Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 14, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #23,463 of 63,803
Hello,I'm thinking about KZ earphones, but I don't know ES3 or ZS5? What would you suggest? Or even another model? I would use them for listening to jazz/pop/soul/rock, but also wondering to buy the bluetooth wire to use them in the gym.
I have and like both. ES3 has more bass and less Soundstage. Otoh, ZS5 has a little less bass but a larger Soundstage and more treble.

I listen to both with foam.. Here is a pic with ES3 and New Bees foams..

20171010_093528.jpg

Oct 14, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #23,465 of 63,803
hello friends currently im have pair of original IE80, im looking for more detailed(budget) iem,
wich one is the best baldoor e100 , KZ ZST PRO, KZ ZS6

What's wrong with the IE80!? It's not exactly a budget IEM! Do you really expect a $20 KZ to sound better?

Well, it looks like the ZS6 is the most detailed out of the bunch (from reading these forums). So that could be the answer you're looking for.

Me personally, I wouldn't want to touch the ZS6 with a 10-foot pole. I read that the treble is way too sharp, almost sibilant.

I bought the ZSE for that matter, but it doesn't have the reputation for being detailed.

So don't listen to me!

...But the ZS6 is your best bet.

Oct 14, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #23,466 of 63,803
Hello guys,
i noticed, that on the GB and AE appears two different packaging of the ZS5's.
One with "ZS5" title on left upper corner (red one).
Second with paper under the transparent plastic cover (without the letter in upper left corner).
I have the second one. Actually revision 2.
Is the first package rev.1 and second package rev.2.
Can you guys, owning the ZS5, confirm it?

Oct 14, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #23,468 of 63,803
Hello guys,
i noticed, that on the GB and AE appears two different packaging of the ZS5's.
One with "ZS5" title on left upper corner (red one).
Second with paper under the transparent plastic cover (without the letter in upper left corner).
I have the second one. Actually revision 2.
Is the first package rev.1 and second package rev.2.
Can you guys, owning the ZS5, confirm it?
Sadly no.

I have two pairs of grey v1s, both came with the paper cover.
I have one pair of blue v1s, it came with the plastic only cover.

No idea if it relates to color, or anything else, that's just what I've got on hand, but based on that I would tend to think it's not v1 vs v2.

Oct 14, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #23,470 of 63,803
Sadly no.

Bad news. I'm thinking about purchasing another pair of the ZS5's hoping to get rev.1 to compare with my rev.2.
Guess no chance to recieve the particulair pair.:rolling_eyes:

Oct 14, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #23,471 of 63,803
I bought the blue ZS5 without mic from NiceHCK on Sep 1st sales and got v1. Maybe one can ask the seller what batch they are currently selling.
I was also thinking that maybe no mic versions are in lower demand and perhaps that's why it's still old stock but I'm speculating.

Regarding the IEM itself it's a step up all around compared to ZS3 but as I feared it doesn't block noise as well and since I'm using IEMs only while commuting with noisy subway (only full size when indoors) it kind of lost purpose a bit. I will play with various tips maybe I can get decent isolation after all.
For me treble presentation is very good with ZS5 and borderline hot but without crossing (I see myself as rather treble resilient) so I can see why ZS6 which has even more emphasis in the 8-10 khz region might annoy a good deal of people.

Btw I don't think I've seen that answered - is ZS6 leaking sound and how is isolation in noisy environments? Same as ZS5 or worse due to the opened back?

Oct 14, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #23,474 of 63,803
What are the ZS5 and ZS6 like for gaming? As in imaging and sound stage? Also is there proof that the ZS6 has a crossover inside of it?

If it's 100% gaming and 0% music then i would buy the KZ ATR, their imaging abilities are leagues beyond their price.
If it's a 50-50 (like playing GTA, where there's radio stations are involved) then i would take the ZS3 if i want a bassier-smoother sound or the ZS5 if i want a brighter,more detailed sound (and they are more versatile because you can mod them).

ZSE will give you a more open sound because of their design. Their sound is more sparkly and exciting than the ATR and ZS3. I enjoy them quite a bit when i watch movies.

ZS6 is the best product and has the best sound reproduction overall.

Don't expect a big soundstage out of any of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back