Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 17, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #23,642 of 63,801
Another day I just received my KZ Zs5 from banggood.com.
The first time I listened to this I didn't like it, the treble was too harsh and especially the sibilant sound like S.
After two days of burn in with music I would listen normally, it's better but the problem is still there. I use my Macbookpro and imac to listen to lossless music file.
Im quite new, I think I'm treble sensitive or is it from the iem. I found that there are two Versions of this, I only see one circle in mine Zs5 and it comes with earlike graphic package.
And would Zs6 has the same characteristic of supper strong treble like these Zs5?

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #23,644 of 63,801
Another day I just received my KZ Zs5 from banggood.com.
The first time I listened to this I didn't like it, the treble was too harsh and especially the sibilant sound like S.
After two days of burn in with music I would listen normally, it's better but the problem is still there. I use my Macbookpro and imac to listen to lossless music file.
Im quite new, I think I'm treble sensitive or is it from the iem. I found that there are two Versions of this, I only see one circle in mine Zs5 and it comes with earlike graphic package.
And would Zs6 has the same characteristic of supper strong treble like these Zs5?
Impedance mismatch, I think? A quick google search suggests ~24 ohms output impedance.

As can be seen from the data in this thread, ZS6 has even more treble than the ZS5 v1, but it also has an opposite reaction to increasing output impedance and so would probably produce very different results on those sources (less treble)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #23,645 of 63,801
The NX1 and NX2 have been reported to be very sensitive. However the newer versions, NX1s and NX2s, aren't. Rather nice inexpensive amp and amp/DAC combo respectively.
The new S versions have around 3.5 ohms output impedance though - not terrible, but not great either unless that's a desirable trait for a specific pairing - and it is right in the sweet spot for some IEMs that like non-zero output impedance, but I can't comment on how it effects KZ stuff.

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #23,646 of 63,801
I wanted to get peoples opinion on witch of KZs ED line has the most bass response it does not matter to me if it drowns out the mids and highs a little

I'd vote ES3 for largest bass response and Zs6 for best followed closely by Zs5v1.

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #23,647 of 63,801
I'd vote ES3 for largest bass response and Zs6 for best followed closely by Zs5v1.
Can KZ multi-driver headphones really beat out there single driver headphones? Is the difference just minor?

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #23,648 of 63,801
Fair warning, those Toppings are absurdly sensitive to EMI. Like... people say airplane mode works for them, and maybe I just got a really bad one... but yeah... nope. I was using it with a pair of ZS5 v1s and the heck with radio transmitters (which are just a big fat NOPE) - touching a touchscreen device that was within a few feet of the NX2 would send it cracking and popping, and I once made the mistake of setting it down on top of my desktop PC... which prompted a near hearing damage level of static to be produced.

That thing scared me. I replaced it with a Fiio Q1 and I'm pretty content so far.

Never had that magnitude of interference you described with my NX2. Well, when connected via DAC to my smartphone, sometimes there is a little interference. I guess it depends on the things you pair it to. I use it mostly with a FiiO x3II and it's a great combination for all KZ earphones. Another great amp to pair with the X3II is the classic Cmoy, but not for IEMs - only for something with more than 24 ohm.

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #23,649 of 63,801
Can KZ multi-driver headphones really beat out there single driver headphones? Is the difference just minor?

I think the ED3 is only marginally better than the Zs3 or Zst for quantity of bass output. So, I guess in answer to your question I do think there is a difference, but I don't think 2 drivers means double the bass quantity because it just isnt the case. I do think some of the dual dynamics from other brands really do lots for bass quantity and quality. One of my favorite all time basshead in ears is the Denon Urban Raver that was dual 11mm dynamics.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #23,650 of 63,801
Never had that magnitude of interference you described with my NX2. Well, when connected via DAC to my smartphone, sometimes there is a little interference. I guess it depends on the things you pair it to. I use it mostly with a FiiO x3II and it's a great combination for all KZ earphones. Another great amp to pair with the X3II is the classic Cmoy, but not for IEMs - only for something with more than 24 ohm.

I think the NX1 was the one that was really susceptible and they did get better with later models. I have the original Nx1 and it did occasionally have some interference but I never found it to be as bad as some others did.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #23,652 of 63,801
I think the NX1 was the one that was really susceptible and they did get better with later models. I have the original Nx1 and it did occasionally have some interference but I never found it to be as bad as some others did.
Yeah, I wouldn't have felt the need to point it out if it was a "normal" level of EMI, as I'd read plenty about that before ordering one, but pairing the NX2 with the ZS5 v1 (no other IEMs I own produced nearly this dramatic a result btw) and setting it on top of my desktop PC was a genuinely terrifying experience.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #23,653 of 63,801
I also experience the ES3 as having more bass than ZS5. :call_me:

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #23,654 of 63,801
Speaking of snake oil, I think they should make cable risers/lifters for IEMs. Because when the cable lays against your body, it can absorb subatomic life force wave energy ions and dark matter magnetic chakra particles that your body gives off, making IEMs sound distorted. By sticking cable risers all over our body (or maybe wear one of those puffy jackets or Michelin Man suits), then it HAS to help improve the sound, right?

i don't wanna be.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back