Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 4, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #26,656 of 63,802
I may be shooting in the dark here, but I'm wondering if there is anyone that owns/has owned KZ ZS3 and also owns/has owned the VSonic GR02 BE (Bass Edition)? Looking for a comparison of sound.

It's been years since I had mine, but those VSonic GR02 BE's have been my favorite IEMs sub $30. I really enjoy the V-shaped sound and the bass (especially the mid/lower end without being too muddy). They finally have started to crap out on me, so just looking at similar options.

Thanks in advance,

~ Im2bz2p :)
Just buy 'em:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...9-mi-piston-3-99.832367/page-72#post-13953241
$4.99 with the code in the post. Free (but SLOW) shipping.

I paid 10x more for my Mee Audio M6 Pro, which I like 96.57% less...

Jan 4, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #26,657 of 63,802
Jan 4, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #26,658 of 63,802
Well, at that price, it doesn't even make sense to think twice.

Just went for it! Thanks for the link to the super sale.

~ Im2bz2p :)
You might not thank me later... Gearbest is almost as addicting as Head-Fi. I just ordered the Superlux HD681 listed just below the ZS3 in the link I gave, along with a $12 multimeter. In the past I bought 3.99 quartz watches, a 5.99 smartwatch I wear every day, light bulbs, guitar tools, you name it.

Good Lord have mercy on my soul...

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #26,659 of 63,802
You might not thank me later... Gearbest is almost as addicting as Head-Fi. I just ordered the Superlux HD681 listed just below the ZS3 in the link I gave, along with a $12 multimeter. In the past I bought 3.99 quartz watches, a 5.99 smartwatch I wear every day, light bulbs, guitar tools, you name it.

I know what you mean. Lots of great KZ deals from Gearbest!

FYI, the Naviforce brand of analog quartz watches are very nice - well constructed, very reliable, functional chronological dials (vs fake chrono dials on a lot of low end Chinese watches), features usually found on higher end watches (like AR coated crystals and genuine carbon fiber dials), and very affordable. They have a lot of styles available, in numerous color combinations.

Gearbest has great prices on them, but occasionally I go to eBay for better price, other colors, or additional styles not available from Gearbest.

They’re great as everyday casual “beater” watches, and I gave one to my dad because he commented about how much he liked my watch one day.

I own about 7-8 of them (among many other watches, including some high end watches for dress occasions). I change out the stock bands on the Naviforces sometimes, for better looks or more functionality.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #26,660 of 63,802

FYI, the Naviforce brand of watches is very nice - well constructed, very reliable, functional chronological dials (vs fake chrono dials on a lot of low end Chinese watches), and very affordable. They have a lot of styles available, in numerous color combinations.

They’re great as everyday casual “beater” watches, and I gave one to my dad because he commented about how much he liked my watch one day.

I own about 7-8 of them (among many other watches, including some high end watches for dress occasions). I change out the stock bands on the Naviforces sometimes, for better looks or more functionality.
As far as watches go I have the cheap DZ09 clone I got to replace my first gen Moto 360 that had a failing battery. The other was a Panda-shaped novelty watch for my daughter.

I figure as long as they tell time and don't turn your wrist green, they are worth more than what I paid. The "smart" features work pretty well. Kind of fun talking to someone on my wrist and leaving the phone in my pocket.

I'll have to check out the Naviforce brand...

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #26,661 of 63,802

You'll love the superlux they're one of the best value purchases I've made in audio. They're bright but sound so much more expensive than their cost. They're very plastic, come in cheap packaging but sound so so good IMO

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #26,662 of 63,802

Beg for mercy on your wallet

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #26,663 of 63,802

FYI, the Naviforce brand of watches is very nice - well constructed, very reliable, functional chronological dials (vs fake chrono dials on a lot of low end Chinese watches), features usually found on higher end watches (like AR coated crystals and genuine carbon fiber dials), and very affordable. They have a lot of styles available, in numerous color combinations.

Gearbest has great prices on them, but occasionally I go to eBay for better price, other colors, or additional styles not available from Gearbest.

Should we be surprised that you are addicted to watches as well? I'm down to 10 now. I gave away 30 or so.

Jan 4, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #26,664 of 63,802
I think (especially for those into Chi-Fi) it's like having a watch collection: everyday you pick a different one to take out.
or pens. or skateboard shoes...or....any number of cool Ish that can be had for very little...

Jan 5, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #26,665 of 63,802
Should we be surprised that you are addicted to watches as well? I'm down to 10 now. I gave away 30 or so.

Well, 30 years in the fine jewelry business didn't help LOL. It's really the only "jewelry" that I wear. Being around fine jewelry all of the time (and with it the ability to buy or make anything I wanted at wholesale cost) made jewelry very "boring" and uninteresting if you know what I mean. So I never really wore any jewelry, but I always liked watches, so that's my guilty jewelry pleasure.

And I'm talking TASTEFUL watches, not the ridiculous oversized "my watch is bigger than your watch" ones that celebrities wear (that look like a hardware store or steampunk junk collection, passed off as a "watch"). That's the point when a watch ceases to be a watch and is called a CLOCK.

stupidwatch.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #26,667 of 63,802
At different points, I have collected or am collecting knives, watches, manga/anime earphones/headphones and guitars/amps basses/amps.
The two constants have been the instruments and the 'phones.
The instruments very much have followed the Chi-Fi pattern. Find a brand that punches way above it's price and mod and adjust them until satisfied. I used to either invest way more in parts than an instrument is worth, or in many more cases these days, leave it nearly stock and upgrade the playability and sound doing cheap or free tweaks.
Very fun handing a buddy one of my favorite cheapies and seeing their face when I tell them they are playing a $130 guitar...

Jan 5, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #26,668 of 63,802
Well, 30 years in the fine jewelry business didn't help LOL. It's really the only "jewelry" that I wear. Being around fine jewelry all of the time (and with it the ability to buy or make anything I wanted at wholesale cost) made jewelry very "boring" and uninteresting if you know what I mean. So I never really wore any jewelry, but I always liked watches, so that's my guilty jewelry pleasure.

And I'm talking TASTEFUL watches, not the ridiculous oversized "my watch is bigger than your watch" ones that celebrities wear (that look like a hardware store or steampunk junk collection, passed off as a "watch"). That's the point when a watch ceases to be a watch and is called a CLOCK.

I kind of like the steamjunk look, (I guess 'tasteful' is not my style), but I find a watch that large to literally be a pain, since I'm a fairly active guy. Those watches jab the back of my hand when bending my wrist.

I find the whole watch-designed-by-a-mad-scientist-on-a-cocaine-induced-fit-of-creativity esthetic very appealing, lol.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #26,669 of 63,802
You'll love the superlux they're one of the best value purchases I've made in audio. They're bright but sound so much more expensive than their cost. They're very plastic, come in cheap packaging but sound so so good IMO

I'm still awaiting the Superlux HD668B that I ordered for $22,99 on Gearbest on 28 November...
Latest tracking update was that it arrived in Malashevichy Poland on 20 december...

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #26,670 of 63,802
Just received some foam tips I order from AE.
Ordered 1 pair of T300 M Grey and 1 pair of T400 M Blue for just $1.78.
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs...32773491286.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.mJHGCS

The T300 fits the ZS5 perfectly. Was quite easy to get them on the nozzle, expected it to be a bit tighter. The grey looks kinda white though compared to my grey ZS5, so not a perfect color match but it's ok.
Still have to try the blue T400, will try to use them on my candy ZST.
ww5Mlyc.jpg

ww5Mlyc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back