!

Shame that this thread is for all the models KZ make, your post could easily be a first post sticky if this was a dedicated thread!

Thank you!

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #26,782 of 63,834
Great resource hakuzen!

Shame that this thread is for all the models KZ make, your post could easily be a first post sticky if this was a dedicated thread!

Thank you!
my pleasure.. not for a sticky, but liked to join these posts because they were too dispersed and difficult to find.
i've got many kzs models around.. when my last rig is ready, i'll might measure all them (fr and impedance) to create a sticky, if suitable.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #26,783 of 63,834
One doubt. I had buyed a Xioami piston colorful edition on gearbest more than a year Ago. At the time i only had KZ ate. The pistons 3 Where praised so well that i expected them to be on par or best than my KZ. I did some research and the pistons colorful edition should sound the same or close to original pistons 3. Well, i was Very dissapointed when they arrived. They Just sounded bad, with a Very low volume and with no punch. Anyone listened to these colorful Edition ? I heard someone talk well about pistons fresh Edition and It made me remind this. Maybe i got s falsefied piston ? They sounded so cheap by the time that i have never touched them again, and i think i lost them. They were Very cheap $$, so i was'nt actually mad, bit they were supossed to sound Very good. And they sounded Just like a earbud that comes with a ordinary smartphone. Like the Samsungs That comes with Galaxy S3, s4 etc. This is How they Would sound ? Or maybe New pistons deserve a bet. They could make a good gift.

Jan 9, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #26,784 of 63,834
i got one cable at least of every kind of replaceable ones for KZs.
My fav one (best conductivity, light and comfortable) is:
HTB1bl9GPXXXXXb6aXXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...ord-3-5mm-3-pole-Jack-for-KZ/32788061546.html (the clear one!)

note that this one is completely different to the one sold by gearbest: note the black rings in the plug (vs white rings in gearbest's); conductivity is double than gearbest's. it works with KZs ZST, ES3, ZS5, ZS6, etc. and sits flush.
I think this one not compatible with ZS5 cause of the different connector

Jan 9, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #26,785 of 63,834
Jan 10, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #26,786 of 63,834
Don't know how legit this is, but I just found this earphone on eBay called the QKZ CK5 and it looks EXACTLY like the KZ ES3 but rebranded as "QKZ".
Do you know what's crazy though? Apparently they only cost $3! That's right, three bucks!!! :astonished::astonished:

Regardless whether they're legit or not, I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy them just cause it's only $3. Once I get them, I will report back on here whether if it's fake or real. I'm really hoping on the latter as the original ES3 costs like 5x the price of that, so $3 would basically be considered free :grin:

Here's the link if anyone else wants to take the risk: https://www.ebay.com/itm/QKZ-CK5-Sp...dphones-Transparent-Bass-Earbuds/382289320952

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #26,787 of 63,834
I think this one not compatible with ZS5 cause of the different connector
you ought to try, instead of thinking and guessing..
zs5v1-01.jpg

Thanks for all your measurements!

Speaking of cables, does anyone know of a ZS6/ZS5/ZS3 upgrade cable with a microphone and or controls. I really miss not being able to answer the phone and/or skip tracks with my silver upgrade cable.
you're welcome. i don't know if that cable exists, but remember kz pins diameter is about 0.72mm.
"standard" 0.78mm 2-pin cables (you can find these cables with mic) would force the holes, if you manage to fit them, and kz cables will be loose after that.

Jan 10, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #26,788 of 63,834
One doubt. I had buyed a Xioami piston colorful edition on gearbest more than a year Ago. At the time i only had KZ ate. The pistons 3 Where praised so well that i expected them to be on par or best than my KZ. I did some research and the pistons colorful edition should sound the same or close to original pistons 3. Well, i was Very dissapointed when they arrived. They Just sounded bad, with a Very low volume and with no punch. Anyone listened to these colorful Edition ? I heard someone talk well about pistons fresh Edition and It made me remind this. Maybe i got s falsefied piston ? They sounded so cheap by the time that i have never touched them again, and i think i lost them. They were Very cheap $$, so i was'nt actually mad, bit they were supossed to sound Very good. And they sounded Just like a earbud that comes with a ordinary smartphone. Like the Samsungs That comes with Galaxy S3, s4 etc. This is How they Would sound ? Or maybe New pistons deserve a bet. They could make a good gift.
loved the pistons 3 (bought about 10 pairs, kept 2 of them). but true piston 3 are discontinued, or can't find them anywhere at least. many models have inherited "piston" name, from the same manufacturer, but guess none is like original piston 3.
anyway, i think some cheaper kz iems are better overall than piston 3, so i don't miss them.

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:13 AM Post #26,789 of 63,834
loved the pistons 3 (bought about 10 pairs, kept 2 of them). but true piston 3 are discontinued, or can't find them anywhere at least. many models have inherited "piston" name, from the same manufacturer, but guess none is like original piston 3.
anyway, i think some cheaper kz iems are better overall than piston 3, so i don't miss them.

Thx for the answer and sorry if this is off topict, i thought i was in another thread LoL.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #26,790 of 63,834
Don't know how legit this is, but I just found this earphone on eBay called the QKZ CK5 and it looks EXACTLY like the KZ ES3 but rebranded as "QKZ".
Do you know what's crazy though? Apparently they only cost $3! That's right, three bucks!!! :astonished::astonished:

Regardless whether they're legit or not, I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy them just cause it's only $3. Once I get them, I will report back on here whether if it's fake or real. I'm really hoping on the latter as the original ES3 costs like 5x the price of that, so $3 would basically be considered free :grin:

Here's the link if anyone else wants to take the risk: https://www.ebay.com/itm/QKZ-CK5-Sp...dphones-Transparent-Bass-Earbuds/382289320952
That came out even before the ES3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back