Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 4, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #24,663 of 63,671
There are already new ones?
It's not sure, just supposed to be because a guy, in a review, buy some different pair and the last one is said to have more balanced highs.

I think that, if one want to buy a newer pair of them, it may be better to wait the release of the gray model, for be sure of it.

EDIT: oh, there is already on Aliexpress.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #24,665 of 63,671
joqmja0vcavbrxmznblj.jpg
Respectfully, I'm compelled to disagree with such a classification. Devil's advocate? Maybe. Blasphemer and provocateur? Also possible. But in no way I'm doing this just to annoy people. I actually believe that there's a fair possibility of my point of view being of high veracity.

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #24,666 of 63,671
I have another potentially controversial skeptic's question - what's up with Chinese IEMs and vents? It's always a disadvantage (isolation) and the big Western names in audio usually don't have unnecessary holes in the casings of their IEMs, even old models. A lack in technological capabilities remedied by holes? Or am I missing something important?

Are you talking about vents or open grilles? Vents are usually very small, like 1-2mm. Open vents can carry in size.

Just like with headphones - closed, semi-open, fully open.

It's not really a Chinese thing. Most HP/EPs use various vents and grilles for tuning. Even vents on the driver itself are used for tuning.

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #24,668 of 63,671
Anyone here antecipating Kz Zsr just because of the amazing shells of Zs3 ? I mean, the drivers of zs3 was quite mediocre, but they turned to be awesome to wear and hear on the street, bus, etc. Since i've heard the rumours of zsr i have been waiting, even more beacuse i lost my zs3. I expect them to be in the middle of the road of Zst and zs5 in terms of price, optimistic, or the exact price of zs5. 2 bas, and 1 dynamic drivers, what are the earphones around there that uses the same configuration ? The zs3 was quite warm and bassy, 2 ba and one dynamic leaves the impression of a more bright signature. But please Kz, do not leave us with another huge spike in highs. Something like a Es3 - a more warm approach with more sub-bass zst - in the shell of zs3 and i would be already super happy.

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #24,670 of 63,671
ahoj nové tu, ospravedlňujem sa za anglicky, ale posledné dni hrám so svojím kz zs6 a mám merania a porovnania s vsonic gr07bass, 1more Triple, kz zs5 a urbanfun hifi. moja modifikácia spočívala v tom, že som do dýzy vložil trochu akustickej peny a odpojil som jednu balakovanú armatúru. Moje merania a porovnania sú zverejnené v albume tu na fead fi.I just tried uploading photos and measurements and I can not upload, do not you know why?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #24,671 of 63,671
The ZSR's shell is not the same as the one used for the ZS3.

The newer ZS3 will be probably the ZS4.

Someone posted a pic here, with the shells of zs3 in the same angle of the picture of disclorsure zsr. They looked pretty much the same, i've assumed that they are, the same. I also have my doubts that kz will launch a eaphone with the name of zs4, 4 is a "cursed" number in chinese culture. Tha'ts the main reason why they jumped from Kz zs3 to zs5, or zst.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #24,672 of 63,671
ahhh, well yea i tried to do a comparison:

I think the front part (the nozzle side) might be similar, but the back looks like a more orthodox shape.

Here @Superluc

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #24,673 of 63,671
Seeing this:

DNnpJaBWAAEn5Uk.jpg

The ZSR seem to me similar but more rounded and large near the nozzle. Perspective ? Maybe...

Regarding the ZS4, some KZ cables seller have add it's name on some cables support. Hillsonicaudio also have talked about it
ZS4 and ZSR will probably be long still, month end or early November will likely be the new expected launch date.

It's a proof. There's no need to think that they can't release an IEM with a damn 4 on it :smile:

The LZ A4 isn't chinese ? :smile:

Nov 4, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #24,674 of 63,671
It's not sure, just supposed to be because a guy, in a review, buy some different pair and the last one is said to have more balanced highs.

I think that, if one want to buy a newer pair of them, it may be better to wait the release of the gray model, for be sure of it.

EDIT: oh, there is already on Aliexpress.

The difference he heard could be because of burn-in, it could be psychological, could be unfortunate product variation at a manufacturing level, etc.

Saying it's a "ZS6 v2" seems like a knee-jerk reaction to me.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #24,675 of 63,671
Seeing this:

DNnpJaBWAAEn5Uk.jpg

The ZSR seem to me similar but more rounded and large near the nozzle. Perspective ? Maybe...

Regarding the ZS4, some KZ cables seller have add it's name on some cables support. Hillsonicaudio also have talked about it

It's a proof. There's no need to think that they can't release an IEM with a damn 4 on it :smile:

The LZ A4 isn't chinese ? :smile:

By that time, the rumour on the zsr where as they being a 10 driver iem, with a whole new shell, and zs4 as the hybrid zs3. It was just rumours; It turns out that we probably have the "hybrid zs3" wich would be zs4, as, in reallity, Zsr. I tend to think that there are no zs4, just zsr, as the 10 driver did'nt came, and the hybrid zs3 is probably, in front of us.

Sure, they can release a iem with a 4 on it, but because of what i explained, i think that zs4 is, in reality, the zsr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back