Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 5, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #26,671 of 63,802
Just received some foam tips I order from AE.
Ordered 1 pair of T300 M Grey and 1 pair of T400 M Blue for just $1.78.
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...32773491286.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.mJHGCS

The T300 fits the ZS5 perfectly. Was quite easy to get them on the nozzle, expected it to be a bit tighter. The grey looks kinda white though compared to my grey ZS5, so not a perfect color match but it's ok.
Still have to try the blue T400, will try to use them on my candy ZST.
IMG_20171227_181437.jpg

You copycat! :p

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #26,672 of 63,802
Can the Silver ZST cable fit the ZS6?

In the aliexpress zs6 page, when you click on the silver cable upgrade, it redirects you to the ZST cable... and only now reading trough foruns I found that there is a difference...

http://tiny.cc/qlyxpy

Beware!

Btw, what it's the best upgrade of the cable in terms of microphonics and comfort, I loved the cable of mine rca m750i, although a bit rugged.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #26,674 of 63,802
HD-681 with HW amplitude corrector, changed cable and some pad rolling/changing are total beasts for the money.
I have modded my pair and they are not so good as my X1 but damn they make You think about price vs. perf level, they are very good when modded and I would say even "beat" many >100$ cans easily !

...but fellas, this is KZ thread - return to subject! :wink:

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #26,675 of 63,802
Well, 30 years in the fine jewelry business didn't help LOL. It's really the only "jewelry" that I wear. Being around fine jewelry all of the time (and with it the ability to buy or make anything I wanted at wholesale cost) made jewelry very "boring" and uninteresting if you know what I mean. So I never really wore any jewelry, but I always liked watches, so that's my guilty jewelry pleasure.

And I'm talking TASTEFUL watches, not the ridiculous oversized "my watch is bigger than your watch" ones that celebrities wear (that look like a hardware store or steampunk junk collection, passed off as a "watch"). That's the point when a watch ceases to be a watch and is called a CLOCK.

I prefer the thinnest but that does not seem to be in style at present. My fav is a thin Citizen Eco Drive.

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #26,676 of 63,802
I prefer the thinnest but that does not seem to be in style at present. My fav is a thin Citizen Eco Drive.

I love Eco Drives, but I no longer have mine :frowning2:

For thin I have always been partial to Skagen. My fav thin is the full titanium 809XLTTM, with carbon fiber chronograph dial:

Skagen 809XLTTM.jpg

So light and thin! I forget I'm even wearing a watch. And the Skagen mesh bands have always been awesome since the 1st day I saw one decades ago (I was thinking "how on earth do they manufacture this??")

And to stay on topic, I wonder if KZ will ever make an IEM that uses carbon fiber or titanium? Sure, the cost will be a little higher, but not too much higher because IEMs are still very small and thus wouldn't use much material. They could easily use a tube of CF as a body for something like the ED or HDS series. Or in place of the wood accents like Magaosi BK35 or BK50.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #26,677 of 63,802
I love Eco Drives, but I no longer have mine :frowning2:

For thin I have always been partial to Skagen. My fav is the full titanium 809XLTTM, with carbon fiber chronograph dial:

So light and thin! I forget I'm even wearing a watch. And the Skagen shark mesh bands have always been awesome since the 1st day I saw one decades ago.

And to stay on topic, I wonder if KZ will ever make an IEM that uses carbon fiber or titanium? Sure, the cost will be a little higher, but not too much higher because IEMs are still very small and thus wouldn't use much material. They could easily use a tube of CF as a body for something like the ED or HDS series. Or in place of wood accents like Magaosi uses on the BK35 or BK50.

I'll always keep my Skagen's and the knock offs too.

KZ carbon fiber sounds like a great idea!

Jan 5, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #26,680 of 63,802
Cheap to replace

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #26,682 of 63,802
Btw, what it's the best upgrade of the cable in terms of microphonics and comfort, I loved the cable of mine rca m750i, although a bit rugged.
This style, IMHO

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-...Cable-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable/32842791429.html

This is the newer style cable that does not come in a white KZ box with the cable inside a translucent whitish plastic bag. I don't believe there's any sound difference versus the basic stock KZ cables, either with or without a microphone, but the softer braided cable lies better and doesn't have a microphonic issue. At least as I'm using it. You can even find it with the angled ZST style connector. I just did a search on Aliexpress.com for "KZ upgrade cable" to find the style. The link I gave probably isn't the cheapest, it was just the first that wasn't from the seller who is not to be mentioned. Be careful when searching, there are cables with MMCX connectors instead of a pair of pins that have the same description. I have a couple of those I'm using on non KZ IEMs that I like.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #26,683 of 63,802
Standardly you only need to worry about a dead watch battery if you ignore it for quite some time. Automatics are good if it's your daily watch too. My favorite watch is wound, but quite large and I'm protective of it due to it being a tourbillon, albeit using an inexpensive chinese movement. Really hope to see sub-200 tourbillons someday.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #26,684 of 63,802
Help me!!!

I'm now twitching since you fine folks have been fuelling my watch acquisition jones.

I don't know why, because I go through periods of years without even wearing a watch...

Jan 5, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #26,685 of 63,802
Help me!!!

I'm now twitching since you fine folks have been fuelling my watch acquisition jones.

I don't know why, because I go through periods of years without even wearing a watch...

A man without a watch is not dressed. Or so I've been told...likely by a watch salesman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back