Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 11, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #23,251 of 63,832
The cable on my pic is probably faulty that's why my opinion was not enthusiastic. I switched to silver(same as yours) and I can say I like the sound of ZS6, no complains about the bass and Mids ,only this highs could be tamed a little bit in my opinion
I had same issue with OOB but switched to Comply's and everything balanced out. Still using standard cable also listening straight for last 4 days, sounding great. (IMHO)

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #23,252 of 63,832
@botte I have both ZST's and have never been able to tell one from the other sound wise! I also have ZS5V1's in both Blue and Gray and once again no difference to me in SS but I will say since I now have the ZS6 it would be my recommendation as the ZST was my fave until the ZS6 came in but as always we all hear them a little differently. With that said not sure if I've helped you at all in your decision:open_mouth:

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #23,253 of 63,832
Dammmm..the ZS6 sounds fantastic off my samsung fone/wav songs... crisp n clear with a weighty punch on bass notes.. no shrills nor bloats.

Havent switch tips nor silvercable yet..nor try out my xduoo10dap. Gonna be a treat..trying to calm myself down.

The best KZ todate....per my taste of cos.

Wait til you try them with the X10 - it is a good pairing.

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #23,255 of 63,832
Hi, in following this thread for quite a while now and first of all thanx to you all for making me hyped and making my buying decisions easier. So meanwhile I have several iems from Kz and Im willing to share my impressions so here are the ones I have: ZS3, ES3, ZS5 and ZSE. I also had the Rock Zircon and several higher end iems and I have to say that Im quite impressed with the latest Kzs...

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #23,257 of 63,832
So I got my Comply tips and put them on the ZS5s.

Umm... wow.

TOTALLY different experience.

Not I'm gonna put these on everything - big big big difference in feel, comfort, sound, isolation... just wow.

Thanks for the advice and help everyone! :)

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #23,258 of 63,832
So I got my Comply tips and put them on the ZS5s.

Umm... wow.

TOTALLY different experience.

Not I'm gonna put these on everything - big big big difference in feel, comfort, sound, isolation... just wow.

Thanks for the advice and help everyone! :)

Nice to hear. I also ordered some Complies

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #23,259 of 63,832
I m using the size L tips to get a good seal with the zs6 ..most iems i achieved that with M size...interesting.

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #23,260 of 63,832
Put them on my ZSTs just there... much much better isolation, and of course that means I'm hearing details I was missing before... the same if true of the ZS5s.

Instant upgrade.

They aren't cheap though are they? I just bought the comfort ones though... hooked now! :)

Oct 11, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #23,261 of 63,832
Bought the black foamtips from geatbest...inexpensive..dun know how durable these are.

Put on the L sized foamies...seal aint good..the sound spiked up.

Switched to the M size..woahhh...heaven came into my ears.. there's a fuĺlness of sound in depth...deep into the stage..without losing the clarity in the highs.

Think i m stuck with this Mfoamies for now...Ennio Morricone spinning his magic in my ears now...beautiful..

ZS6....Less than 50bucks...crazzzzzy.

Ps: the gearbest blackfoamies didnt fit tightly enough to the zs6stems..one got stuck in my ear as i pulled. :p

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #23,263 of 63,832
I just tested my new Zs5 with the silver upgrade cable and man what a difference. Its much more refined at the cost of some warmth and bass but its much more high end sounding. The stock cables seem to hold back the iems full potential.
EXCELLENT.

Mine's arriving tomorrow.

Between that and the Comply tips I am psyched.

I also just ordered the LZ A4s though... I wonder what I'm in for! :)

Oct 11, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #23,265 of 63,832
EXCELLENT.

Mine's arriving tomorrow.

Between that and the Comply tips I am psyched.

I also just ordered the LZ A4s though... I wonder what I'm in for! :)

A real treat:thumbsup: Congrats:beerchug:

A4 Opy 1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back