Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 24, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #23,971 of 63,796
first one: ordered 7 sep , shipped 10 sep, received 26 sep.
second one: ord 22 sep, shipped 29 sep, received 10 oct.
both gray no mic, both v1, 2nd one defective, got a refund without having to return them.

i've been listening to v1 for some hours, using the new ofc gray cable and stock starline tips and an ultra low output impedance source (no coupling caps).
maybe these zs5 and the cable needed some more burn-in (?), they sound good with same songs, but not so good with others.
after some hours, had to change to zs6 (foams + some minor eq).
zs5 v1 is very finicky about sources, and i could say even about cables, due to its extreme low impedance (i was listening to them using lower resistance cables -the 6 cores with metallic straight jack- days ago, and got the impression of more songs sounding better; maybe my mood was responsible). btw, they need quiet more power than zs6 to reach same volume; i suspect they have lower sensitivity than zs6 (shall measure sensitivity soon), together with higher phase, more current needed.. batteries run out faster.

resuming, i've decided to follow your suggestions, not trying to get a v2, which would be probably worse than zs6 (no "crossover", harsher upper mids and highs, and more finicky overall -output impedance tricks won't be effective to tame the highs-). got a black zs6 instead, using the v1 refund plus the new coupon, to combine with my green ones (liked the look of @briank996 's :p).
if someone wants v2 to get measured, just send me them for a few days.. :wink:
Ordered mine on Sept. 14th. Must just be luck of the draw then.

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #23,972 of 63,796
I threw a set of the Kinden tips off Amazon in with some other stuff I needed (non-audio) and they seem to be the same foamie as the Ali version and arrive in 2 days with Prime. I think they were $6 for 5 pairs so a bit more than Ali but I was out of mid sized foams that the wife and daughter use.

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #23,974 of 63,796
I've been negotiating with the gearbest support team for a couple of days now and I'm pretty mad at the response-rate of the customer service dude I'm talking with. I guess that's to be expected tho, LOL.

First I ordered a pair of zss5 and one pair of zs3s, and I chose expedited shipping, and after a while they sent out a support ticket asking if I would pay more because I live in an remote area. I replied OK and they sent out an invoice.
But after I read that the blue ones with mic might be v1 I thought this was the perfect opportunity to switch the headphones, so I asked in the same support ticket if they could change it. The support replied OK but that I would have to pay 42,74 USD extra.

I was like what? The difference is less than a dollar for me. I kind of panicked, thought to my self that I'll order another pair of blue zs5s without the expedited shipping, and after that i canceled the 42,74 USD invoice they sent.
I summarized all this in a message to them, but they've yet to reply back, and my second order is already shipping LOL, with my expedited shipping still being "processed" after not getting a reply.
It's the journey that counts, not the destination, right guys?

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #23,976 of 63,796
I've been negotiating with the gearbest support team for a couple of days now and I'm pretty mad at the response-rate of the customer service dude I'm talking with. I guess that's to be expected tho, LOL.

First I ordered a pair of zss5 and one pair of zs3s, and I chose expedited shipping, and after a while they sent out a support ticket asking if I would pay more because I live in an remote area. I replied OK and they sent out an invoice.
But after I read that the blue ones with mic might be v1 I thought this was the perfect opportunity to switch the headphones, so I asked in the same support ticket if they could change it. The support replied OK but that I would have to pay 42,74 USD extra.

I was like what? The difference is less than a dollar for me. I kind of panicked, thought to my self that I'll order another pair of blue zs5s without the expedited shipping, and after that i canceled the 42,74 USD invoice they sent.
I summarized all this in a message to them, but they've yet to reply back, and my second order is already shipping LOL, with my expedited shipping still being "processed" after not getting a reply.
It's the journey that counts, not the destination, right guys?

I'm on day 6 waiting for a response... I feel your pain.

Oct 24, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #23,977 of 63,796
I have some silly questions :

Does the Zs6 sound more open than usual cheap Ch-IEM's ? How would you compare them with some earbuds like monk + or vido ?

Does they hurt your ears ? I personnalu have medium small ears. Some people reported that they hurt.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #23,978 of 63,796
my KZ ZS6 with switched panels, which one looks better, left or right?

DSC09972.jpg

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #23,980 of 63,796
Oct 24, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #23,983 of 63,796
Both looks great. What about to wear them as they are. One ear red/black combination, other ear black/red combination.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #23,984 of 63,796
If I have the ZS5s (not sure if they're v1 or v2, treble isn't an issue, and I think they sound great) should I even think about getting the ZS6s? They're only $26 right now but I have so many headphones and iems lol.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #23,985 of 63,796
That is so random. I ordered mine September 22, received them 2nd October. They were the Ver2.
Mine was purchased Sept.7th, dispatched Sept.9th, recieved Sept.25th
Version 2, Grey w/o mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back