Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #26,281 of 63,797
I'm also still waiting ony my ZS5 from Geabest. Ordered it on 8 november. I actually noticed I did not have free shipping, but payed $1,17 for the delivery.
According to the info page it is using
  • Deliveries : Europe Railway Registered
Can't even see that option available anymore

Meanwhile I have received multiple orders placed later at Gearbest with free shipping already. Orders from 17, 19, 23 november.
Really don't understand why the more expensive shipping is taking sooooo long.

Hey @ivo001 ,
seem we are facing same issue. My tracking info for ZST's looks absolutely the same.
As @Slater mentoined, shipping via NLPost... Good to know which service i will avoid next time.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #26,282 of 63,797
On the subject of Gearbest shipping, how do folks feel about "America Line (SF)" which seems to be their defacto small package shipping method. I loved the USPS backed e-packet shipping service and use it with AliExpress purchases when possible. Used it when Gearbest offered it too. But lately its just been this America Line. Which I don't care for at all. Takes longer, never seems to have tracking info and even 3rd party tracking sites often only have inside China tracking with nothing after arriving on US soil.

Are others having issues with this shipping method? What do you use instead? I've gotten to the point that although I like the service, in general, that I get from Gearbest I'm paying a few bucks more to order from AliExpress just so I can get e-packet shipping.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #26,283 of 63,797
So what is the big deal about the KZ ZSR other than being mentioned as 10 drivers (5 per side I take it)? Was it shown to improve upon something, or are we all just speculating since it is new and unknown.

Dec 13, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #26,284 of 63,797
So what is the big deal about the KZ ZSR other than being mentioned as 10 drivers (5 per side I take it)? Was it shown to improve upon something, or are we all just speculating since it is new and unknown.

The ZSR is a triple driver ( 2 x dynamic drivers and 1 x balanced armature ) IEM with a custom like shell for under $25. Also supposed to have a crossover in there as well. The 10 drivers ( 5 a side ) has no official release date yet.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #26,287 of 63,797
On the subject of Gearbest shipping, how do folks feel about "America Line (SF)" which seems to be their defacto small package shipping method. I loved the USPS backed e-packet shipping service and use it with AliExpress purchases when possible. Used it when Gearbest offered it too. But lately its just been this America Line. Which I don't care for at all. Takes longer, never seems to have tracking info and even 3rd party tracking sites often only have inside China tracking with nothing after arriving on US soil.

Are others having issues with this shipping method? What do you use instead? I've gotten to the point that although I like the service, in general, that I get from Gearbest I'm paying a few bucks more to order from AliExpress just so I can get e-packet shipping.

It's kind of an awful service. I would have had a green ZS6, but they lost it to the point where GB offered me both a refund and a nice point credit. Will most likely go another route for ZSR.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #26,288 of 63,797
Here you go buddy: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/home-made-iems.430688/

There's stuff on that would blow your mind. Some of the stuff people have made is incredible (starting with zero knowledge and just reading and learning and trying stuff out). The materials to make everything is readily available, and that thread is so packed with guides, photos, and info it will make your head explode.

Even if you don't ever plan on making your own CIEMs, there's so much useful stuff in there that one could use a lot of the same info for modding universal IEMs.

Thanks for the link Slater. It's giving me ideas, hmmmmm.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #26,289 of 63,797

e-packet rules

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #26,290 of 63,797

It's kind of an awful service. I would have had a green ZS6, but they lost it to the point where GB offered me both a refund and a nice point credit. Will most likely go another route for ZSR.

Yeah, the few times I've tried the "America Line" there's been some sort of issue. If I want it faster, I use the other "fast" shipping method (don't remember the name, but it's the non-"America Line" one).

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #26,291 of 63,797
Yeah, the few times I've tried the "America Line" there's been some sort of issue. If I want it faster, I use the other "fast" shipping method (don't remember the name, but it's the non-"America Line" one).
America Line seems to be whatever works at the moment. Tracking shows random shipping methods, IIRC.

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #26,292 of 63,797
Nothing wrong with using your multimeter but the cable does have an indicator of orientation. Although it may look like the opening where you'll be trimming is rectangular it actually has one rounded end. This matches up with the rounded end of the key in the IEM shell. Just mark the rounded end of the cable before you trim it off and you'll be oriented correctly. @Slater has a link in his signature showing pictures of the orientation key.
Damn for my worsening eyesight! :) Thanks, seen slater's pics. Now to find out how to trim off that 1 extra millimeter without damaging the plugs.
Unfortunately they sent me the wrong cable, whould have been the ones with 5mm pluglength, this is 6mms.

#fixed, was easier than expected. just a sharp blade and a looking glass and we're happy!

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #26,293 of 63,797
America Line seems to be whatever works at the moment. Tracking shows random shipping methods, IIRC.

Ah, so basically "America Line" is just a generic name for whoever they feel like using that day (a crapshoot in other words). Good to know!

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #26,294 of 63,797
Ah, so basically "America Line" is just a generic name for whoever they feel like using that day (a crapshoot in other words). Good to know!
The operative phrase is IRRC. My memory isn't what it used to be, but then again, it never was...

Dec 13, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #26,295 of 63,797

Users who are viewing this thread

Back